Leftover capsule from rescue mission?

Something odd that I don't quite know how to describe:  Recently, I rescued a Kerbal from LKO.  I got her back safe and sound, but then she disappeared from the Astronaut Center without a trace-- but her capsule is still in orbit.  I went to the tracking station to terminate it, but all I can do is to "track" and "untrack" it, as if it were an A-class asteroid.

Thinking of sending a mission to deorbit it or plant KAS explosives on it, so it's actually giving me some mission ideas, but I'm still not sure how it happened.  Any ideas?  I run several mods, primarily parts mods in addition to KCT, Stage Recovery, and KIS/KAS.

Yep sounds like the contract never completed for some reason.  Look in Alt-F12 and if it's there you can force completion as you seem to have performed the mission so that could hardly be called cheating :wink: .

There was one other guy recently who reported this problem. He had rescued a bunch of victims, and none of them were ending up on his roster. I think his thread got moved to the "modded installs tech support" channel, but I can't find it right now.

I have this kind of issue some time ago. Looking at my savefile I noticed the rescued current trait was listed as "tourist".

At the time I was using USI Life Support, which in the default setting make astronauts out of supplies behave like tourists. I suspect it may be the cause.

I looked in alt-F12 and I didn't see anything connected to it.

At some point recently, I appear to have lost all record of my earlier contracts; not certain why.  I think perhaps the remaining capsule is an orphan from one of those.  (I wonder if it will spontaneously combust once I get into physics range?  I've seen that before...)

43 minutes ago, MaxwellsDemon said:

I looked in alt-F12 and I didn't see anything connected to it.

At some point recently, I appear to have lost all record of my earlier contracts; not certain why.  I think perhaps the remaining capsule is an orphan from one of those.  (I wonder if it will spontaneously combust once I get into physics range?  I've seen that before...)

I had a few instances recently where the game crashed when recovering a vessel with a rescue. When loaded the game back the contract was gone (didn't check if completed of just disappeared) but the craft was still there. Maybe something similar happened to you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.