Jeb's House B9

pheeph

I'm working on another random project involving a bit of interior design... I codename it "Jeb's House"... using B9 parts... It's more of a two to three floor house. I hope to get this into orbit and possibly to the Mun or Minmus...

VyHyvPq.png

Still under construction...

3cX6D35.png

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......

rKTxuJZ.png

The "stairway"

UXihsz5.png

This is where the galley will be....

nNYQ2vh.png

"Did someone forget to install the fridge?"

UPDATE: The craft works and is very capable of landing on the Mun.

Craft file: http://www./download/dvp51fypbn87d66/Jeb's_House_B9.craft

Edited by pheeph

Made progress on "Jeb's House"

W4oiJDC.png

So far it's a house on wheels... could go anywhere... I think...

LiAQ6Yz.png

What a lovely view...

oKOa8pc.png

One of the Kerbonauts fell down the stairs

BfKa3fq.png

"Oh, come on!! Are really out of cream cheese?!"

MkUDebN.png

"What are you watching?"

"Another episode of 'Kerbylon 5'."

jkLwAmm.png

"Do you mind?!" (Thanks for the tip, Reistlyn)

Anyway, the real challenge for me right now is getting this thing into orbit... the last couple of tries, the breaks up...

nice! :)

i have one too.

to be exact.. its a whole small village with its own nuclear power plant. because.. kerbals :D

http://www.umluex.at/bilder/ksp/index.php?cmd=image&sfpg=KjIwMTMtMTEtMjdfMDAwMDcucG5nKmUwZGU2OGEzMzIxNmQ5NDk0NGYwYmVkYmMyZDZkMmVj

wow that's really cool you should defiantly make a kerbal village!!

Okay guys, it's official. With the help of a launcher attached, 'Jeb's House B9' can get into orbit... It's also capable of landing on the Mun though landing something that big is not easy... (you'll have to figure that one out on your own)

I updated the first post on this thread to add the craft file

Javascript is disabled. View full album

During one of my lucky landing attempts, the interstellar booster that was docked on the bottom broke into pieces

xPeBxyn.png

bnDdV7I.png

Things to note:

-If you have something like FAR, I'd suggest turning that off because the house breaks up on launch.

-I highly recommend the Kerbal Attachment System mod. That way you can insert things into the house that can be either vital or for decoration...

-After you get this thing into orbit, you'll have to provide your own means of getting the house to places like the Mun or Minmus... there's a large docking port on the bottom of the house.

-Be very careful when you're landing the house. I had to load the quicksave several times to get it right. Some of the landings I had were lucky...

-Make sure you drive that thing carefully... I'd suggest driving under 10 m/s. Go too fast, and you'll lose control . And be careful about coasting down hills as well. If the house ran over something like a bump on the terrain, it'll easily flip (happened to me at 20 m/s and lost the house after the first landing). With low gravity places like the Mun and Minmus, it's easy for the house to fall over onto its side.

-That little rocket attachment I had on the top doesn't have enough thrust to help with the landing...

Edited by pheeph

to be exact.. its a whole small village with its own nuclear power plant. because.. kerbals :D

That... has just changed everything about how I think Munbases should look... The only question is whether I have a fairing big enough to fit them in during launch!

Dang... that's very impressive... did you build that from the bottom up or top down?

Anyway, I decided to send a 'house' to the Arctic North on Kerbin... I modified this one a bit to have parachutes around the pod. I couldn't put those parachutes anywhere else because they would just rip the parts off the structure once they fully deployed... I also added struts on the pod and whatever on the structural center to prevent any part from being yanked off.

xgumLcJ.png

MJ9HKEvh.png

We've landed.

97llL8Rh.png

...except that the 15 m/s impact damaged the rover wheels...

0nMu8Wfh.png

One of the Kerbonauts comes out to fix them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.