[0.90] Tweakable Parameters ( V4.1 Released 25 Dec 2014 )

HoneyFox

• 4 weeks later...
This gonna get an update for .23?

It has some issues to be fixed. As far as i know it has some issue about Editor Lock feature (in 0.23 Squad introduced the LockID for EditorLock), and i'm squeezing time to implement a better FloatCurve GUI editor for it.

you can compile the latest version from GitHub if you know how to. Currently the editor is still WIP, the Editor Lock bug has been fixed though. :)

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, i combed the web for a reference on module properties but didn't found one, is there any reference that you can guide me to find all options for available modules?

after all, there should be one that you are using to make this mod ;)

By the way, i combed the web for a reference on module properties but didn't found one, is there any reference that you can guide me to find all options for available modules?

after all, there should be one that you are using to make this mod ;)

it utilized .net reflection. search it on the internet. you can also take a look at my source code and search GetFields.

I've read the description on spaceport hoping that it can add ability to set non-numerical values but no such luck. I was hoping that i could preset cross-feed status of docking ports, thus avoiding fuel drain from payload on launch.

I was hoping that i could preset cross-feed status of docking ports, thus avoiding fuel drain from payload on launch.

Apparently not with this mod, but there is another one that provides exactly that function.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64711-0-23-TweakableEverything-For-all-your-part-tweaking-needs

• 4 weeks later...

nvm, but for anyone who cant figure it out, here is a guide.

download module manager,

download tweakable parameters, and you will get a folder, that contains the tweakable parameters plugin, a .cfg file, and a readme.

drag the module manager .dll file into the "Plugins" folder inside KSP_Win

and drag the Tweakable parameters folder (with the 3 files) into the GameData folder.

I hope this helps everyone who cant install it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey I was just about to finally test your new ETC with the new Tweakable parameters when I saw in the ReadMe you mentioned there is some kind of Infuser to make the module working with other parts... Is this actually still a thing or do I have to edit the part.cfg/make an MM file to insert TP compatibility for yet unsupported parts?

Hey I was just about to finally test your new ETC with the new Tweakable parameters when I saw in the ReadMe you mentioned there is some kind of Infuser to make the module working with other parts... Is this actually still a thing or do I have to edit the part.cfg/make an MM file to insert TP compatibility for yet unsupported parts?

That infuser tool is very out-dated. it might still work but it's not needed.

You can check these:

1. TP plugin has one .cfg file in its package, which will add ModuleTweakableParam to any part.

2. ETC plugin has one .cfg file in its package, which will add ModuleEngineThrustController and ModuleSRBThrust to any SRB.

If you have these two .cfg files intact and you have ModuleManager installed, there's no need to use that infuser tool at all.

One last way to check if it works: Go and launch the game, pick a solid booster and press P, you should see a window pops-out, and you should be able to find a "ModuleSRBThrust" item inside the list. And that means everything is fine.

That infuser tool is very out-dated. it might still work but it's not needed.

You can check these:

1. TP plugin has one .cfg file in its package, which will add ModuleTweakableParam to any part.

2. ETC plugin has one .cfg file in its package, which will add ModuleEngineThrustController and ModuleSRBThrust to any SRB.

If you have these two .cfg files intact and you have ModuleManager installed, there's no need to use that infuser tool at all.

One last way to check if it works: Go and launch the game, pick a solid booster and press P, you should see a window pops-out, and you should be able to find a "ModuleSRBThrust" item inside the list. And that means everything is fine.

Yeah I already saw it adds ETC to every SRB by detecting ModuleSRBThrust and SolidFuel but I didn't realized TP .cfg which adds the Module to any part.. Well little derp there :D Thanks for the help :D

• 4 months later...

Hi, sorry to dig this up.

I've installed Tweakable Paramaters alongside ETC. I've bought up the TP menu with a KW Solid booster and inside module(ModuleSRBThrust) there is thrustcurve and timecurve. I can't seem to do anything with these however. When I click replace curve, nothing really happens. It just brings up another menu with the part name in it and nothing else other than "minimise".

Hi, sorry to dig this up.

I've installed Tweakable Paramaters alongside ETC. I've bought up the TP menu with a KW Solid booster and inside module(ModuleSRBThrust) there is thrustcurve and timecurve. I can't seem to do anything with these however. When I click replace curve, nothing really happens. It just brings up another menu with the part name in it and nothing else other than "minimise".

Hi, you can click the ">" button located before the part name in that "another menu".

After that there should be something displayed and an "Edit Curve" button. Click the button and see what pops up.

• 3 weeks later...
How does the Curve editing thing work? I can't figure out what the pairs of values mean. I'm trying to create some thrust curves for the strechySRBs. Help?

I too am attempting to edit the thrust curve for my SRB (Real Fuels + Procedural Parts) and while I can get to the editor I have no idea what the x and y values stand for. I have attempted to put in some meaningless values and the do a test launch with MechJeb to see what my thrust looks like and it is the same every time regardless of what I put in. I have come to the conclusion that I am doing something wrong but can't seem to figure out what it is. Any help would be most appreciated.

I too am attempting to edit the thrust curve for my SRB (Real Fuels + Procedural Parts) and while I can get to the editor I have no idea what the x and y values stand for. I have attempted to put in some meaningless values and the do a test launch with MechJeb to see what my thrust looks like and it is the same every time regardless of what I put in. I have come to the conclusion that I am doing something wrong but can't seem to figure out what it is. Any help would be most appreciated.

If you are using ETC plugin and add the "thrust Curve" of the "ModuleSRBThrust" module: x is the amount/maxAmount of your SRB (range from 1.0 full to 0.0 empty), y is the thrust rate (range from 1.0 full thrust to 0.0 no thrust).

If you are using Real Fuels' built-in thrust curve, I haven't checked the compatibility of that yet, but the meaning of x & y should be the same.

Edited by HoneyFox

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.