Turn off fairing 'opening' in the editor

I think it was mentioned that this was going to be in an upcoming patch.

Or possibly that Claw was going to put in an optional module to stock bugfixes... can't find the comment now.

I've also found that sufficiently large (as in 100m long maximum diameter mk3 fairings fairings)  could (at least back in re 1.1, I haven't tested 1.1 with this yet) lag, if not outright crash the game due to "too many heap sections." I suspect it was due to the sheer number of fairing panels moving

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

Yep, a way to lock the fairing in the editor would be very nice.  I would suggest making this a global feature that locks the effect on the entire craft, rather than something like a tweakable on the fairing itself.

Edited by Alshain

1 hour ago, Alshain said:

Yep, a way to lock the fairing in the editor would be very nice.  I would suggest making this a global feature that locks the effect on the entire craft, rather than something like a tweakable on the fairing itself.

I'd rather have it as a tweakable to enable/disable it quickly depending on my needs than having to get all the way through the options to toggle it (unless that is not what you meant).

4 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

I'd rather have it as a tweakable to enable/disable it quickly depending on my needs than having to get all the way through the options to toggle it (unless that is not what you meant).

Oh gosh no, what I mean is make it an editor tool, not a part tweak.  Like symmetry and angle snap, etc.

25 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Agreed.

+1

Would be nice to be able to set it to "wireframe" or transparent, or whatever, so that you can easily modify the underlying cargo. I like the "exploding" effect aesthetically, but would be great if you could turn it off. OMG so great.

Yes to options to toggle it on/off/transparent etc. to facilitate editing stuff inside easily.  I find having fairings 'explode' and reassemble when trying to adjust the cargo a bit awkward at times.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.