[1.0.3] Editor Extensions v2.12 - 23 June

MachXXV

Pardon my noob question, but which folders do I need to put the .cs and .dll files in order for them to take effect?

I know where to find my KSP folder on my boot drive, but I've only ever messed with parts and ships, so I'm not sure where to put these editor things. Can I do that thing where I dump them all in a folder in "Game Data" and the game will figure out the rest itself?

Drop the editorextensions folder in the gamedata folder and you should be set. All you really need is just the .dll, the cs file is the source code and isn't needed to use the plugin.

Does anyone have the source code of the first releases ? If I remember correctly, this mod had a command line parameter for skipping the main menu before, and I want to reuse the code for speed up dev/testing.

Well, can you paste it somewhere or provide me a link ? :)

the old one was getting the command line args with System.Environment.GetCommandLineArgs() (standard CLI stuff)

then calling (in the KSP libraries) PartLoader.goToSceneAfterLoad = GameScenes.FLIGHT (or .SPH etc)

I never tested it since I had heard it wasn't working anymore, and I only wanted the plugin to load in the SPH/VAB anyways.

Drop the editorextensions folder in the gamedata folder and you should be set. All you really need is just the .dll, the cs file is the source code and isn't needed to use the plugin.

Cool, thanks. It works.

I did run into a bit of a problem though... I'm not sure if it's a setting I've accidentally leaved off (or if it's just my game going crazy), but I'm trying to build a rocket and now nothing will connect to it laterally. This pic shows a radial decoupler that's just staying red regardless of how I approach it to the orange tank. I turned off vertical snap, turned off parts clipping, turned off the Alt-R thing, and I used Alt-C and Alt-X to reset the other things. So I'm not sure what I could have forgotten.

Another thing I wanted to say, I like the vertical snap but it looks like it only has one snap point per part. It'd be nice if you could add a more incremental set of snap points. It's especially notable for delicate small builds like landers or rovers. I want to make sure it's all balanced, vertically that is, but I want to be able to play with the height placement too.

Anyway, love the mod, thanks for making it.

EDIT:

I scrapped that whole build and restarted my spacecraft from scratch, now the radial things are attaching just fine. So... yeah, no idea what was going on there. It might be totally unrelated to your mod. Though I have no other mods installed at the moment.

Edited by PTNLemay

• 2 weeks later...
Will you add the function to zoom out of the VAB? I'm building some huge things and need the extra space, it would be really helpfull.

I would like to see an answer to this question. One of the more useful features of the original version of this plugin was the ability to act like the building space was effectively unlimited. I understand that since the rewrite took place, IIRC, .21 came out and radically redid a lot of the editor environment. Is it the case that this functionality is quite a bit more problematic after .21, or is it still under development?

I would like to see an answer to this question. One of the more useful features of the original version of this plugin was the ability to act like the building space was effectively unlimited. I understand that since the rewrite took place, IIRC, .21 came out and radically redid a lot of the editor environment. Is it the case that this functionality is quite a bit more problematic after .21, or is it still under development?

The technique that was used in the original didn't work after the .21 changes. I hadn't really looked into finding a new way to do it - Once .22 comes out I was going to play around with the plugin again to see what I can add, I'll see what I can do.

The technique that was used in the original didn't work after the .21 changes. I hadn't really looked into finding a new way to do it - Once .22 comes out I was going to play around with the plugin again to see what I can add, I'll see what I can do.

.22 is out...

Where is my loved Editor Extensions?

[Joke.Start]

I am waiiitiiiing! And my patience is running oooouuuut!

*goes towards the gun cabinet*

[Joke.End]

Ok, but jokes aside, any news or ETAs for a .22 version? No pressure! It's jus that we (I) don't even know if you are working on it or not, so any info would be greatly appreciated!

EE is (was) one of my favorite mods on .21, so if new version is coming, that's great news! If not, thanks for everything! You are my hero regardless! :)

.22 is out...

Where is my loved Editor Extensions?

[Joke.Start]

I am waiiitiiiing! And my patience is running oooouuuut!

*goes towards the gun cabinet*

[Joke.End]

Ok, but jokes aside, any news or ETAs for a .22 version? No pressure! It's jus that we (I) don't even know if you are working on it or not, so any info would be greatly appreciated!

EE is (was) one of my favorite mods on .21, so if new version is coming, that's great news! If not, thanks for everything! You are my hero regardless! :)

0.22 was a really easy update on plugins, infact most came through it needing nothing...

Been using EE since about 10min after 0.22 dropped....

So far I haven't seen anything that required an update, so the current version should work as-is.

Just a small suggestion.

A loop around block for the angle snap feature will be OK, I think. Accidentally clicking "c" after 90 disables vertical snap, btw.

And (Yes, it is well known, but anyway) when you mouse over a symetrically attached part the stock symetry counter resets to a new value, but if you click "c" it still starts from the last number from EE, which was not shown even shown now. Maybe it is real to add a function that will keep track of this changes and reset the own EE value? If I understood the problem correctly, of course, and you cant change the internal game value directly.

And a small wish too, what I lose anyway!

Don't know if it is possible but I still want to see an autosnap function for the ends of structural struts. Really want.

I just found my new favorite mod! I especially like the vertical alignment lock. Using this mod, I was finally able to build a halfway decent rover that didn't have a predisposition for turning itself upside down (on Kerbin, haven't tested on Mun) and it didn't pull to one side as if the wheels were misaligned.

• 2 weeks later...

I now increase maxHeight for the VAB camera in the latest (not-yet-released) Real Solar System, so don't worry about that request.

Although if you do want to do it in EdEx, I can send you the code (and then I'll comment it out in RSS).

• 1 month later...

Having options for vertical snap beyond the 50% mark on pieces would be nice. May I suggest you break it up into 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 marks? That's pretty basic but allows much greater freedom on large tanks.