Problems with docking

Hi guys,

I've been playing KSP for a few days.  Totally hooked.

Why can't I dock to my space station?  I'm perfectly aligned, tried various speeds and I just bounce off the docking port.  I'm pretty sure I have the ports the right way.  I'm using the docking port sr and the shielded docking port, which is open.  Screenshot to confirm I have the Sr docking port the correct way around https://snag.gy/DanIGw.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Doyley said:

I'm using the docking port sr and the shielded docking port, which is open.

This. They are different sizes; Seniors only dock to each other, as do Juniors. The Shielded Port and the regular one do dock with each other, tho.

Welcome to the forums!

As Monstah stated, docking ports can only dock if they have the same diameter. It won't really help in your current situation, but you can somewhat get around the size restriction with an AGU. The Klaw can hook to any of the docking ports, and a lot of other parts as well. This makes it pretty versatile. You can dock with ships that don't even have a docking port if you need to.

Thanks guys, very helpful.  I decided to leave my cat alone and rebuild and that did the job.  My wife may kick me instead though with the amount of time I've spent playing this game the last three days.

58 minutes ago, Doyley said:

My wife may kick me instead though with the amount of time I've spent playing this game the last three days.

Also a very common issue, but one we can't help you with unfortunately :/

21 hours ago, Doyley said:

Thanks guys, very helpful.  I decided to leave my cat alone and rebuild and that did the job.  My wife may kick me instead though with the amount of time I've spent playing this game the last three days.

I just get the rolled eyes these days. Wonderful woman otherwise. You can tell she's standing behind me can't you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.