Show me your KER HUD layout

SkyKaptn

37 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

Never thought of that one since it is displayed in stock. Installed that asap since stock always shows N/A or something completely wrong.

KER does good math.  It will even tell you when to start your burn, which is more than just 1/2 the burn time before the node.  It takes into account the mass of the spent fuel as well.

Mine looks almost just like @regex but I split the staging off into it's own group on the other side.

EDIT: Well I guess I do have a few more items, I like to see the "Time To AN/DN" at a glance as well and I have Impact Biome which doesn't show here.

e3iDZnp.png

Edited by Alshain

2 hours ago, Psycho_zs said:

Low on screen real estate

You might want to change the font size. There is even a HUD button for that under misc tab. (aswell as settings in KER. I think you must be in VAB/SPH for the latter)

-Stole your suicide burn btw :)

E2Jenbq.jpg

Screenshot taken a while ago, not specifically for this purpose, so quite a few unrelated stuff but idea is there. Maneuver info entries aren't shown here but it's supposed to be in the panel right of the altimeter.

I'm pretty proud of this layout and every single info is needed for me to fly a ship, and I already have a habit of looking a specific area of my monitor when looking for any information :-(

Top-left is orbital details.  Top-right is ship details.  Bottom-left, and always with the nav ball, is surface/touchdown details.

I also have a rendezvous HUD (not seen) that's set at the right-mid edge which I use for the rare satellite positioning (angle, relative inclination, period).

fggTuZs.png

Fun topic.

Edited by Trann

Left to Right top row: DeltaV info / Orbit / Default Altimeter / Situation info / Vessel targeting & switching. Below the Altimeter I switch between a rendezvous HUD and a landing HUD.

OpDtzni.png

Edited by tjt

I keep mine pretty slimmed down and close to the default.

Cute little baby rocket

My most notable addition is "Situation" under "Biome", to help know when to run science experiments, and I added the "Critical Thermal Percentage" HUD in the middle because my shuttle is thermally limited on ascent and sometimes re-entry too. I sometimes add a few more parameters to the orbital section too. But if I want more detailed info, such as burn time for manoeuvres or radar altitude for landings, I use the KER window.

3 minutes ago, cantab said:

I keep mine pretty slimmed down and close to the default. <SNIP>

My most notable addition is "Situation" under "Biome", to help know when to run science experiments, and I added the "Critical Thermal Percentage" HUD in the middle because my shuttle is thermally limited on ascent and sometimes re-entry too. I sometimes add a few more parameters to the orbital section too. But if I want more detailed info, such as burn time for manoeuvres or radar altitude for landings, I use the KER window.

Interesting that you and I made most of the same choices for the center HUDs (same order and everything). I don't use Mach number because I almost exclusively fly rockets. Also agree that the Situation readout is so useful for science collection

Edited by tjt

On 29.09.2016 at 3:52 AM, Alshain said:

KER does good math.  It will even tell you when to start your burn, which is more than just 1/2 the burn time before the node.  It takes into account the mass of the spent fuel as well.

It's even better - it takes necessary staging into account.

Say, you're in LKO with 200m/s remaining in a Twin Boar left over from launch; the rest of the 900m/s burn will need to come out of an LV-N on the transfer stage. Start your burn about a second early, because it doesn't include the time between the Boar switching off, staging and starting the Nuke. But the rest of calculation is correct.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.