GPO Civil War (A bit of History)

Alpha 360

To Fight or not to Fight?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Will you participate in this mini war?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will You participate in this mini war, if so? Whose side are you on?

• The International Board of Aerospace Affairs
    • The Rebellion

I'm now slightly bored with GPO, so I decided to see if anyone wants to start a turned based war with GPO. The rules will be commented below soon. 

My mods are below. BDA is not one of them, so the contestants will be using stock weapons in a entirely different solar system.

Spoiler

GPO

Kerbalism

Kerbal Planetary Base Pack

Kerbal Alarm Clock

KIS

KAS

Edited by Alpha 360

You can recruit people for your project here, but please keep in mind that this forum has had so much trouble with the arguments that arise from this sort of thing that we've had to rule out roleplaying entirely here (2.2.j). The actual conduct of this game will need to be held somewhere else. 

If these rules aren't complete, please tell me what to change. These are just the basics but I hope this will be sufficient for now.

Spoiler

1)      Turns

a)       The length of one’s turn

i)        The length of one’s turn is specified once the person receives the save file, and can be anywhere between one to three days.

ii)       If special circumstances arise, there can be a vote for that player to have a week to use the save file.

iii)     The first turn had no aggression and all the players are simply designing space units and putting down their mining bases and resupply units.

iv)     Turn lengths in-game can be no longer than one years.

b)      What one can launch on one’s turn

i)        There are six classes of combat units (ground units are nil.). The different classes are told apart by the tonnage of each vehicle. There is also a resupply unit which can be launched from starports. Resupply units are worth 10 points and have to be defenseless.  Resource scanners can be destroyed and put around other planets. Each resource scanner is worth 5 launch points. Mining bases are worth 10 launch points.

(1)    The combat classes are: Interceptor, Light Fighter, Heavy Fighter, Cruiser, Dreadnought, Carrier

(2)    The Interceptor class is all vehicles less than 15 tons. Light Fighters are above 15 tons but below 30. Heavy fighters are above 30 but below 75 tons. Cruisers are above 75 tons and below 150 tons. Dreadnoughts are above 150 tons to however large you want them. Carriers must be above 50 tons but below 250 tons.

ii)       One has 25 launch points per turn if the player has all his space ports. Each space port is worth 5 points and can be captured and destroyed if necessary.

(1)     An Interceptor is worth 5 points to launch, a light fighter is 10 points to launch, a heavy fighter is 15 points to launch, a Cruiser is 20 points to launch, Carriers and Dreadnoughts are worth 25 points to launch.

iii)      Where to launch units?

(1)      Units are spawned in at whatever space port you own and are docked onto the star port. 

c)       Combat

i)        In Combat, a player isn’t allowed to take-over, use or steal an enemy unit during a battle. Each battle must be documented extensively with either a video or a lot of pictures.

ii)       The opposing player’s units can’t fight back against the current player.

iii)     Missiles can be anything from separatrons to interceptor probes. Anything can be used as a weapon which isn’t cheaty or uses the power of the Kraken.

iv)     Salvage, anything without a probe core or crew controlled, will be salvaged at the end of the current player’s turn. If crew compartment recovered, you have permission to use those Kerbals in your fleet.

v)       Invisible ships (ships which don’t show up on your map) are illegal because you just can’t see them coming which is too much of an advantage.

d)      Moving Units

i)        One has only 10 movement points. Moving a unit (under its own power) from orbit around a moon to the main body’s SOI, is worth 1 points. Moving a unit(under its own power) from the surface of a planet to orbit is worth 2 points. Moving a unit (under its own power) interplanetary is worth 5 points. These numbers can be under dispute and can be changed by popular vote.

ii)       Units must be refueled and moved without cheats. That requires a docking port and resupplying craft.

e)      Bases and Starports

i)        A player can design his own mining bases but each mining base part(s) costs 10 points to launch. Every faction has a resource scanner around the bodies that they control.

f)        Carriers

i)        Interceptors can be docked to carriers, which then can be deployed after being refit and resupplied. These interceptors can stay as long as they want on these carriers and undock and redock at any time. Carriers can have up to 10 interceptors on board, but the carrier has to stay under 200 tons.                        

g)       Signifying what units belong to who

i)        To signify who owns what units, put your faction name and your forum username in quotes after the class of your vessel and your name for that vessel (this can be blank).

Edited by Alpha 360

A Brief History

Spoiler

3931:The Kerbals of Gaia have expanded to great heights, colonizing Eve, Gilly, the moons of Gaia, Ike, Duna and Scorch. Starports orbit each of these bodies, giving the Kerbal race resources never accessed before. Now International Board of Aerospace affairs have claimed all the moons in the Kerbin system. A rebellion started shortly afterwards, with rebels claiming all the colonies outside of Gaia's sphere of influence. Now the IBAA needs to recapture these outside territories. They need to finish the colonization of their moons, then build a fleet that could leave Gaia's sphere of influence, but the rebellion is one step ahead. They already have a small fleet of heavy fighters ready to move into the Gaia system to end the IBAA. Now the system is in civil war, and who will win?

On 17/06/2017 at 5:48 PM, Alpha 360 said:

I'm now slightly bored with GPO,

Nooooooooo

As the developer, do you have any feedback which you want to share so that I can improve the mod (and make it more worthwhile to play?)

Your playthroughs were very entertaining, so thank you for doing those :)

Gamelinx, it is nothing to do with the mod. The mod is one of the most wonderful I have ever seen. I'm just in one of those KSP downs. Well, there was one issue which started it all. There was a mess-up in the map mode which killed Bob. I quicksaved before hand, but it was before landing beforei got into orbit of Nightmare so I redid everything. And this time, I accidentally crashed into Nightmare. It took another roughly six tries before I got Bob back and a good hour. That was what started it. What finished it was I, using KAS and KIS, managed to accidentally detach the top of my rocket instead of the lights I put on. I had no quicksave. That's why I'm slightly out of KSP right now.  

5 hours ago, Alpha 360 said:

Gamelinx, it is nothing to do with the mod. The mod is one of the most wonderful I have ever seen. I'm just in one of those KSP downs. Well, there was one issue which started it all. There was a mess-up in the map mode which killed Bob. I quicksaved before hand, but it was before landing beforei got into orbit of Nightmare so I redid everything. And this time, I accidentally crashed into Nightmare. It took another roughly six tries before I got Bob back and a good hour. That was what started it. What finished it was I, using KAS and KIS, managed to accidentally detach the top of my rocket instead of the lights I put on. I had no quicksave. That's why I'm slightly out of KSP right now.  

It's fine :)

(You can load a save backup which KSP does automatically.)

You can find it in KSP > Saves > (Save name) > backup. Rename the persistent backup to Persistent.sfs and move it to Saves > (SaveName) replacing the existing one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.