How to post Downloadable ships?

You don't post it on the forum, you upload it to a host and link to it on the forum.

The most reasonable host for this is KerbalX, as it's for ships. They even have a mod you can install to make it easier.

I can't speak much more on it, I don't personally get into the whole ship sharing aspect of the game.

Alternately, another quickie method is to understand that craft files are just text files. So you can copy them to your clipboard and then paste them to someplace like pastebin.com.

To find the craft file, you look in the "saves" subdirectory, below the name of your game/Ships, in the VAB or SPH subdirectories.

Another thing to understand is that if your game is modded, then it's unlikely that most people will be able to load/view your ship after they download it.

• 3 months later...
43 minutes ago, ccoel said:

Yes. I need to know this too.

Tte answers stand above...

5thHorseman for moded versions

Bewings as all around solution.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

PS: or give me a PM for spezial question maybe?

Edited by Urses

1.Locate the .craft file. By default it will be .../Kerbal Space Program/saves/[save_game_name]/ships/VAB/[ship_name].craft  or .../Kerbal Space Program/saves/[save_game_name]/ships/VAB/[ship_name].craft where [] denote player chosen names for game or ship

2. Upload it to a file sharing service. Being designed to exactly this KerbalX offer some advantages over a generic file sharing service but its up to your choice.

3. Post the download link in the forum. If your intention its just share a craft that you find interesting the proper place is Spacecraft-Exchange Also some challenges requires a craft file as part of the report, even if not require may be a sign of good will when some specifics of the design is particularly relevant.

4 Improve the process with the use of tools and adoption of good practices. There is several mods out there to help you design, organize and share your creations. Including images, description, flight procedures and other consideration help to increase the interest (and, also important, avoid people not interested wasting time with the craft. No one want a hater.)

5. Go back to 1 

I use google to save my craft files.

1. log into google

2. go to Google Drive

3. click "NEW"

4. upload kerbal space ship (or whatevs)

5. click 'get shareable link'

6. post that link here if you want people to download it

REMEMBER: NO PICS NO CLICKS

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.