where do we post bug reports? for 1.2.2???

joebopie

Instructions on bug reporting are to be found in the Gameplay and Technical Support section of this forum. There are several sub-sections - one for people who install mods (Technical Support, PC Modded), one for those who don't (Technical Support, PC Unmodded), and a third for consoles. Go to the right one! Then scroll down to below the Explore Questions boxes and read the thread marked!!! please read before posting !!!

Depends. If you just wish to poodle and moan, or request some feature, you can use the forums. If you wish to report a bug as the industry does it, you need to report it at http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/projects/ksp but you need an account.

Tips: Report the issue, inclide the steps to reproduce and also mention what the normal behavior should be.

Programmers aren't always hard core gamers and will need as much info as possible.

Screenshots are recommended.

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:38 PM, softweir said:

Instructions on bug reporting are to be found in the Gameplay and Technical Support section of this forum. There are several sub-sections - one for people who install mods (Technical Support, PC Modded), one for those who don't (Technical Support, PC Unmodded), and a third for consoles. Go to the right one! Then scroll down to below the Explore Questions boxes and read the thread marked!!! please read before posting !!!

like i said I did look for it and there is no BUG report section is there. its under technical support.... witch in every other place means help to get it working. not for submitting bug reports. Neither is there a list of "known bugs" its called Explore Questions. why make it hard for people? so you ---  !!! please read before posting !!!

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:32 AM, mystik said:

Depends. If you just wish to poodle and moan, or request some feature, you can use the forums. If you wish to report a bug as the industry does it, you need to report it at http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/projects/ksp but you need an account.

Tips: Report the issue, inclide the steps to reproduce and also mention what the normal behavior should be.

Programmers aren't always hard core gamers and will need as much info as possible.

Screenshots are recommended.

thanks, but so really there is no proper bug tracker for us regular folk. I thought squad was better than that.(I really did)

18 minutes ago, joebopie said:

thanks, but so really there is no proper bug tracker for us regular folk. I thought squad was better than that.(I really did)

the link that mystik gave you is the public bugtracker. I'm not really sure what you mean by "for us regular folk", all mystik said was "provide enough details to reproduce" which is good advice for anything really... difficult to fix what you can't see.

32 minutes ago, joebopie said:

every other place means help to get it working. not for submitting bug reports

Because it's really likely that what you found has already been found by someone else a while ago. So it never hurts just to ask it in the support forum. People will tell you if it's some known problem. If no one replies, then post it to bug tracker as a new bug. It won't speed up fixing the bug by creating multiple duplicate bug reports.

32 minutes ago, joebopie said:

Neither is there a list of "known bugs" its called Explore Questions. why make it hard for people?

Because it's exponentially harder to maintain that list precisely and up-to-date. The same work can be well devoted to fixing the bugs themselves instead of letting people know precisely what's known to fix.

46 minutes ago, FancyMouse said:

Because it's really likely that what you found has already been found by someone else a while ago. So it never hurts just to ask it in the support forum. People will tell you if it's some known problem. If no one replies, then post it to bug tracker as a new bug. It won't speed up fixing the bug by creating multiple duplicate bug reports.

You can also search the bug tracker to see if your bug is there, and then instead of reporting it new just update the current report with your logs and screenshots if they'll add useful data.

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:13 AM, 5thHorseman said:

You can also search the bug tracker to see if your bug is there, and then instead of reporting it new just update the current report with your logs and screenshots if they'll add useful data.

you mean this page? http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/projects/ksp.

if so thats fair enough if i knew that it existed, i do now but i had to ask to find out it existed.

and yes i did search for a while.

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:25 AM, FancyMouse said:

Because it's exponentially harder to maintain that list precisely and up-to-date. The same work can be well devoted to fixing the bugs themselves instead of letting people know precisely what's known to fix.

I meant making it hard for us because its called something different than what it is on pretty much every other game site.

It could still be called ( or labelled as) a bug tracker, as that is what it pretty much is.

thanks for the replies

Edited by joebopie
Due to a sever lack of punctuation....

13 hours ago, joebopie said:

you mean this page? http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/projects/ksp.

if so thats fair enough if i knew that it existed, i do now but i had to ask to find out it existed.

and yes i did search for a while.

In fairness to Squad, it's listed in the "read this first" post on the technical support forum.

In fairness to you, it's buried and not suggested as the main place to go.

In fairness to Squad, that's so they don't get thousands of garbage bug reports.

It's not quotable, so here's a copy/paste:

KSP Bug Tracker (If you managed to read this far.)

You can find the KSP Bug Tracker here. Please make sure you post your bug report to the forums FIRST. This will help fill in some details and ensure it isn’t a duplicate. Poorly constructed, duplicate, or angry bug reports in the KSP Bug Tracker only serve to side track and slow down fixing of the bugs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.