I broke KSP, for the third time.....

zack2014

Omnom lander ate the universe... That\'s the weird part about video games. Two seemingly unrelated systems can easily conflict and rip each other\'s throats out. Maybe try building progressively smaller ships, removing one part or fuel tank at a time, and figure out the exact point this starts happening...? It\'ll be more useful to the dev team (and can serve as a clear warning for other massive-ship-builders) if you do so.

It\'s not actually all that massive. only 116 tons at liftoff, and I think 40 tons is the first stage. the payload is pretty much empty space. It drops the BigTrak mod.

Also, I think it\'s just me that has these problems, since this is my third weird graphics explosion lately, and apparently I was the first one to find a bug with Tosh\'s new laser.

I must just be destructive ;P

or it could be a sign that your g card is suffering...

have you done any overclocking (g card or CPU)? if so reduce the clock a little bit (a bad OC can cause some really screwy graphics issues)

or it could be a sign that your g card is suffering...

have you done any overclocking (g card or CPU)? if so reduce the clock a little bit (a bad OC can cause some really screwy graphics issues)

I have absolutely no idea what you just said. I\'m not the most tech savvy person, so a little clarification please? Also, I\'m on a mac if that makes any difference?

I have absolutely no idea what you just said. I\'m not the most tech savvy person, so a little clarification please? Also, I\'m on a mac if that makes any difference?

What you are seeing is called artifacting. Your GPU, Graphics Processing Unit, can\'t handle the load of the game visuals/physics.

No offense to you, or to anyone else, but you shouldn\'t be playing video games on a Mac, they just aren\'t made for them. Try turning your graphics settings down all the way, and if they already are, then you might want to invest in a PC (If you are that interested in still playing the game, that is, I\'m not pushing you to buy a PC)

What you are seeing is called artifacting. Your GPU, Graphics Processing Unit, can\'t handle the load of the game visuals/physics.

No offense to you, or to anyone else, but you shouldn\'t be playing video games on a Mac, they just aren\'t made for them. Try turning your graphics settings down all the way, and if they already are, then you might want to invest in a PC (If you are that interested in still playing the game, that is, I\'m not pushing you to buy a PC)

I had to check this post to make sure it wasn\'t from 2003 or so.

This really isn\'t the case anymore, a lot of Macs come with the same Intel chips and use the same ATI or NVIDIA GPUs as their PC brothers. Sure, there are weak little iMacs or Macbooks, but those are just like the lightweight PCs and laptops that are just as bad at it. Its true that a lot of games weren\'t MADE to run on MacOS, but for those that do, they do so just fine, and the attitude of telling Mac users to buy a PC died years ago.

That said, the graphic artifacts tells me the hardware in this specific Mac is either too weak to handle everything, or that is is perhaps becoming faulty - dieing video cards also experience these sorts of glitches.

This is a pretty old mac, I\'m running a:

3.06 GHz Dual core

4Gb memory

And an 800 Mhz processor, I think. No idea on the graphics card though, I don\'t think you can even change it on an iMac.

I think that might be his DDR2 RAM bus speed.

Yeah, that\'s the 800 one

Most likely an outdated computer issue. How old is it? Might as well invest in a new one if its too old.

It\'s probably 5 or 6 years old, and my dad just bought a new MacBook so no new iMac for a while.

You just won the 2012 tournament of KSP breakers :D

you shouldn\'t play video games on a mac, they aren\'t meant for them

*raging*...

I\'VE GOT MORE THAN 12 GAMES ON MY MAC THEY RUN PERFECTLY exept back to the future wich is a bit buggy :-x

Seriously, why do you think they\'re not made for games ? You know, Windows too aren\'t meant for games. They were originally meant to work. Like all other computers, no ?

What you\'re seeing is texture memory corruption. It can be caused by failing graphics hardware, driver issues or overflowing the texture memory space. Id try updating your drivers first and turn down your settings, especially terrain detail. If its showing in other games, perhaps consider a new laptop... Gpus are integrated in mac laptops so its not a cost effective repair.

You just won the 2012 tournament of KSP breakers :D

*raging*...

I\'VE GOT MORE THAN 12 GAMES ON MY MAC THEY RUN PERFECTLY exept back to the future wich is a bit buggy :-x

Seriously, why do you think they\'re not made for games ? You know, Windows too aren\'t meant for games. They were originally meant to work. Like all other computers, no ?

i did this first bro

If you\'re just starting to see this kind of thing, and if it is from your graphics card overheating, it could be that there\'s a layer of dust caked onto your card. I\'d normally suggest opening it up and cleaning it out with some canned air, but I don\'t know if Apple\'s desktops are set up in such a way that the end user could do that kind of simple maintenance.

1. It\'s graphics card failure or overheating

2. You really shouldn\'t make a thread for each time you 'break' the game.

1. Yeah, but there\'s no way I can fix that

2. I just find it funny in all the interesting ways the graphics engine can explode.