[WIP] Low-Poly Cities for Kerbin

Frogbull

I have some name ideas:

Chikago (with a little train line)

Vankouver (idk)

New Kork (i think it sounds better)

New kork makes me think of an Irish place called cork. More then New york

And I saw places like London are on the list, so id like to see more smaller buildings/less modern, like a lot of European cities and towns have

I could not disagree more. The thought of being able to build a city really goes along with the feel of KSP. If its only remade city and only in set locations then it basically just becomes eyecandy. Really awesome eye candy yes. But if you could make your own city, that adds functionality and freedom. Kinda goes along with the whole sandbox concept.

Some premade citys would be good, maybe even some that load into the game with the PQSCity and are just there no matter what. But being able to create a city myself is just brilliant!!

Well we will have both. The mod will come with existing cities already placed on the surface of the planet. And for those who would like to build their own cities, they have the possibility to make it and then place them on the planet by themselves.

low poly is low poly. you dont need to waste time to make landmarks typical to human cities, just bunch of cube buildins, various types, and place cities around. Hell it could even be a texture only and i wouldnt mind. From orbit seeing glowing cities and such.

It would be neat if you could make the Airstrips be able to "Launch" craft

You can, or probably will be able to, I should say. There is a mod that allows VAB/SHP launches from mobile platforms. Can also be added via module to other parts rather easy. You could either add the launch module to the city runway part (if those will be actual part...no clue on that of course) or drop an actual part ontop that works as SPH runway.

Of course not knowing at all how this mod is going to work I could be wrong...but should be possible.

If you can make it so that a player can choose wherever they want to launch planes/rockets from a good-looking complex, that'll be amazing.

This is a bit far from the original concept of the mod, and also Extraplanetary Launchpads, from the mod, can be placed on Kerbin I think.

We'll focus on cities and airstrips first, we already have a few problems to solve before the mod can be released :)

It would be great if you could make some cities that are stationary, like Easter Eggs, and also parts for building your own cities. If you have already written that this is how you will do it, then forgive me, I am retarded.