Why won't this ship lift off?

I am trying to gain a greater understanding how to build ships more efficiently and how to use dV maps to plan missions.  I have KER installed so that I can see the information as I build the craft.  

I built a simple ship just to test some things and I am trying to understand why it won't lift off.  It seems if the TWR is greater than 1 it should at least launch. What am I not understanding?

G8NI08u.jpg

Thanks for the quick replys.  I don't really have a destination in mind.  I'm just trying to understand how to read the KER data.  

My intention was to build a very simple ship to take a scientist to my space station in Kerbin Orbit.   What I usually do is build a massive ship that has a ton of parts and lots of fuel left over that ends up wasted.  

I'm trying to learn to be more efficient in my builds. 

I guess I don't understand how to use KER properly.

ETA:  I do see now that KER was set to Mun and switching it to Kerbin changes my TWR to 0.65

Knew it must be simple.  

Edited by BentRim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.