Science SSTO "Pernach"

Reistlyn

Science SSTO "Pernach" - science spaceplane for full exploration missions on Leythe, as the same may be used for research the Mun and Minmus. Has on-board laboratory and a double set of scientific instruments on a medium and a small rover in the cargo compartment in the tail.

To output the rover from the cargo compartment must fold the rear landing gear (key 7), open cargo bay doors (key 6) and undock the rover. For ease of operation the rover should be switched to an unmanned module (between the seats). Rover attaches easily back and you can take with you on Kerbin.

Features:

Version KSP - 0.90.0

Crew - 6 kerbals;

Number of pieces - 268;

Weight - 49.558t;

Supply of electricity - 5300;

Fuel Capacity:

Fuel - 4110;

Oxidizer - 3190;

Power supply:

RITEG - 2 spacecraft and rover 4;

Small solar panels - 6 on the rover;

Large solar panels - 2 spacecraft;

The quantity of atmospheric engines - 6;

The quantity of nuclear propulsion engines - 2;

DeltaV in orbit 100x100km excluding fuel on maneuvers in the atmosphere Leythe, but given its weight - 3750-3800m/s (fuel capacity for landing/take-off on Leythe about 670);

Total estimated delta with the development of fuel on Leyte about 4200m/s.

Control:

1 - Scientific instruments (both sets on the spacecraft and rover);

3 - Ladder;

5 - Solar panels;

6 - áargo doors;

7 - Rear landing gear;

8 - Turn on/off atmospheric engines;

9 - Turn on/off intake;

0 - Turn on/off nuclear engine.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wh844foq64gu83o/SP%20Pernach%20MK-1.craft?dl=0

Edited by Reistlyn

Yup, it is indeed awesome. Reminds me of an old one of mine, the Pathfinder (in function). Not so sure about using the huge Mk3 cockpit in such a small design (it's heavy and IMO it looks a bit disproportionate for small builds), but I have yet to find out a good Mk3 cockpit config for smallish things that isn't the conical 3 man capsule. The bay is priceless, BTW.

Rune. Kudos!

I downloaded this; it's awesome! Everything about it is well thought out and engineered. The way the lab is integrated into the hull, the rover and cargo bay in the back, the science instruments up top  it's glorious. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.