[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

I'm having a similar issue to Orionguy above.  I have a unpiloted space station heading to Minmus and have all the 'RT-locks' active and dont know how to disable them.  Clearing input locks doesnt actual disable them.  This is the first time I've encountered this in a couple of weeks of playing, all other ships rotate fine. 

The ship has connection to KSC from multiple sources and and oodles of power available. 

Torque is working, as if I 'control from here' on a docking port the ship rotates.  It seems it wants to keep pointing at something, but its not prograde/retro, nor is it the node I have setup.

4 hours ago, syngen said:

Torque is working, as if I 'control from here' on a docking port the ship rotates.  It seems it wants to keep pointing at something, but its not prograde/retro, nor is it the node I have setup.

It kinda sounds like you're stuck on "Kill" mode, although normally you can stage while that is on as far as I know.

Kill seems to pick a direction to point rather than just suppressing rotation, so if you change control points "Kill rotation" will definitely swing your ship around wildly just like that.

The other common-to-me possibility is that you're queuing up a whole slew of inputs because you have the additional signal delay value set and you won't see a reaction for an hour or two.

I dont think it can be signal delay.  It's only Minmus, and is saying 0.1 seconds delay.  Plus other vessels I already have around minmus still control fine.

I've tried the solutions I know of, resetting input locks, F5 then F9, warping then stopping, switching away and back again. 

Is there any way to get myself unstuck from the Kill mode?  I'm on my last stage, so nothing else to drop.  Or do I have to go back and relaunch the mission. 

Is it a freak bug that happens once or twice a playthrough, or is it some item I have on the ship?

many thanks

Edited by syngen

Click the computer to (OFF) instead of (KILL) mode.

Also, click the (>>) button and see if there's a list of actions queued for the future.

There is an option to set an *additional* delay to your commands at the bottom right. 

For example, you can set a delay of 1 hour, and then command your science experiments to take readings.  Then, after your ship goes out of radio contact, it will execute those delayed commands and collect your science from the far side of Mun.

I've also used it a fair bit for cheap flights; on the launch pad, I set a delay of 2-3 minutes, and then hit stage to arm the chutes.  Then set delay to zero, turn on sas and stage to ignite the boosters.  The rest of the suborbital tourism flight is automated and I can go get a drink while the boosters are still burning and come back to the tourists on the grass waiting for recovery.

Or, on a satellite launch, the whip antenna can be queued to deploy after again about 2-3 minutes, so it can coast to AP while out of contact with the ground, and not rip off the antenna on the way up.

KSP_Signaldelay.png

ah, I dont actually have a flight computer installed on my ship.  Felt a little like cheating, so I've set myself up with radio contact everywhere, or an extra challenge to overcome if I do lose contact.   So its not the flight computer thats causing it to lock.  Must be a freak bug, I launched the same ship again, swapped vessels a few times on the journey to try to recreate the problem, but it went fine this time.

On 5/3/2023 at 4:26 AM, syngen said:

ah, I dont actually have a flight computer installed on my ship.  Felt a little like cheating, so I've set myself up with radio contact everywhere, or an extra challenge to overcome if I do lose contact.   So its not the flight computer thats causing it to lock.  Must be a freak bug, I launched the same ship again, swapped vessels a few times on the journey to try to recreate the problem, but it went fine this time.

How can you have a signal delay if you don't have a computer?

If the ship has a Kerbal on board, then it will be Local Control with zero delay.

If the ship doesn't have a Kerbal on board, then you surely have a probe core which is a flight computer.

If you have neither, then your 'ship' is debris, and of course you can't control it :D

Hi people.
I have a problem with mods: "Kerbalism" and "RemoteTech".
At the moment of data transfer of a scientific experiment, the connection is lost.
If the data is not transmitted over the radio channel, then the connection is working, the probe is controlled.

Game version: 1.12.5
Kerbalism 3.17 for KSP 1.8.x to 1.12.x
RemoteTech 1.9.12 Recompiled for KSP 1.12.1

Video example: 

I apologize if this has already been dealt with. I don't speak English. Google translate helps me out.

• 2 months later...

Reflectron DP-10 PAW says "Status: Connected" on the launch pad, but the craft is uncontrollable.  Any attempts to interact are met with a notification stating "no connection to send command on".  Top left GUI says no connection (stock commnet is disabled, i am referring to the RemoteTech HUD addon). There is my ksp.log, but my mods are many and massive, and it would most likely be a terrible pain to shift through. Here are a few details of my save:

KSP 1.12.5
Skyhawk Science System, Skyhawk Kerbalism, Bluedog Design Bureau, and KSRSS reborn are my main mods. KSRSS, Kerbalism, and SSS all claim support for Remote Tech, though Kerbalism warns when loading that problems may arise between it and RemoteTech.

If this is a known issue or personal error, would anyone know how to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I have a problem connecting to this probe using RemoteTech.

bWeNfx.png

As you can see :

• I have enough electricity 
  • The antenna is activated
  • The antenna is pointing Kerbin and the KSP is in sight
  • The antenna has more than enough range to connect to KSP
  • The KSP Tracking Station is upgraded to Level 3
  • All multipliers in the RemoteTech settings are set to 1

By all means, it should work. Do you have any suggestions on what to try to troubleshoot the problem?

Info:

• KSP version: 1.12.5.3190
  • RemoteTech version: v1.9.12 (compiled for KSP 1.12.1)
  • Windows 10 x64

Thanks

Edited by LastStarDust

On 8/6/2023 at 10:46 PM, LastStarDust said:

Hello!

I have a problem connecting to this probe using RemoteTech.

bWeNfx.png

As you can see :

• I have enough electricity 
  • The antenna is activated
  • The antenna is pointing Kerbin and the KSP is in sight
  • The antenna has more than enough range to connect to KSP
  • The KSP Tracking Station is upgraded to Level 3
  • All multipliers in the RemoteTech settings are set to 1

By all means, it should work. Do you have any suggestions on what to try to troubleshoot the problem?

Info:

• KSP version: 1.12.5.3190
  • RemoteTech version: v1.9.12 (compiled for KSP 1.12.1)
  • Windows 10 x64

Thanks

You always need several relay satellites, omnidirectional or directional, because the distance of  ground station is very limited

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2023 at 3:14 AM, Socowez said:

KSP 1.12.5
Skyhawk Science System, Skyhawk Kerbalism, Bluedog Design Bureau, and KSRSS reborn are my main mods. KSRSS, Kerbalism, and SSS all claim support for Remote Tech, though Kerbalism warns when loading that problems may arise between it and RemoteTech.

If this is a known issue or personal error, would anyone know how to fix it?

I have the same problem

On 8/14/2023 at 11:41 PM, DBthzz said:

You always need several relay satellites, omnidirectional or directional, because the distance of  ground station is very limited

I did not know that. With some relay satellites, the problem was fixed. Thank you for the advice.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone will even see this but would be super thankful to understand what I'm doing wrong here.

i have a satellite with two KR-14's in Kerbol orbit and a ship with a Communotron 88-88 headed for Dres. They are in range of each other, they have electricity. The satellite is also in range of Kerbin. I set the ship to have Direct Link to the satellite, and the satellite to have one KR-14 Direct Linked to Mission Control and the other KR-14 Direct Linked to the ship. So ... when I'm controlling the satellite (first image), I have a signal and also a green line to both Mission Control and the ship. Seems great! But...

RGOImgU.png

...when I then switch over to the ship (second image), I do NOT have a signal any more, and there's an orange line to the satellite. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong here? Thanks for any help!

TOv7p3A.png

P.S. Hiberation mode is not on on either craft. I have control (green connection) of the satellite but NO control (red connection) of the ship.

Edited by epaga
extra info

I might be wrong here, but if you have only two KR-14's on each satalite, then the satalite closest to earth can't relay to the second satalite because you have set it to ship only?

Try setting the satalite closest to earth to connect to the other satalite, then the other satalite to receive on one KR-14's, then the other to the controlled ship.

sat 1 closest to Kerbin

1 KR-14's mission control

2 KR-14's other satalite

sat2

1 KR-14's recieve from sat 1

2 KR-14's controlled ship

Edited by stk2008

• 2 months later...

Hi! I have an issue with deployable science. The connection exists and can be see. But the experiment control station says it has no Comm Signal.
I would be more than happy to fix this, just point me to the right direction. What is going on, why is it not working?

JOfSRme.png

• 1 month later...

Can someone please help.....I feel like the biggest NOOB, I have been at this for over 2 hours!!!!

new career and I cannot get a signal on the launch pad for first satellite launch. Top left corner shows NO CONNECTION.  I have followed the tutorials and nothing.

What am I missing.

Thanks in advance

Lw61VOG.png