Mun/minmus station shuttle?

Basically i really want to have a craft that i can dock to my stations on orbit of minmus or the mun that can collect fuel and fly it into orbit and basically run back and forth like that, is there anyone that has made something similar to that?

Welcome to the forums. I highly suggest using the search feature, as well as browsing the tutorials subforum of this one.

If you're looking for pre-made crafts that you can just download and start using, then yes, it does exist. KerbalX is the biggest craft hosting site this community has, and its great. You'll find everything you could want from there. You can also browse this forum this forum.

I do it in 4 pieces. The station in orbit. A drill/ore ship. A rover with a convert-o-tron on it, a klaw, and a big fuel tank. And a very simple lander, with an even bigger fuel tank. The rover attaches to the drill, converts to fuel, drives over to the lander, fills it up. The lander flies up and docks with the station, then comes back down. Each of those ships is pretty trivially simple, since they only do one thing.

19 hours ago, nistrum said:

Basically i really want to have a craft that i can dock to my stations on orbit of minmus or the mun that can collect fuel and fly it into orbit and basically run back and forth like that, is there anyone that has made something similar to that?

Sure - and it's about the simplest thing you can design, since it'll never go near an atmosphere so you don't need to worry about aerodynamics and the TWR is vastly less of a consideration. Just pop a probe core with a docking port, a solar panel (probably), and some RCS  - probably a lot if it's a fuel tanker - on the tank of your choice and you're done.  Main consideration will be what engine you choose - obviously, a high vacuum ISP engine is best, but don't worry about the TWR too much - as long as it can accelerate/decelerate quickly enough to do the necessary rendezvous and docking manoeuvres you'll be okay.    If you want a truly massive tanker with the highest possible fraction of fuel capacity to weight, you could, in theory, have a very low TWR and use tugs based at the station to do the capture and docking, though this may be more trouble than it's worth.

Getting it into space, is an exercise for the OP - but note you can empty a fuel tank in the VAB if you don't need to carry it to space loaded.

Wemb

8 hours ago, Wemb said:

Getting it into space, is an exercise for the OP - but note you can empty a fuel tank in the VAB if you don't need to carry it to space loaded.

You can also, with a deft hand or a fuel pumping mod, launch it full but transfer its fuel out into the lifter on the way up. This can significantly lower the size of your lifter stage. I've had ships where the "lifter" was just some engines attached to small fuel tanks that the "payload" constantly filled during ascent.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.