Getting More KSP Stock parts

4 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

It doesn't matter whom he's talking to. You were apparently talking to a Brit/Aussie/etc, so by that logic you should have stuck the U in there.

What matters is what the mod creator calls it, and the mod creator spells it "Armory". So you're right for the wrong reasons.

#1) Why wouldn't people be able to get these mods?

#2) Electric propulsion is super easy to mod into the game. I did this with just text editing:

Reveal hidden contents

uY2JEIu.png

4G8GOSq.png

pgLNwOx.png

Sure, it looks like a ducted fan, not a propeller, but the gameplay effect is the same.

As many have pointed out... significant breaks from realism are acceptable in games. So if the break is only "at some degree", I think we can safely overlook it.

No internet connection at home

3 hours ago, eddiew said:

I honestly think the day KSP gets stock weapons would be the day I stop playing.

There are hundreds of games with space ships and guns. There's a reason I choose to play this one over all of them :)

Okay, but the reason I play this game is the attention to real physical properties and challenges a beginning space agency has but also if people want to build along the lines of unarmed recon and have BDA they still have no protection against high Gs or armor against hard landings. And if they have a heavy cargo plane the size of a B-52 the runway is not long enough do to the fact that heavier planes need more runway to take off from and if they multiple mods installed they might not have enough space for the game to load which has plagued people from the beginning.

52 minutes ago, Sgt Doomball said:

Okay, but the reason I play this game is the attention to real physical properties and challenges a beginning space agency has but also if people want to build along the lines of unarmed recon and have BDA they still have no protection against high Gs or armor against hard landings. And if they have a heavy cargo plane the size of a B-52 the runway is not long enough do to the fact that heavier planes need more runway to take off from and if they multiple mods installed they might not have enough space for the game to load which has plagued people from the beginning.

Making these parts stock will not result in less memory usage vs having them as stock... It's not being a mod that does it, it's the additional meshes and textures. Making it stock would mean that people who don't want these parts would have to use less mods.

If you're making stock planes to scale with a B-52, it's probably wise to consider 3.2x with building scaling to get a ~8km runway, and you can disable G force and impact damage if you so choose :)  But that's probably not the point, it's not in the spirit of KSP to have weapons. We've got a game about space exploration using tech from the 70s-90s. Stretching it to do military simulations is definitely the domain of mods.

3 hours ago, Sgt Doomball said:

I ain't no hillbilly

Double negative :sticktongue::D

3 hours ago, sal_vager said:

Gentlemen, let's not degenerate to name calling, guns can be fun, especially big guns :)

Didn't mean to name-call, just a bit of friendly banter and the poignant/pugnacious word. :) Like Kerbalkind, we're all friends here, right? :/

On 2/14/2017 at 10:00 AM, Alshain said:

Weapons will never happen.  This isn't a war game.

Pretty sure the OP didn't mention 'weapons' at all... I think his thought is very real though. The game is lacking competition... such as, Sputnik, or the race to the Moon.. Competing governments is the ideal context for this. It can be for prestige or flat out bragging rights.. doesn't have to involve weapons. How about sending up spy satellites with cameras (better the higher up the tech-tree) to get an idea of what they are working on next. Maybe partnering with other gov'ts to develop newer tech before rivals do. Maybe some gov'ts are better in some areas, and lacking in others. And even missions to kinetically take out rival satellites after you have tracked and discovered them.

There is so much depth and FUN that Squad is flat out ignoring. 'but, but, mods....' yeah mods that are mostly not optimized, cause memory leaks or a million other game-breaking issues. Contracts are still pointless and illogical. You have 2 choices right now, Sandbox where we can be little kids and make-believe or a jagged, incoherent, leap-frogging career that takes you from 'our first launch' to 'let's get ore from Eve' in just 4 or 5 contracts.

Is an in-depth, well thought out competitive mode, or career overhaul, too much to ask? Or do we really need KSP in 125 languages right now?

3 hours ago, Nuclear_Pixel said:

Pretty sure the OP didn't mention 'weapons' at all...

Actually the OP edited his original post to remove any mention of weapons as it was originally half of the proposition behind this thread

1 hour ago, Rath said:

Competitive mode with attacking satellites?  Never gonna happen, most people don't want it, even if they use BD.

It is quite true that many people who play KSP do not want weapons in stock, myself being one of them ... However. the assertion that most don't want it even if they use BDAc is unfounded and, I can say as one of the members of the BDAc team, that space warfare weapons are a highly requested feature

Edited by DoctorDavinci

6 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Actually the OP edited his original post to remove any mention of weapons as it was originally half of the proposition behind this thread

It is quite true that many people who play KSP do not want weapons in stock, myself being one of them ... However. the assertion that most don't want it even if they use BDAc is unfounded and, I can say as one of the members of the BDAc team, that space warfare weapons are a highly requested feature

To all new people I did edit the original topic do to the fact that @sal_vager said that they never would include weapons and also with the negative support of adding weapons.

29 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

I mean that people who use BDA mostly don't want stock weapons.

48 minutes ago, Sgt Doomball said:

Yes I have noticed. But a multiplayer for playing with friends should be a great to incorporate.

Multiplayer would be very fun, even with timewarp issues.

Edited by Rath
Can't spell

Classical multiplayer in KSP will never be fun. It will either be lots of warping and lots of waiting for others or paradoxes and syncing problems all over the solar system.

Imagine going to other planets: you send a probe to Duna and go all 'Eh, it'll take some time so I will just set the stop warp where the Duna's SOI starts and wait for others to warp until then and go to sleep.' Then you wake up and face one of these two scenarios: your probe went by Duna and now is in solar orbit never going back or people got frustrated waiting for your orbital insertion burn and left and it's not a multiplayer server anymore.

Throw at me any other examples of a multiplayer "mission" and "fun" and I will prove you how convoluted and problematic it can get. There are other ways to introduce multiplayer to the game, like the indirect one with milestones set by the other players but none of theur ships appearing in your universe or even the mission control (which would be the most fun IMO), but then it wouldn't be this classical multiplayer many want so bad.

Seriously, if anyone wants to experience MP "fun" just have a go at DMP. My experience was more or less like this: sitting in the VAB/SPH, syncing, warping, more syncing, more warping, wasting fuel because of sync errors, syncing, warping and performing one docking with my friend with a lot of issues during that. Then we decided to never play it again.

SQUAD should consider creating a game designed for MP from the start. One in which there's no warping and either atmospheric flight only or Alcubierre drives. I would argue a flight sim would be the best option. Just look at the BDA and FAR showcase threads and the BDA AI dogfight tournaments. I bet these people would love to have a game in which they are able to actually pilot their contraptions and shoot each other. I know I would.

Edited by Veeltch

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.