How to land on the moon?

Could you give more detail about what is going wrong?

Please describe your initial (parking) orbit around Kerbin, and the steps you are following to try to get to the Mun. (Note, I'm assuming you meant the stock KSP Mun, not the RSS Moon.)

In general, if you're in a low Kerbin orbit of between about 70 and 100 km, you'll need to burn prograde for about 860 m/s of ÃŽâ€v.

You will need to time the burn so that the Mun is about 90° in front of your position when you burn (i.e. if you're at 6 o'clock relative to Kerbin, the Mun should be at about 3 o'clock.

If you set this up with a maneuver node, you should see the trajectory intercept the Mun's orbit and be marked with 'Mun Encounter'.

Let me know if you need any more detail :)

ETA: This should probably be posted in the 'Gameplay Questions and Tutorials' subforum, rather than 'General KSP Discussion'. I'm sure a friendly mod will be along soon to move it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.