The Modern Fighter Jet Challenge

7 hours ago, goduranus said:

Maybe set up two airbases 100 km apart so planes won't have to fly out to 85km every time?

They would have to be kerbal konstructs, as terrain loading makes it impossible to place objects more than 20 km away unless placed on an static mesh(e.g, KK-KSise runway)

17 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

I have updated the craft. You can retest it

Will do tommorow!

Peregrine vs Jaguar:

Spoiler

In the initial missile rounds, 1 Jaguar was lost. Suprisingly, the one remaining Jaguar held off for a while, but was eventually lost to a missile.

Also, I FINALLY got Dogfight Competition mode to work. 65 km is the new standard.

7 hours ago, goduranus said:

To avoid exploding your planes by your own missiles, set ejection speed to max and set drop time to zero. Downward ejection is slightly safer than forward ejection.

Will do that! I think that was what got the jaguar, as no missile from the sf-1 could reach me that fast.

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

Hmmm. Don't think my plane qualifies.

th9jJ17.jpg

Though if I refited my hornet replica with BDA weapons...

How much does it weigh?

2 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Hmmm. Don't think my plane qualifies.

th9jJ17.jpg

Though if I refited my hornet replica with BDA weapons...

Edit: @dundun92 is this 1.3?

Im using 1.2.2, as that's what FAR is compatible with. But if changing the version number from 1.3.0 to 1.2.2 works, I'll take it.

2 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

8 tons, and its a drone.

Too light, and can't be a drone.

P.S, @MiffedStarfish you have a hornet replica? I will put on the weapons for you, as in the OP.

Edited by Guest

What about this?

PIW0RHz.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cijp3p14oye7ajr/McDonnell Douglas F_A-18C Hornet BD.craft?dl=0

Im new to BDA (downloaded it a few hours ago) so I'd apprieciate if you checked it over and maybe changed some weapons.

Edit: It uses stock hinges in the design, but with physics extender there should be no problem, and it is the nature of them that aeven the AI will be able to operate it. Stage once with your hands off the keyboard to activate it.

Edited by MiffedStarfish

1 hour ago, MiffedStarfish said:

What about this?

PIW0RHz.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cijp3p14oye7ajr/McDonnell Douglas F_A-18C Hornet BD.craft?dl=0

Im new to BDA (downloaded it a few hours ago) so I'd apprieciate if you checked it over and maybe changed some weapons.

Edit: It uses stock hinges in the design, but with physics extender there should be no problem, and it is the nature of them that aeven the AI will be able to operate it. Stage once with your hands off the keyboard to activate it.

Will try! What are the hinges for? Folding wings?

P.S here's my f-18 replica

69b1415b92019b6d1f18c7d9f8d58aaa.png

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Will try! What are the hinges for? Folding wings?

Nah, the rear canards. theyre arent any the right size and shape in the stock game so i built my own. Theyre hooked up to flaps though, so the AI can control them.

@dundun92 the image isnt working.

Edited by MiffedStarfish

4 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Nah, the rear canards. theyre arent any the right size and shape in the stock game so i built my own. Theyre hooked up to flaps though, so the AI can control them.

@dundun92 the image isnt working.

Canards are foreplanes that do the job of elevators, but located at the front, unlike elevators.

AND YOU LIAR, YOU SAID YOU DON'T USE PART MODS!!! 

4 minutes ago, Joseph Kerman said:

Canards are foreplanes that do the job of elevators, but located at the front, unlike elevators.

AND YOU LIAR, YOU SAID YOU DON'T USE PART MODS!!! 

That's the second time, someone's told me that, doh!

I downloaded BDA to 1v1 a friend, and thought I'd enter this while I have it installed. It's on my 1.3 copy, and I'm waiting for 1.3.1 to fully transition. I did kinda go back on that, but it's on an alternate copy of the game. None of my craft I release will have mods though.

(and if your interested in who won between me and my friend, check out the latest video on my YouTube channel)

Edited by MiffedStarfish

1 minute ago, MiffedStarfish said:

That's the second time, someone's told me that, doh!

I downloaded BDA to 1v1 a friend, and thought I'd enter this while I have it installed. It's on my 1.3 copy, and I'm waiting for 1.3.1 to fully transition. I did kinda go back on that, but it's on an alternate copy of the game. None of my craft I release will have mods though.

(and if your interested in who won between me and my friend, check out the latest video on my YouTube channel)

Well then. While you are at it, try submitting a few to my battle thread. I could hold up to 3 matches. 

On 7/11/2017 at 2:30 PM, jrodriguez said:

I have updated the craft. You can retest it

Uhh, it still spins. it works much better, but still uncontrollable

3 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

What about this?

PIW0RHz.jpg

Edited 3 hours ago by MiffedStarfish

The elevators are not working.

4 hours ago, dundun92 said:

Uhh, it still spins. it works much better 

I think there is a bug in FAR. If you launch my craft first (without loading a save) from VAB, it will work fine. 

However if you load a save game, it is uncontrollable 

Edited by jrodriguez

7 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

I think there is a bug in FAR. If you launch my craft first (without loading a save) from VAB, it will work fine. 

However if you load a save game, it is uncontrollable 

So I need a new save?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.