LOOK AT THE HORROR

THE HORROR

oRizKB4.jpg

I was just playing on career mode. I had built a minmus ship and was just about to launch it when suddenly the forces of chaos intruded upon my session. To be fair, my career save was forged in times before the current version, possibly as far back as 1.0, but it was likely 1.1. I believe that inserting {}'s into the title of a craft has something to do with it.

REMOVE THIS HERESY AT ONCE!

The Developrahs protect!

Y̢̡̗̩̥̳̭̰̿̌̽̀̕͞Ờͨ̋͐̐̈̽ͦͪ̓̈́̆̔̃͑̋̚̚̕͏̯͔͈̗̩̫̫̹̟̳̝̲̟́̀ͅƯ̝͓̤̖͍͉̺̥̘͇̫̩͈͎̜͆ͧ͌̏͒̓̋̍́ͭͯͣ͋͊̓ͮ͌̀̎̀͟ ̭̖͈̩ͩͮ̐̅͑͂̀͗ͬ̌ͧͯͭͭ͋͊͐ͭ͟͢͠W̸̧̧̞̝͙̪̠̠̬̭̤̩̬̪̹̙̃̒̐̿̂͛̌̽ͫ͋͊̌͘͡I̴͕̪̩̜̖͛ͭ͊ͭ̾ͦ͜L̡̧̘̜͔̋ͤ̍̀̾̾ͫ̆ͦ̋̀͢͠L̤͚̰̘̘͓͙̣͈̯͊̃̊ͩ̿̉ͤͫ̀͘͠ ̷̣̹̱̹̘̞̬̻̰͕̺̘͂̓͊͆̇̓̊̎̈ͦ͜ͅN̨̧̜̭̲̗̬̠̹̫̭̭͈͉ͦ͊͑͛̇̀͊͋͒̒̆̏ͯ̔ͧ̔ͩ̍̋O̴͖͕͎̳ͤͦ̑̅ͯ͐ͬͬ̅͋͂͑́͝T̵̡̨̟͍̝͖̝ͦ͂̓̃̈ͮ̄̓͘͟ͅ ̾ͭͮ̈́̒̕͡҉͎͓̜̟͕̜E̷͊̑ͥ̏ͯͯͩͥ̑ͤ̋͗͢҉̫̲͕̥͕̲͔͔͚̖̠̯̫S͈͙̤̼͓͎̝͇̿̋̾̈́̄̑ͭ̎̋̒̅ͫ͆̃̒ͩ̈̾̽͘C̶̱̤̪͉̟̣̮̤̭̘̜̮͓̖̰̻̟̱̑͐ͧ̊̿̓ͣͦ͡Ą̶͕͈̞̬̝̳͓͎̜̘̰ͯ͆͆̒ͥ̉P̨̧̗͓̼͖͈̟͕̰̮̗̜͍͙ͫ̅̂̀̚Eͤ̂̑̋ͤ̀̾͂̂͐̔̚҉̬̬̦̪̺̬͇̦̬̮̼̫͇̦̀͠ ̢͙̹͖̼̦̱̳͎͙̈́̾̃͊̓̑̋ͩͨ͆̋̊̿ͮ̃̋̑͒T̢̪̬͙̟̭̊ͫ̅͆͆ͯ̒̂̀̌̅̄ͭ̊͝H̸̡̼̠̖̘̰̝̬̰ͩ͆̔͌̌̏̅ͣ̀̋ͧ̉̒̂͂̐́E̸̴̛̤̻͉͔̤̩̳͍̻̫͈̭̒̐̏̽͒ͯ͂͌̇ͭ̄͒̆̈́̏̅̽͆͠ ̗̰̟̖̯͙̭̙̩̱͉͙̜͙͙̇̉̉͞͡ͅP̧̰̜̝͉͙̗̥͚͉̯̦̠̼̮͕̗̳̓̈ͫ͂͑͛̿̋̽͑͗ͪ̽ͫ́̆͋̚͢͟Oͫ͆ͧͭ̌̎ͨͮͮͥ̇̚̚͞͏̤̹̤̟̟̪̲̮̰̹͍͚̗̯̹̰̞̱͜Ẅ́̈̆͑̿̿̾̈́ͣ̇̂̕҉̣̺̜͉̱̭̠̣̹̯͚̻Ȩ̐̓̌̀̽̆́̄ͣ̅ͬ҉̝̗̫̻͡R̸̛̘̼̙̙̫̦̙̩̙͈̰͖͖̼ͭͫͯ͛ͨ̔͌̄̂̇̇́ͦ͆̀ ̢̢̽̈́ͨͪ̿̕͞͏̣̮͙̥͉̬̝̮̗̝̭̖͓̟̻O̧͖̥̫̘̖̪̺͐̑ͮͯ̑͐ͫͪ̊̆̒F̤̱͓̞͍̰͉̲̱̳͔͖͙̈́̑̔̏͐̄̉̃̈̇ͪ̉̍̾ͤ̀͘͢ ̸̸̧̺͕̺̞ͫ̍̈ͣ͐̈́̒͛̚̚͡͝ͅT̨̼͚̬͖̙̙͍̬̗̮͙͇̮̜̳͚̳̯͑͒̂̆̽ͯ̃̑͟Ḩ̂̎ͭͫ͆̐͊̂ͫ̈́҉̝͖͈͉͖͎̼̘͍̗̥ͅḚ̷̴͖̲̼̟͊́ͮ̎̾ͤ̎ͩͭ̀͢ ̸̛͕̹̺̤̦̫̙͚͇̞͖̟͉̭̭̟̣̫̑̓̀ͭ͊̎ͬ̀͝͝A̶̸̰̻̹͓̺͛̍ͨ̆ͭͦ͆̎͑ͥ͒̋͂̀͜ͅL̨͍͓̘̬̻̗̭ͯ̓͌͂͘̕͘̕M̴̸̠̝̝͕̱͇̜͇͔̝̯͈͖̝̝̮̤̯̙͒ͩ̆ͩ͗ͯ̃́̚Ị̧̡̫̙̭͉͓̩͎̍ͭ̌̑͐ͦ̓̏͋ͥ̑̑͛͆̐̌̓ͅĢ̵̱̯̟̮̲͓̮̓̿̿͑̃̂ͬ̓͛̊ͫ͒̔ͫͥͬ͟͜͡H̡̡̳̤͔͍̳̬̫̭͈̩̥̼̗̗̜̟̅̒͆̅ͫ͋͜T̘̞̩̺̝̳̬̲ͯͪͤ̊̀ͯ̂ͫͤ̆̍̋̃͌͋́͞Y̭̻̝͙̦̱̱͙̹͍̹̺̻̺̟̪͒͌̅̊̈́̃̀̌̀́͢͜͟ ̴̡̧̝͔͖̩̥̞͔̞͖̮͎̞͔̹̤̪̇ͫ͑͛̕Ḱ̡̦̠̩̻̯̜͆̏ͣ̓̇ͨͫ̆̆̉̔̽̚͟R̷͔̦̭̪̦̠̳͎̤ͬ̽͗̏ͭ̚͘͜͞͠ͅĄ̵̲̬͖͚̖͎͈̩̻̥̬̒̽ͦ̎ͦ̋̈ͨ̉̚͝K̵̬͉̼̙̠̽͛̑̔ͣ́̃ͦ͆͐̍̆ͮ̂͘͟E̵̢͚̰͕̘̟͕͕̩͎͗ͩͤ̉͌̀͒̈́̋̂̄̈́̎͂͊ͦ̓̇͊N̷̨̢̯̫̦͖̦͍̟͈̝̭͎̜̤͍͔̗̮̠ͥͪ́ͤ̃̍ͧ̇ͩ͗͆͒̽̀͊̽͜ 

I͈̪̰͙̣͚̟͖̙̯̠̩̗̘͕̪̼̿̅ͣͤͯ͌́̓͐̐̉ͧ̌̌ͧ̚͘͠Ț̵̮̰͈͍͕̰̙͉̱̖̜͎̭̳̹͒ͬ͛̅͐ͯ̾̉̊ͨ̎̀ͤͧ͘͟͞'̶̦̼̻̲͆̾ͪ̈̐ͭ̽̏̕͝͠S̡̨̱̞̥̦̖͔͚̰̳̟̝̋͛ͯ̅̋ͦͯ͆̑̎͆̀ͅͅ ̡̛̹̣̬̞̬̞̳̞̺̘̖̘͔͍̪͎͚̇͗͌̇̌Hͯ̆ͧ͒̅̎͛͜͢҉̙͖͍͓̯̩̼̘͈̟̮̯͈̰̹̖̦̟Ã̴̦̻̠̱͍̹͚̩͍͕̣̹͖͚̑̏̀̈̉̆̿̃̏ͩ̌ͩ̉͐ͥ̌̈́̊̕P̢͋͗̂͛̒̀ͤ̓ͤ̇ͦ̍͌ͦ͆̽͌͞͝͏̻͕̟̠̭̜͔̖͎P̼̖̱̣͖̫̘̪ͥͣ̉̔ͣ̒̄̊ͧͮͭͧ̾̅̑͛̓̓̕͟Ė̇͐̍̓͢҉̴̛͏̗̟͇̥̻̪̮͎̟̬̤͙̲͎̖̜̭̗͕N̄́̇̐ͥͭ̾̂̋̏͐̃ͫͯ͛ͥ̿҉̷҉͇̫̟̩̝̱̝͈̺̗̳̦Ỉ̊͊̿̄ͮ͆ͤ̽ͫͣ̓̄ͣ̒́̚҉̨͇̪̙͚̞͍͉̲͙̝N̉͗̆ͦͤͦ̂̇̿̽̃̾̑ͯ̄͊̇͏̴̨̟͉̦͕̖͙̯͖͓͔̤̲͇̙͚̗̫̺G͈̘̠̼̀̐ͣ̾̚͜͠.̌̒̐̽̈͏̠̜̥͍̬̘͎̦͉͈̳̕ͅ

7drHiqr.gif

Edited by Guest

Hey, someone else managed to turn a planet into a black hole! I did that a few days ago to the planet 99d from Kumar's Dwarf Stars, and I also managed to transcend Jeb into an abominated thing of graphics over 1,000 kilometers wide. But that's another story...

Also I don't know how to fix that. If it happened to a stock planet, then your game is broken. If it happened to a modded planet, you just need to retexture it with something besides a Space Engine texture.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 3:25 PM, DaElite101 said:

It appears the Hell Kraken has paid a visit to you.

No, the hell kraken is when all your UI readouts read 66666666666...

Anyway as to the OP; it's likely not the use of the {} in your craft name. It's likely some physics calculations bug. What I suggest is getting the save to revert and then launch some other more basic (known to work) crafts and come back to it then. Maybe recover whatever is in your save.

Well, I learned one sure way to call this Kraken: Manually editing part id's in .sfs file, make a mistake and during loading you will get ArgumentOutOfRangeException (incorrect part id) and NullReferenceException (part not found, because id is wrong) in logs.

FVbptVH.png

Deleting offending craft should fix it, as error is contained in VESSEL section. And you might want to check "activeVessel" in FLIGHTSTATE section, just to be safe from nulls.

Edited by PT

2 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Hey, someone else managed to turn a planet into a black hole! I did that a few days ago to the planet 99d from Kumar's Dwarf Stars, and I also managed to transcend Jeb into an abominated thing of graphics over 1,000 kilometers wide. But that's another story...

Also I don't know how to fix that. If it happened to a stock planet, then your game is broken. If it happened to a modded planet, you just need to retexture it with something besides a Space Engine texture.

It's not modded, i deleted my KSP and reinstalled so that save is nonexistent, and the only thing i did was literally just try to launch a ship.

1 hour ago, ZooNamedGames said:

No, the hell kraken is when all your UI readouts read 66666666666...

Anyway as to the OP; it's likely not the use of the {} in your craft name. It's likely some physics calculations bug. What I suggest is getting the save to revert and then launch some other more basic (known to work) crafts and come back to it then. Maybe recover whatever is in your save.

Save destroyed. No saving it.

47 minutes ago, PT said:

Well, I learned one sure way to call this Kraken: Manually editing part id's in .sfs file, make a mistake and during loading you will get ArgumentOutOfRangeException (incorrect part id) and NullReferenceException (part not found, because id is wrong) in logs.

FVbptVH.png

Deleting offending craft should fix it, as error is contained in VESSEL section. And you might want to check "activeVessel" in FLIGHTSTATE section, just to be safe from nulls.

The KSC is still there, along with your ship. Clearly you didn't replicate it correctly.

Heresy????? OMG!!!!!! NOOOO!!!!!

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!!!!!!

I've never had this happen to me before, I feel for you, and I'm now scared this will happen to me now.

What the hell did you do to offend the Squad Gods?

We cannot burn you at the stake, but for your sake, I hope the dogs get you quickly.... :)

Seriously.... I hope this is a very very random bug... :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.