My Missions patches & KSP illustrations ! [28/05/2020] Buran !

DiscoSlelge

As some of you may have seen on the thread "show off your screenshots" I like to made mission patches, I decided to show you my collection here; I use photoshop for the design and Indesign for kerbonauts names. A patch takes me approximately between 2 and 4 hours (find the design, colors...), for my inspiration it mostly comes from the screenshots I make or with real mission patches. I started to create patches a year ago, so you can see my progression with style and photoshop skills :)

Patches complete family

Hd8qwnw.png

Missions descriptions below :

Spoiler

Quick mission description :

KTS-1 to KTS-4 : Simple Kts shuttle missions, KTS-2 symbolise the rendez-vous between USK shuttle and the UKKR station.

Vinci 3 & Vinci 4 : A long duration rendez-vous mission between two "Vinci" (Gemini) ships around kerbin.

Vinci 7 : This patch commemorate a Vinci mün mission (with some orbits around it).

The MEM patch : No special mission, just a way to commemorate the release (at the time) of the BDB LM.

[There is practically a year between the MEM patch and the next one]

Ares Program patch : The general ARES Program patch, inspired by the Orion program patch

Apollo-ARES I patch : The first successful Duna mission with the ARES lander and Apollo parts (CSM and Saturn V), inspired by the book "Voyage" by Stephen Baxter.

Apollo-ARES II patch : Same mission as Apollo-ARES I, zooming on the Ares lander "Vinking". The mothership is waiting around Duna.

Duna One-ARES III : A new mission to Duna with a complete new ship, the Duna One station, powered by a nuclear engine, the Ares lander is still here, the Duna station is inspired by the one in the "Mars one crew manual".

ARES IV patch : Time changes, I tried another shape for this one with and a different design more 70s just a flag on Duna.

ARES V patch : Again another shape, a new ARES ship was delivered on the Duna One station still around Duna.

ARES VI patch : A more detailed patch, I came back to a classic round shape.

ARES VII patch : One of my favorites, it depicts the Ares lander taking off Duna's surface to rejoin his parking orbit, also it was the last mission of the Duna One station.

ARES VIII patch : My last Duna mission for now, mission made with a complete different ship, the von Braun way with a nuclear propulsion and the ARES lander in a shroud.

TMK-Eve "Paryashchiy" was a quik Eve fly-by with the TMK ship, a Saluyt station and a TKS, the ship is inpired by the real TMK soviet project.

LK :  Commemorative patch like the LM but here for the russian lander LK.

Comorant Aeronology patches : Asked by Pak for his mod.

X-15 patch : Comemorate several missions I made with the X-15 from the Contares mod.

"Prometheus" patch : An Orion-like program patch requested by a forum user.

Coyote patch : A patch I made for the Coyote industries mod.

CR patch : Proposition of patch for the mod "Commonwealth rockets".

Tundra Exploration patch : Commissioned by Damonvv for his major update of Tundra Exploration mod with new parts like the BFR.

Other patches and projects:

My "S&G" Simple & Generic project patches consists in doing simplist patches for KSC ground constructions and planets of Kerbol system, it's available for free on Dropbox! Click on the image !

od8fFVv.png

As some of you noticed, I started to make some illustration besides of the patches :

race_for_the_mun__ksp__by_discoslelge-db

1494977369-affiche-visit-duna-ksp.jpglaythe_holidays_poster__ksp__by_discosle1495332449-affiche-eeloo.jpgfloat_among_the_clouds_____ksp__by_discodBTP6qH.jpg1496288891-affiche-slate.jpg

No idea where to go for you holidays ? Let you charm by one of the destination proposed here, trip proposed by our two main contractors : Tantares, BDB, Contares and Coyote industries !

tantares_propaganda_poster__ksp__by_discG28Awjv.pngtest_pilots_required___b52_x15_space_pla1501352152-bdb-poster.pngspace_grand_tour__ksp__by_discoslelge-db1503581984-affiche-history-tour.pngkerbal_chronicles_no_2_it_s_war____ksp__

Don't hesitate to give your mind on my patches or suggestions, as you can see I'm not a native english speaker so if you see some english faults in my poster please tell me! Thanks for reading !:)

All my work is License by CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

88x31.png

You like my work and you want to offer me a drink ? You're welcome! :btn_donateCC_LG.gif    

Edited by DiscoSlelge
OP modification

28 minutes ago, steuben said:

What did you use for your templates?

What do you mean by "template" ? The ship model ? If it is that, I take a screenshot from and then I overlayed a new layers and draw it.

On 18/04/2017 at 7:27 PM, The Budgey Admiral said:

How do you make these?? Absolutely stunning work! Is the program available for free? Because damn I'd like to make badges, but paint.net is just not very good for that purpose.

I'm using photoshop, sadly photoshop is not free, you can use GIMP, it's a very good free drawing software. But thanks for your encouragement!

On 18/04/2017 at 8:01 PM, ZooNamedGames said:

@DiscoSlelge I've got a few shuttle missions that I'd like to see turned into patches if you wouldn't mind :) .

Sure you can go ! And show me your pics ! :D

Edited by Deddly

I've got this old thread here of missions following my Saturn Shuttle Series. It had about a dozen missions before being closed down but I'm thinking of reviving it here soon and it would be awesome if I could get your help to reintroduce it with your work shown on these older missions and missions coming after the return :) .

I've just come out with version 5 of the orbiter so the photos are a bit old for it :P but I'll get you some more photos of the older orbiters. For the most recent version just download the craft file itself and take a look :P Don't have any photos sadly yet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0GVLJwOLVGySEtVRnFlOWZsTUU/view?usp=sharing

Thanks a bullion for this :D !

14 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I've got this old thread here of missions following my Saturn Shuttle Series. It had about a dozen missions before being closed down but I'm thinking of reviving it here soon and it would be awesome if I could get your help to reintroduce it with your work shown on these older missions and missions coming after the return :) .

I've just come out with version 5 of the orbiter so the photos are a bit old for it :P but I'll get you some more photos of the older orbiters. For the most recent version just download the craft file itself and take a look :P Don't have any photos sadly yet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0GVLJwOLVGySEtVRnFlOWZsTUU/view?usp=sharing

Thanks a bullion for this :D !

Thanks I'll have a look at it, I used to make my patches with nice screenshots for the base, so I advise you to first mike your mission and pics so I can see the mission and inspiring myself with it to make a patche.

Just now, DiscoSlelge said:

Thanks I'll have a look at it, I used to make my patches with nice screenshots for the base, so I advise you to first mike your mission and pics so I can see the mission and inspiring myself with it to make a patche.

Flip through the thread. Some have photos and if they don't, the first post has a summary of all events for detail. Considering it's old it's all I can do and despite my best attempts I could not find my old screenshots for you, sorry :/ . Not that they were mission related anyway.

15 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Some news ! Hey, I've got some spare time last night and this afternoon, as I dedicade a patch to the LM I decided to make one for the LK there is the beast.

mrw i did this as commison to NISSKEPSIM yesterday.

ae6cZKN.png

And then i see your patch

https://i.imgur.com/E6Z5i3w.gifv

Edited by cratercracker

Just now, cratercracker said:

mrw i did this yesterday.

ae6cZKN.png

And then i see your patch

https://i.imgur.com/E6Z5i3w.gifv

Aha I can understand you but keep going practicing creates skill, btw I like your LV it's a mix between SLS and Saturn isn't it ? :wink:

Some fresh news : f o u r  h o u r s  o f  w o r k s , still WIP but on his end I have to add some details..
6RSs0S1.jpg

34 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

Love the style, you can see what I have so far in my sig. Have you considered making just the planets that people can use for their own patches? Right now I'm using the Kerbin from the Patch Template mod

Thanks !

First, no I never thought of making planets patches, secondly I can repsond at orders like I did for NotAgain, so if you want just leave your recommandations here or in PM I'll see what I can do for you :wink:

15 hours ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Dot?

I wanted to update the OP but I don't know why I quoted myself and reposted the OP, as we can delete a post I just edited this one to a dot heh.

Also, as finals are coming I'm going to reduce a bit the time I spend on patches for some weeks.
But I still have things to do ! Here's last WIP : for a BDB patch, nothing serious I'm still trying to get a design.
1493238415-mercury-redstone.png

Edited by DiscoSlelge

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.