"Eve: Order Zero" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (POSTLUDE COMPLETE...bet you didn't see THAT coming.)

"And Effnine commanded the Kraken, and it vomited the ship into normal space." (the Book of Jonah Kerman, Chapter 2, Verse 10)

Ha! Now you're giving me ideas...a Kerbal that quotes some kind of scripture the way Bob quotes General Orders? Maybe from some kind of pyramid cult...

I had that Kraken visit me for the first time just a few days ago. I went into the tracking station and selected my Sentinel probe and ... Bam! the Kraken strikes. Blank or NaN readouts and ship just gone after shutdown and restart.

Yeah it's really annoying...IRL work I have had systems crap out due to ending up with an invalid number in software. We worked around it using a crazy thing called "non-volatile memory"--hopefully Squad can do the same someday :)

Uuu, Dilsby is protective of his crew - good :)

Yup. And that's why that lime speech balloon isn't for everyone :) You can't have Flight or anyone else second-guessing your crew's decisions light-minutes from home.

49bmLuf.png

At this moment in Earth time, the Eve flotilla and Hummlebee are all in solar transit several weeks or months from their next maneuver. I'm doing some cleanup work around Kerbin, bringing home some asteroid ships that proved to be ineffective and wrangling a Class E with one that IS. May do an Interlude for one or both missions.

So, any reader requests? Burning questions about Kerbfleet ships, personnel or organization that I could answer in comic form?

- - - Updated - - -

I loved the interludes in "Duna, Ore Bust!" giving us insight into each crew member.

Something like that for these Kerbals would be great.

I don't know why Bob is protesting, but he probably has a good reason. :)

Also, I'm enjoying Dilsby immensely. He's definitely an interesting character.

Happy landings!

Man, that Star Wars quote…

Looks like you had a very close encounter with the Kraken himself, luckily Clauselle knows the tricks! I recently had the Kraken eating my asteroid station, I force-quitted the game and started it again, it saved that station :)!

I loved the interludes in "Duna, Ore Bust!" giving us insight into each crew member.

Sure--not planning to go super deep and meaningful on all six of them, but yes that worked very well in the other story and I should do that here. But first, something silly:

vOS5UNj.png

Yeah, thought of this on vacation and just had to indulge myself. My first attempt at a song parody in another language, hope it wasn't too horrible. Fifth Kerpublique, feel free to appropriate this once you get your new computer fixed :D

Edited by Kuzzter

I always like the musical bits. Thanks again Kuzzter!

Ha, let's hear you sing THAT one in the shower :D

- - - Updated - - -

Complete with contextually appropriate color scheme. :D Good thing Melbe seems to be enjoying herself, because if I were Gene (or for that matter, Melbe), I'd be going crazy...

Especially since at this point Clauselle is about 5 light-seconds away from Gene, and Melbe is about 5.5 light-seconds away! Oh, the dissonance!

Ok, got it. Something a bit similar, but different. Hope you all like :)

Edited by Kuzzter

Heheh, are you in one of those "fake movie' challenges?

Anyway, I noticed what I believe to be a typo on the previous page in the French Kerbfleet song. I think it's supposed to be "etandard", not "entardard". But I only deal with patois so you should probably ask a Frenchman :).

This interlude is ultimately going to end with a couple of whales, several chapters down the line, isn't it? :P
Perhaps, if only so someone can say, "Yeah? Well double dumS on you!"

- - - Updated - - -

Heheh, are you in one of those "fake movie' challenges?

This whole comic is a fake movie challenge sometimes :) I didn't see any active ones on the board, that would be fun to do.

Anyway, I noticed what I believe to be a typo on the previous page in the French Kerbfleet song. I think it's supposed to be "etandard", not "entardard". But I only deal with patois so you should probably ask a Frenchman :).

I think maybe we're both wrong--will look it up later, and merci mille fois for catching that.

- - - Updated - - -

Good Job, this will be cool.

Hope so, thanks. Had to install a bunch of mods to make this happen :)

And the atmosphere in the forum was thick with anticipation... :)

Ha, let's hear you sing THAT one in the shower :D

My French singing repertoire only includes Frère Jacques and Alouette.

Happy landings!

Edited by Starhawk

Oh, they have computers. ^_^
Computer-like parts courtesy of Kerbal Engineer :)
Just make sure the inertial dampeners are off ;)
What, you think Kerbfleet would let crew fly around the bridge just for dramatic effect? Well, you won't be disappointed...

Klzc0ey.png

KNAJHxO.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.