Saturn Shuttle Mission Archive [SSM-17]

ZooNamedGames

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 5:04 PM, Ultimate Steve said:

Just how "massive" are we talking? Lots of tiny sats? A medium amount of medium sats? I could build a minisat for that mission...

well the same number as the one deployed on the SSM-16 mission which was filmed, check the OP.

On June 6, 2016 at 7:15 PM, KAL 9000 said:

It's the day after tomorrow...

After nearly a week of delays within the media department (mostly caused by daily storms hitting the cape), we finally can release a report on the missions of the Saturn Shuttle Program!

SSM-15, the mission for JAI. We speed into orbit, dropped the payload and left, making it a quick mission!

Then we had SSM-16, the first filmed mission! For once you can see how the launch of a Saturn Shuttle Mission goes for yourself :) .

Meanwhile SSM-17 is sitting inside the VAB as we wait for the storms around the KSC to calm before we begin rolling it out to the pad.

We are tracking topical storm "Bonnie", which is coming from the south of the KSC and moving north, if the storm makes landfall we may need to evacuated which will delay launches for a short duration as we wait for the storms to pass. We will provide storm maps as we can.

Edited by ZooNamedGames

On June 13, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Gauga159 said:

*impaitentley waiting for payload to launch*

Which payload are you waiting on

We would like to remind you we are under threat from hurricane "Bonnie". So launches are delayed.

2 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Which payload are you waiting on

We would like to remind you we are under threat from hurricane "Bonnie". So launches are delayed.

The mun probe i sent you and i'll wait until the hurricane stops.

Good to see you my friend!

Don't know if you remember me. I'm BriXman, creator of B.R.I.Xco, back in the day. Nice to see you are still on these forums!

I'm gonna try to get back into KSP, maybe write a few stories of my own.

Cheers!

~BriXman

• 5 weeks later...

The Storm Has Subsided

It has been a long time since we at the program have written, but that is because in the past few weeks we have been busy working on repairing the damage left from Hurricane Bonnie which just past through the area. It caused significant damage to various space flight facilities, with significant damage to the Launchpad, Vehicle Assembly Building and the Research and Development Complex. Thankfully the orbiters were relocated just before the storm came through so they were safe, however we were unable to launch or even assemble any launch seeing as both the Launch Complexes and the Vehicle Assembly Building was rendered damaged beyond a point of use.

These are some photos collected from the wreck-

Spoiler

KSC-04PD-1719.jpg

LoopBillVis.gif

article-1372035-0B6CC8A800000578-399_634

KSC-20160627-PH_SWW01_0048.jpg

Thankfully after weeks of hard, diligent work, the space center is back to a point of functioning. We are planning on picking up from where we left off and also make up for our lost time, as we feel we have left people down. So we will be speeding through launches faster than ever before and that by the end of August, we will be at SSM-40 if not further.

Thankfully The President of the United States of Kafrica made a speech soon after the hurricane past through and the initial damage was assessed.

"There is only one emotion we can feel today in sight of all this destruction, heartbreak. Everyone who has ever been part of the program has seen there efforts torn down. One of the greatest symbols of the space program, the Vehicle Assembly Building, has had significant wind damage to the side that bore nightmarishly fast wind speeds. The Launchpad in front of us has had the structure torn and bent.

Yet, we have not been defeated. In fact, I say that we have been given yet another challenge to overcome. We have lost too many men and women to let this stop us now. We have to continue.

[pauses]

I was fortunate enough to have spoken to the commander of the SSM-5 crew before he left on his mission... When we did, he made mention only his desires to see what the space program could do. He told me that he wanted to see the station to completion and call it his home however sadly as we all know... he didn't get that chance. Him and his crew didn't have a chance to see any of their hopes and dreams come to fruition that day.

Today we have a choice, today we can pursue these goals and continue to go beyond them and the see worlds that lay beyond them. We have those opportunities that were cruelly ripped from others who didn't have a choice. We owe it to them to keep going and to never stop.

Let nothing stop us, as we owe it all to those who gave their lives to get us here. We must go, where they could not.

Let's go back to space".

In these next few days we hope to rapidly return to our launch schedule and launch more to space than ever before onboard our Saturn Shuttle Program, so keep an eye out as things will happen rapidly and things will be superior to anything ever before.

Saturn Shuttle Program; Faster, Further, Superior.

Edited by ZooNamedGames

Just now, Ultimate Steve said:

0_0

Please be within the next few hours... I'm going on vacation for 3 weeks tomorrow morning!

Well I'll make it as soon as I can, what time zone are you? Maybe I can email it so you can view it offline?

SpaceY Report on the development of the Raptor 9 v2.0 | ONLY MEANT FOR @ZooNamedGames

Hello. I've decided to compile this report to determine how far we are in the development of this new vehicle.

Before and after the announcement we have been running simulations. The simulations seem good until stage separation. At separation, it appears that the interstage explosively scrape off the second stage 'Kiwi-D Vacuum' engine and it practically makes it impossible to reach orbit after that. We also did a water landing simulation, but we've had some complications with the guidance software and I'm sending the team to continue resolving some problems.

The data from the 100m test flight of R9R-Dev is still being gathered and implemented into the guidance software. We plan our first flight (KASS payload) in Q3 of this year.

- Elon Kerman, SpaceY CEO

8 minutes ago, Kerbiter said:

SpaceY Report on the development of the Raptor 9 v2.0 | ONLY MEANT FOR @ZooNamedGames

Hello. I've decided to compile this report to determine how far we are in the development of this new vehicle.

Before and after the announcement we have been running simulations. The simulations seem good until stage separation. At separation, it appears that the interstage explosively scrape off the second stage 'Kiwi-D Vacuum' engine and it practically makes it impossible to reach orbit after that. We also did a water landing simulation, but we've had some complications with the guidance software and I'm sending the team to continue resolving some problems.

The data from the 100m test flight of R9R-Dev is still being gathered and implemented into the guidance software. We plan our first flight (KASS payload) in Q3 of this year.

- Elon Kerman, SpaceY CEO

If need be, we can carry the payload into orbit and release it back onto your control.

3 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

If need be, we can carry the payload into orbit and release it back onto your control.

We can handle payload release for the missions on our manifest. If the payloads are somehow broken after reaching orbit, I'll trust you to have a crew repair them with your shuttle. I am certain any payload that fits in our new fairing can fit in your shuttle's payload bay.

39 minutes ago, Kerbiter said:

We can handle payload release for the missions on our manifest. If the payloads are somehow broken after reaching orbit, I'll trust you to have a crew repair them with your shuttle. I am certain any payload that fits in our new fairing can fit in your shuttle's payload bay.

Fair enough we can do that, and if a repair payload cannot fit we can establish a team to make it work.

Please let us know as soon as possible when a repair mission is required so we can prep as quickly as we can for it.

1 hour ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Fair enough we can do that, and if a repair payload cannot fit we can establish a team to make it work.

Please let us know as soon as possible when a repair mission is required so we can prep as quickly as we can for it.

Alright. Thank you.

Fictional companies, taking "jobs" for other people, fictional hurricanes delaying launches? However it started out, this thread has clearly turned into the kind of roleplaying we've had to ban from our forum due to the fights that it causes (2.2.j). You'll have to take the game to some site away from our forum, guys.