Imgur not working

Wildcat111

6 minutes ago, Wildcat111 said:

Where can I find the .png copy for Imgur images? Because I cant seem to find it

Hooray for updates fixing what isn't broken.

I had the same problem a little while ago posting my latest stuff.

I ended up having to go back to my general image dump to get direct links to the pictures, but in the gallery, they give you the link without the .png (or .jpg or whatever file type). If you copy their link to the image in the album, paste it and manually add the .png to the end and it should be fine. 

1 minute ago, Torgo said:

Hooray for updates fixing what isn't broken.

I had the same problem a little while ago posting my latest stuff.

I ended up having to go back to my general image dump to get direct links to the pictures, but in the gallery, they give you the link without the .png (or .jpg or whatever file type). If you copy their link to the image in the album, paste it and manually add the .png to the end and it should be fine. 

It doesnt work.

If you go to your-imgur-ID.imgur.com/all/, do you see all your images?

If so, click on any one of them. you should see this:

umxBAom.png

Use Direct Link and you can post your shots, just like I did this one. 

I might have missed something but the recent update to the Imgur website seems to have broken a number of features and made albums in particular, hard to work with.

It used to be possible to remove images from an album as a group, but now it's one deletion at a time.

The new rearranging images mechanism is horrible, only a few of the attempt I make at moving an image, results in the desired layout first time, due to the awkward way they move the image tiles around.

Even the uploading of images has become worse, due to their being no feedback that the upload has been initiated for 10-20 seconds for a group of images, leaving a user in the dark as to whether the upload has been started or not.

Then once you get an album together it doesn't render correctly here, with some horrible cropping to the current image and incomplete set of thumbnails... don't know if fixing that is something that requires a change to this website though.

Overall the changes smack of someone having to justify their existence by making this unnecessary "upgrade" to the site.

2 hours ago, purpleivan said:

Even the uploading of images has become worse, due to their being no feedback that the upload has been initiated for 10-20 seconds for a group of images, leaving a user in the dark as to whether the upload has been started or not.

Then once you get an album together it doesn't render correctly here, with some horrible cropping to the current image and incomplete set of thumbnails... don't know if fixing that is something that requires a change to this website though.

Overall the changes smack of someone having to justify their existence by making this unnecessary "upgrade" to the site.

You're lucky! I just sit there for a long time staring at the message "Preparing Uploader" and it's so annoying! The "upgrade" is terrible! It lags really bad and I can't even GET to the Upload screen to upload because it lags! I've done a bunch of stuff recently, but No Upload = No Chapter! GRRRRR...

I wonder if there is a way to downgrade imgur, because I hate the upgrade! And I'm still not able to upload...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.