[KSP 1.4.5] [x] Science! - KSP Science report and checklist (V5.17)

16 hours ago, steve_v said:

@Z-Key Aerospace: Please, a setting to disabe the warp-halt and irritating noise on biome transition, ideally a radio-button on the here and now window. The window is great, but this means I can't leave it open.

@Z-Key Aerospace, I must admit when you first added this feature to [x] Science! I did not care much for it either. However, I came to appreciate what I assumed you deliberately implemented as an elegant solution; simply closing the window eliminated the audio alert and did not de-warp you. I for one actually like it the way that it is, though admittedly I may be in the minority. Not to mention that it is very unlikely that everyone will happy. Especially with such a popular, borderline essential mod. A toggle-able option is probably the only way to make 'everyone' happy.

Totally separately, the audio alert and de-warp feature stopped working for me. Sometime after the 1.2.1 update I think. I updated to the latest version off of CKAN today and [x] Science! no longer pulls me out of warp like it used to when new science is available.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Edited by Stratickus

I don't mean to bring up an old issue, but all i could find mentioned ANYWHERE (googled for days) about "Splashed down in Kerbin's highlands" was in this thread, which specifically mentioned PRE-1.2 biomes (and the location was very vague, as in "near badlands"... thx mate).

The Field Research mod doesn't have any locations for splashed highlands in the config, so that particular contract will never appear. Consequently, [x] Science! will always have those highland sciences taunting my OCD.

Does anyone, ANYONE, have ANY idea about where to find splashed highlands in 1.2? I mean, nobody here cares about spoilers, judging by some of your insane mod lists. And it's not even about that. It's about establishing whether it actually exists. And if it does, I will personally update the Field Research mod with the location. If it doesn't, I hope this mod can exclude it somehow.

PLEASE. ANYONE! SPLASHED HIGHLANDS!!! IM GOING CRAZY!

Edited by Athox

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2016 at 11:29 PM, Athox said:

I don't mean to bring up an old issue, but all i could find mentioned ANYWHERE (googled for days) about "Splashed down in Kerbin's highlands" was in this thread, which specifically mentioned PRE-1.2 biomes (and the location was very vague, as in "near badlands"... thx mate).

The Field Research mod doesn't have any locations for splashed highlands in the config, so that particular contract will never appear. Consequently, [x] Science! will always have those highland sciences taunting my OCD.

Does anyone, ANYONE, have ANY idea about where to find splashed highlands in 1.2? I mean, nobody here cares about spoilers, judging by some of your insane mod lists. And it's not even about that. It's about establishing whether it actually exists. And if it does, I will personally update the Field Research mod with the location. If it doesn't, I hope this mod can exclude it somehow.

PLEASE. ANYONE! SPLASHED HIGHLANDS!!! IM GOING CRAZY!

I also can't find this biome, nor the splashed down at mountains. Before they did the biome update I had various locations that I knew. Post 1.2, can't seem to find them. I have been using SCANSat mod to investigate water on the map but no luck...can anybody shed any light on these?

Thanks

Casper

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that the "Here and Now" Status window always says that it is not able to run the DMagic Obital Experiments. Is this an error, or just something yet to be implemented?

I remember that Science Alert had a similar issue, which was when DMagic updated his mod, then Science Alert had to be recompiled against the new version. Could that be the issue here?

5 hours ago, Warezcrawler said:

I noticed that the "Here and Now" Status window always says that it is not able to run the DMagic Obital Experiments. Is this an error, or just something yet to be implemented?

I remember that Science Alert had a similar issue, which was when DMagic updated his mod, then Science Alert had to be recompiled against the new version. Could that be the issue here?

Can confirm.  All of the DMagic science parts in Universal Storage wedges need to be run manually.  Even the orbital telescope and magnetometer, when extended, won't work through "Here and Now".  The only experiments I've run that work seem to be the stock versions that are out in the open.

Edited by MaxxQ

I posited this question in Kerbalism, but I wanted to ask here as well. The new Kerbalism that works with 1.2 was updated sometime in the last 2 days and makes a lot of changes. [X] Science will note that an experiment is completed after the mission is complete, but during mission will report the same experiment as incomplete causing me to record the experiment twice. Is there a way that [X] Science could be adjusted to track Kerbalism's use of data recording for science experiments?

Btw, I have been using [X] Science since I started Kerbal and found my first set of mods. This is absolutely the most functional mod to have installed on Kerbal. Thanks for making/maintaining it!

Think it will still work in 1.2.1? 

I'm drawing the line here for myself, I want to finally get this career save started and I just got all the mods I want installed and (mostly) working, so I'm not updating to 1.2.2

EDIT: Never mind, found your list of legacy downloads, so I just downloaded 5.3....thanks for having that up.

Edited by Errol

2 hours ago, Sabonius said:

Does it support SCANsat (not to recognize biomes before they've been scanned)?

If not is there way to disable biomes detection?

No support of ScanSat, but this is a thing I'd really like to see, like in the old Science Alert.

And no way, that I'm aware of, to hide biome related experience.

3 hours ago, CAKE99 said:

How do I disable the feature where every time the situation of my vessel (like what biome it is above) changes, the mod sets timewarp to 1x?

I'm pretty sure that as long as the here and now window is closed, that won't happen. 

Can you create an option to make there here and now window only cancel warp when there is transmittable science that can be returned?

If you have an orbiter that isn't going to return to kerbin with say a thermometer on it the warp gets cancelled because you only have 60%ish of teh thermometer science every time you cross a biome despite the fact that you can't transmit the remainder.

10 hours ago, tomf said:

If you have an orbiter that isn't going to return to kerbin with say a thermometer on it the warp gets cancelled because you only have 60%ish of teh thermometer science every time you cross a biome despite the fact that you can't transmit the remainder.

This would be awesome

I'm sure this has been requested, but i'd love to see implementation for Dmagic's orbital science. It pops up with the notification but I am unable to take the readings using the menu. Also not sure if it would need to be separate but the universal storage modules for science do not work either with this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.