dboi88

Coyote Space Industries - Dboi's Dev Thread

346 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Sevgenko said:

GOOOOD MORNENG!

MY SHIP JUST EXPLODED! 48 KERBALS ARE LOST IN SPACE.... RED ALLERT!!!

that patch man.... cool  "defense system"? Nothing more happend.

 

Dude... sending you the gamedata folder makes no sense.... the only stuff that you will see is yours!

(that was a scary simulation... good thing the karbals are still here)

I couldn't replicate the issue at all on a clean install so the next step before I look into it any further is always a request for the GameData folder, so it does make sense, it takes a few seconds to do so when you are looking for support and someone asks the polite thing to do is just provide it, it makes the process that much easier. However, that being said I did manage to replicate the black windows on a different install, but just copying my exact GameData folder to a clean install fixed the issue. I'm pretty sure at this point the BlackWindows is a KSP bug, the shader i use is little used.

In regards to the rest of the post, i'm not sure what you are telling me.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Nothing... nothing.... xD

 

Thanks for the help. that isn't a problem for me.... but don't worry, if i zoom in the windows i can still see you beautifull animations.

Edited by Sevgenko
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't seem to use the workshop module.  I put one on a mun base because I don't like the look of the default epl workshop, but the UI says "locked" and there is no option to convert my metal into rocketparts.  It is fully stocked with engineers.  The only USI mod I am using is USI Core.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CheckYoStaging said:

I can't seem to use the workshop module.  I put one on a mun base because I don't like the look of the default epl workshop, but the UI says "locked" and there is no option to convert my metal into rocketparts.  It is fully stocked with engineers.  The only USI mod I am using is USI Core.

Cheers for the report, I've taken a look and it seems i only added in the Productivity Modules and not the actual converter (slaps head)

Here's a hotfix, just download this file and replace it with the same file in the mod folder, i'll include the fix in the next release

https://github.com/dboi88/CSI-Cargo-Freighter/blob/master/FOR_RELEASE/GameData/CoyoteSpaceIndustries/Freighter/EPL.cfg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dboi88 said:

Cheers for the report, I've taken a look and it seems i only added in the Productivity Modules and not the actual converter (slaps head)

Here's a hotfix, just download this file and replace it with the same file in the mod folder, i'll include the fix in the next release

https://github.com/dboi88/CSI-Cargo-Freighter/blob/master/FOR_RELEASE/GameData/CoyoteSpaceIndustries/Freighter/EPL.cfg

Thank you so much!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IRyva4e.jpg

I've been working on incorporating docking connectors into the rear truss and the 5m Kontainers, i'm quite happy with the results, with Hanger support added in the last release you can now carry a tug with you and then undock and deliver the Kontainers at your location. You can even re-dock empty Kontainers to take back on the return trip. Once I've finished with some appropriately sized docking connectors to use on the tug side i'll get a new release out.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some progress on a new docking connector for the Kontainers 

BEDTLNn.png

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the 3.75m version, i'm going to put two nodes on there with a dynamic mesh so you can also mount a on a 2.5m stack.

8MbuGrO.png

plAn3RD.jpg

I've also been trying some new painting techniques to create chipped/scratched and worn paint (the blue paint on the struts), I quite like the effect. The rest it just block colours with an AO bake at this stage in the process, lots more detailing to go.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final progress shot before i have to go back to real work. gSdDANK.png

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2017 at 3:09 AM, dboi88 said:

This is the current issue with the 'Hanger' support It calculates everything correctly but then won't let me load anything no matter the size into the bay.

YRU0CRy.png

@dboi88This is a similar issue to what @SpannerMonkey(smce)had with using the Hangar mod with LBP. We eventually got it to kind of work, but it takes a lot of trial and error with moving the spawn point and spawn orientation and junk like that IIRC. (For instance, trying to load a 6m tall aircraft in an area that said it should fit 11m but it was spawning high and wouldn't let it load.) I'm sure if you guys got in contact with each other you could get it figured out if you haven't already. As I am lazy and don't often read full threads, you might have by now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

@dboi88This is a similar issue to what @SpannerMonkey(smce)had with using the Hangar mod with LBP. We eventually got it to kind of work, but it takes a lot of trial and error with moving the spawn point and spawn orientation and junk like that IIRC. (For instance, trying to load a 6m tall aircraft in an area that said it should fit 11m but it was spawning high and wouldn't let it load.) I'm sure if you guys got in contact with each other you could get it figured out if you haven't already. As I am lazy and don't often read full threads, you might have by now!

Yeah it's all worked out now, it was included in the last few releases, for me i had actually set it up slightly wrong and had used a a box collider in place of the hanger space mesh.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Awesome mod! I decided to start a sandbox game to get a feel for the craft as I haven't quite unlocked all of the parts in career mode yet and I'm utterly amazed that I can launch the damn thing from Kerbin.

What I haven't quite figured out yet is how to refuel the ship. I can obviously have a few cargo containers configured for Karbonite, but when it comes to Karborundum, the ship hull seems to be the only item that stores it. I looked at configuring the USI containers (which is how I got to Karbonite), but there was no Karborundum option. Hopefully it's simply a matter of missing a particular mod (I have Karbonite and Karbonite+).

When I get home, I'll check things out in my sandbox game just to rule out whether or not the problem is caused by not having unlocked the right module.

/edit: I'm using Interstellar Fuel Switch and Configurable Containers if it matters.

Edited by pheenix99
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pheenix99 said:

Awesome mod! I decided to start a sandbox game to get a feel for the craft as I haven't quite unlocked all of the parts in career mode yet and I'm utterly amazed that I can launch the damn thing from Kerbin.

That's a bug :D I've forgot to fix the atmosphere thrust after doing some part testing. As the engine is so powerful i wanted to be nearly useless in atmosphere to try and balance it. This will likely be fixed in the next release.

6 minutes ago, pheenix99 said:

What I haven't quite figured out yet is how to refuel the ship. I can obviously have a few cargo containers configured for Karbonite, but when it comes to Karborundum, the ship hull seems to be the only item that stores it. I looked at configuring the USI containers (which is how I got to Karbonite), but there was no Karborundum option. Hopefully it's simply a matter of missing a particular mod (I have Karbonite and Karbonite+)

The Kontainers are all provided by USI Core, you can store Karborundum in the Kontainer Tank - Clusters I don't think any of the other form factors provide storage for Karborundum.

These ones cluster.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, dboi88 said:

That's a bug :D I've forgot to fix the atmosphere thrust after doing some part testing. As the engine is so powerful i wanted to be nearly useless in atmosphere to try and balance it. This will likely be fixed in the next release.

The Kontainers are all provided by USI Core, you can store Karborundum in the Kontainer Tank - Clusters I don't think any of the other form factors provide storage for Karborundum.

These ones cluster.png

Thanks. Perhaps searching by resource use only picks up on default resources (ie: If that tank stores monoprop by default, it would only show up if I searched by that resource). 

Also, what is your preferred method for suggestions regarding features for future releases? Here, via PM, etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, pheenix99 said:

Thanks. Perhaps searching by resource use only picks up on default resources (ie: If that tank stores monoprop by default, it would only show up if I searched by that resource). 

Also, what is your preferred method for suggestions regarding features for future releases? Here, via PM, etc?

I think you're right about the search.

Best thing to do us add any requests/suggestions as issues on github. This allows organised discussion and I can plug the issues directly into my road map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, dboi88 said:

I think you're right about the search.

Best thing to do us add any requests/suggestions as issues on github. This allows organised discussion and I can plug the issues directly into my road map.

I just remembered that my main request can easily be tweaked in Notepad (science/data capacity in the lab). I just looked at the cfg file (yay DropBox) and realized that there was an extra zero that I was too tired to notice last night. 

Hmmmm....if I remember correctly, there's an atmospheric Karborundum collector, maybe I'll slap a few of those on the hull :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a lot of help on the coding side I've manged to get animated docking ports working, a little proof of concept below.

http://i.imgur.com/BEFjqFT.gif

 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ok, so I've been a little quiet for a while because I've been trying to find a working system to allow the Kontainers to be docked to the rear truss(and learn C#). Unfortunately the USI-Tools weight balancing feature seems to be suffering a stock bug, and really isn't designed to deal with docking ports(it was never designed to be used this way at all). So, I've wrote a new weight balancing part module from scratch. It deals perfectly with docking ports and so far during testing the latest version is working perfectly and removes ALL of the bugs with the old system. 

U8QV6OT.gif

I'll be polishing off the docking port model, textures and configs and i'll be ready for a 0.3.0 release for the new features with my first plugin :D 

Edited by dboi88
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I managed to remove the remaining issues with the animated docking port module last night as well as compiling everything to be 1.3 compatible, doing some last polishing and should be able to get the new release out later tonight :D . I can also confirm the crew transfer issue is also resolved, you can now transfer crew between all parts using the stock crew transfer functions, god that one was annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided i wanted more features, so i'm still working on the plugin, here's a teaser

gKRwnbT.gif

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2017 at 9:43 AM, dboi88 said:

I think you're right about the search.

Best thing to do us add any requests/suggestions as issues on github. This allows organised discussion and I can plug the issues directly into my road map.

I whipped up a configuration where instead of cargo containers, it was alternating karborundum and karbonite storage....holy balls karborundum is expensive. Maybe I'll have a constellation of collectors and a logistics module on the Coyote.....

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now