[PLUGIN 0.15+] Frame Rate Command Pod v1.2: Ap/Pe/Encounter Readouts!

Tosh

[table][tr][td]

attachment.php?attachmentid=22479

64px-Cc-by_new.svg.png64px-Cc-sa.svg.png

[/td]

[td]Well, this plugin (initially being a simple FPS-measuring debug tool) gradually develops into a piloting instrument, which greatly reduces the need in switching back and forth between vessel view and orbital map screen :rolleyes:.

In v1.2, it displays the following readings:

• Frame rate,
  • Current altitude above the terrain (or the reference ellipsoid, if no terrain data is currently available),
  • Apoapsis and periapasis altitude, and time of arrival (for orbiting vessels only),
  • Next encountered celestial body name, and time of arrival (if there's a SOI switch ahead),
  • Distance and direction to nearest Rock Arch or Munolith (press <F7> to toggle).

Warning! No part is included! After installing addon (either extract fpsPod12/ directory's contents into KSP/ folder, or use Generic Mod Enabler), you'll need to open your favorite command pod's PART.CFG file with Notepad and change the module name:

module = fpsPod

All the vessels with this command pod will display its readouts in the upper right corner of the screen.

Plugin requires KSP Version 0.15 or higher!

Download 10 Kb (must be logged in)[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]

v1.2:

[/td][td]Added Ap, Pe and next encounter readouts (incl. ETA). Directories made GME-compatible. Requires KSP v0.15+.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]

v1.1:

[/td][td]Displays altitude above Mun and Minmus correctly. Added Munolith detector. The last KSP v0.14-compatible version.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]

v1.0:

[/td][td]Initial release.[/td][/tr][/table]

Edited by Tosh

Shouldn\'t this go under 'plugins for plugin developers'?
Well, it\'s a final release, it\'s ready to use, it may be helpful for testers team as well as for 3D modellers... well, I\'m not quite sure :).

Let the mods decide.

Excuse me. I though a FPS pod was something like the laser pods on the A-10C...

That is useful anyway, especially if you have a special 'part testing' install (basically it includes this + stock + Mechjeb/Cart + plugins and parts to test)

• 3 weeks later...

The munolith detector also finds rock arches.

Yes, I know))

It looks for a nearest animation object in the main celestial body.

But I\'m really curious why are those rock arches made as animations? What\'s to animate there ? o_O

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to have multiple command module names? Like I also use the comsat mod and for any part to be considered a comsat I have to have comsat in the module name.

As far as i know the comsat plugin works with vessels that have 'comsat' in the *vessel name* - not in the part or module name.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.