"Kopernicus" Mars Transfer Vehicle Replica

Hello all,

For some time,I have been toying with the Idea of a Constellation spacecraft, and have finally got some designs I like:

Ares V:

TFvJzWn.png

Three Ares V's were used to construct my Kopernicus, one transporting the habitat module, and two others transporting fuel.

JTR3red.png

Ares V second stage

Ares I:

52SLhia.png

A single Ares I transports the Orion crew capsule with three astronauts (I know, the real Orion would have carried six astronauts, but I could not make a good six-person model).

BYCpV9S.png

Ares I second stage

S3UPKrs.png

And the Orion crew capsule in orbit.

Kopernicus:

9kWEPLB.png

Here is the Kopernicus with the Orion radially docked in a 150 km orbit.It has three nuclear engines and a separable fuel tank in the middle, like the real planned spacecraft.

Thanks! 

On 2/22/2017 at 7:47 PM, Majorjim! said:

Any plans to make the two mars landers?

Probably not. Too much work, and I just don't want to invest the time. Besides, there are so many great packs out there representing countless hours of work that I just don't want to put in.

On 2/22/2017 at 7:47 PM, Majorjim! said:

It's so satisfying isn't it?  Putting those parts together in orbit, knowing it looks like the real thing. 

That's exactly how it felt!

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.