Old part Necromancy.

NSEP

Oi peeps! Im working on a mod that revives old part models, and makes them compatible with the latest version of KSP. Im using an old copy of KSP 0.16, and i already know how to convert MDM to DDS. Any tips? Is it even possible?

2 hours ago, NSEP said:

Any tips? Is it even possible?

2 hours ago, NSEP said:

Im using an old copy of KSP 0.16, and i already know how to convert MDM to DDS

Must say you've lost ,me here, if you know how to convert MBM to DDS what do you need tips for?   

Isn't KSP 0.16 the demo?

Are you aware that unlicensed mods as you will find for versions of such age are considered by Squad to be ARR all rights reserved and as such cannot be legitimately revived and promoted on the forum .

You would need to track down the author and get explicit permission in order to make this project viable for the forum, something after such a long time has passed will be extremely difficult

I've done my fair share of necromodding and you have to be very very careful to observe the rules and conventions if you are to avoid the attention of mods and or grief from mod makers

2 hours ago, NSEP said:

Oi peeps! Im working on a mod that revives old part models, and makes them compatible with the latest version of KSP. Im using an old copy of KSP 0.16, and i already know how to convert MDM to DDS. Any tips? Is it even possible?

Check out the following mods, that already did this:

https://spacedock.info/mod/137/Discontinued Parts

And maybe @JMBuilder can cooperate with you on this, you seem to have slightly overlapping interests/goals:

8 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Must say you've lost ,me here, if you know how to convert MBM to DDS what do you need tips for?   

Isn't KSP 0.16 the demo?

Are you aware that unlicensed mods as you will find for versions of such age are considered by Squad to be ARR all rights reserved and as such cannot be legitimately revived and promoted on the forum .

You would need to track down the author and get explicit permission in order to make this project viable for the forum, something after such a long time has passed will be extremely difficult

I've done my fair share of necromodding and you have to be very very careful to observe the rules and conventions if you are to avoid the attention of mods and or grief from mod makers

I will keep an eye on if i have permission to do this, if i dont have permission, i will not release my project to the public. Thanks for telling. 

And KSP 0.16 is not the Demo, 0.18.3 is the current demo, and 0.13.3 is the older demo. I just so happend to have a copy of that version on my PC, so yeah...

19 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi it's all good, good luck with your project

Turns out 0.16 was the first version i bought :) (which I still have also)

Thanks for pointing some important stuff. Appreciated! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.