Naval Battle League 2016-2018

Okay. Who's ready and who's not, @ShadowGoat?

17 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Yeah, thats what I meant, sorry.  Actually, I think I will just bring 4 EX-7s, as they are the only things that will bring me even remotely close to 600 tons.

2 Javelins is all it will take at least to knock out the EX-7, and from 3 km.

6 hours ago, Joseph Kerman said:

Do you know who is ready?

The only strength I know about on MiffedStrafish's ships is the profile. It's very small, making it hard to hit.

Im close, all i need to do is touch up freighter and finish station, all my 4 ships are in a state id be ok with using even right now (i will upgrade things like weapons layouts/types a bit given time but they can be used atm effectively). 

Hard to hit ships are one of those things that is deceiving actually.  I kinda fell down that road for a year or so, trying to make smaller and smaller and more compact ships, but the moment someone has both skill and properly designed torpedoes the concept of being so small its hard to hit you with fire goes out the window.  Recently ive settled for the concept of compact and hard to hit skeleton/core, but a very large ship with lots of empty space to render high powered weapons less useful since they will just punch straight through and do little if any real damage.  After years of trying, ive concluded that "invincible" armor is IMPOSSIBLE to make (you CAN do it with fairings, but i consider any use of fairing armor to be a cheat and thus id never use it or fight someone who does use it), and because of that, you need to rely on probability to defend yourself, and the less likely the enemy is to hit a critical section the less likely you are to die from any one shot. 

6 minutes ago, Joseph Kerman said:

@Spartwo Do you have tips in shipbuilding? I actually started shipbuilding when I got invited to the Battle Royale, so most of my ships are just big "mass produced" boxes with missiles outside.

I'm putting out videos right now but I want to stick to a schedule so it's just the basics, which I believe you're fine with, and weapon design which you act confident in but a 29 ton missile is all of your eggs in the one basket.

So I'll just go over in case you don't want to wait a week.
-Make some sacrifices for aesthetic. Find a style for your ships and don't be afraid to break out of it.
-Build small and numerous. 250 ton ships are rare for a reason. They're the edge of practical.
-Have docking ports. It may get a few bits stolen but you can save a ship.

Edited by Spartwo

1 minute ago, Joseph Kerman said:

Military.

Well here is my method but may be outdated now.

Central spine of girders with crew cabins and fuel tanks attached to that. Then attached to the same spine but separate from the fuel is the Armour. Means that any shock from the hits goes through the spine rather than directly onto the fuel. However weapons these days will punch through even 3 layers of this so nothing is fool proof.

Try to make weapons from parts with 80m/s tolerance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.