Launch altimeter screen/window

Hi all - have a noob question - I have been searching the wiki page, ksp guide in the ksp game, and other sites and cannot find the answer.

On the launch window, the altimeter toolbar their are two lights - a triangle pointing down (top of the grey toolbar) and a circle (bottom of the grey tool bar).

What are they? (I copied an image from google) (In this image the triangle light is "ON")

Thanks!

Image result for ksp altimeter screen description

The circular light warns you if you are falling faster than 10 m/s. Slightly useful for airplanes.

The triangular light tells you many things in different colors. Whether you are in atmosphere, whether you are in space, whether you are landed, whether you can recover the vessel.

The triangular light actually indicates what sort of recoverable state you are in. If it's blue, you can return to the space center. If it's green, you can recover the vessel. If it's orange-ish, then you're usually close to being able to leave the vessel, but it might still be moving a bit. If it's unlit, then you can't leave (but might be able to revert).

8 hours ago, Blue5 said:

Do you know where this info is written down?

Many places on the forum. I actually can't remember off hand if it was added to KSPedia. Paging @TriggerAu

Meant to say "Many places on the forum, but nowhere in particular." Since the forum won't let me edit my post at the moment, have this auto-added-edit!

Cheers

8 hours ago, Claw said:

Many places on the forum. I actually can't remember off hand if it was added to KSPedia. Paging @TriggerAu

Meant to say "Many places on the forum, but nowhere in particular." Since the forum won't let me edit my post at the moment, have this auto-added-edit!

Cheers

I checked KSPedia before asking almost the same question and it wasn't there.

yeah its not in KSPedia cause we had trouble getting definitive answers, from memory the orange led is downwards at greater than 15m/s - which is sort of subjective some vessels can take tat, and some cant. I think Claw got al the values right for the triangle one at the start - its on my list of things Id like to sort out for the next bunch of KSPedia bits

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.