Legacy or Generic Rig?

I'm coming back to part making after ages... and can't seem to remember what I used to do to make animations for extending docking ports work.   

I've got the part made and animated in blender and have tried both importing the .blend and going through .fbx.    The tutorials and my recollection tell me that I want the legacy rig on the file's import settings...  but when I do that I get no animation happening in the preview window.   

IF I try generic rig...   I DO see it in the preview, can rename the clip and set the in and out correctly...  but when I export the .mu  - I'm not seeing any animation in game.  The right click menu on the part doesn't include the trigger buttons.   I know I'm missing some little click along the way...  but.. I sure can't figure out what it is!  

Which version of Unity and PartTools are you using?

I work on the .blend files in Unity (into need to export to .FBX) and I set my animations, which have been done in blender, to Legacy.

When you have the model selected in Unity are you making sure to name your animations appropriately?

Did you 'Write' the GameObject with an 'animation' component (populated with only your named animation in)?

Hi, this will all come back to you I'm sure but a quick refresh 

re legacy/ generic. if you select your animation , the file imported from blender,  check the inspector window , Right click the inspector tab and a little drop down should appear, select debug, in the debug view makes sure that the animation is also checked as legacy, right click tab again and select normal.  Now delete the animator component from the game object, select add component and from the miscellaneous select animation .  Clicking the little gear wheel to the extreme right of the animation component  window will allow you to browse the animations and select yours  . select play automatically and click play , all being well the animation will run, if it does uncheck play automatically before exporting

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.