The Dunatian, Playable Save File (Like a Scenario)

Aannnd I have been proven wrong, you can make it smaller.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine has a couple of Landing legs to move the Rover Panel, you could use something similar

Nope, there's no hinge in mine, it's pushed out by radial decouplers and Sepatrons, and because the decouplers push it out a little too far, the Sepatrons push it back in.

Opening sucess rate on launchpad is close to 100%

If you left the docking ports in the panels and rotated the other ports 90 degrees, would the panel docks magnetically hook up, maybe if the seperaton was still firing?

Edit: Actually that's what you are doing, but the ports are too far away to actually dock, and then you got rid of them anyway

The Martian ship, it's the mothership.

Video will come probabl tomorrow or something.

Ah yeah the huge one. cool. Are you going ot make it properly? In a few parts, assembled in orbit? In the trailer it showed them using Ares Vs but I dont know how many parts it was in.

Yup, still don't know about whether I should use proper ions or not..

Hmm, yeah tricky choice. Did you see the andy weir and Adam savage interview? Watch that, he mentions the TWR of hermes.

Ions might not be doable. But test!

Yeah, I was sick and obsessing over a stupid hinge for Pathfinder. Getting better now, I think I will just go with your idea and have something that looks right but does not work. Plus the docking port Kraken drive ruined my last idea for a smaller hinge. Did you wanna donate any craft files? I'll add them up on the front page.

They are some interesting designs, have you tested the rover in a cargo bay? It looks a bit wide. Edit : I think it's just perspective.

Did you check out my rover, habitat and solar farm, they are designed to all dock to each other (so you can take the solar farm with you when you leave to recharge the rover).

Edited by selfish_meme

I can work on this is you would like, I can do the ships

I accept entries from the community, no problems, look at the asset list and pick what you want to do, and submit a craft file. At the moment, my only criteria is that it fit in with the overall feel of the Ares Mars Direct artwork, you can look online to find examples of most things, and that it fit in with the other craft. So for example the Rover needs to be able to tow another rover/and or solar farm. Maybe dock with the hab. I want it to look and play cohesive, so keep other craft in mind when designing. if you see something that could be done better or is not right in some way let us know, tweak things if you want.

Cheers for wanting to help.

Cool, I'll get working on it!

- - - Updated - - -

http://themarspioneer.com/images/articleTemplate_clip_image020.jpg

Something like this?

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I found when I looked up "Ares mars ascent vehicle"

Never seen that one, but never looked for the ascent vehicle, if you can get it to orbit from Duna I'll look at it, you can check out my current one on the first page, all he said in the book was pretty much 'gleaming conical' so that's what I went with.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.