[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Uh.. did you uninstall first?

I cannot replicate

Yes I did. It may be pulling from the short tank folder (disk cache?) since they are named the same. I\'ve renamed it \'long tank\' and will see if it changes.

ETA- new folder, changed the name, still messed up. This is on a iMac.

the normal s100 isn\'t even in the pack anymore, so if that folder exists, delete it

the 1m tanks are the hh77, the S100L and the R25

internally, the S100L took the name of the old S100 to not break saves

I forgot to rename the folder before packing it up, it should have overwritten everything.

OKay, Blender has been conquered, and I have fixed the dumb lighting on the S100 and the 2 new RCS tanks. Also got the Yawmaster\'s new parts smoothed out (thanks C7studios!) and applied a new texture styled after the CSM from the Apollo missions (its still a bit of a WIP, but I want to get the functional Yawmaster parts in)

WXg6L.png

So, proper texture on those RCS tanks, and the new yawmaster; 4 pieces -

The RCS thrusters, stronger than the stock block

RCS tank -> ASAS Module -> Normal Fuel tank (top to bottom) - the texture doesn\'t match if you don\'t use that order :P

I\'ll pack this up with a few more tweaks tomorrow.

Has ANY other MacOS user had the issue Andras had?

Has ANY other MacOS user had the issue Andras had?

Its called OSx not macOS. But I do have access to a mac mini for this weekend. If the owner will let me I may be able to test the issue on it. Not promising anything though.

All working fine on my Mac.

Had a bit of a weird issue at first with the S100L when loading an old rocket, but realised that I\'d stacked two and they were overlapping due to the new length. Just took it off and reattached and all was fine.

The texture in the folder is named 'medium' but it\'s displaying fine for me.

Great work, keep it up.

Its called OSx not macOS. But I do have access to a mac mini for this weekend. If the owner will let me I may be able to test the issue on it. Not promising anything though.

Why you young whippersnappers, back in my day....

Wasn\'t planning on doing a set of stock textures, no. But if someone wanted to tackle that I\'d help you with the logistics and such :)

I\'ve installed 0.2 version, the rocket now looks much better because everything is the same color. Thank you, Tiberion, NovaSilisko and everyone who helps to create this pack!

But unfortunately the engine wobbling bug and rocket leans to one side bug is present in this version as well. Here is the rocket with both bugs: http://i.imgur.com/wI0kW.jpg 20 Kb

It is very simple - POD, two FL-T3000 Fuel tanks and 4X-800 Liquid Fuel Engine Cluster plus 6 struts that connect fuel tanks. As soon as I take off on full throttle, the rocket starts to lean left even if I hold 'right' all the time.

I\'ve posted info about this bug in Development forum in separate topic, then in 0.12 update theme, Harvester wrote that he had spent many time trying to find a reason of a bug. As far as I understand he hasn\'t found it yet.

Someone said on this forum that engine wobbles because it is not centered properly. I don\'t understand anything in KSP modding, so if anyone here knows what causes or might cause these bugs, please write about it! :) Is it bug in add-ons or bug in KSP engine? Everything worked fine in 10.1 release, both bugs first appeared in .11 :)

And the reason is not the rocket being too heavy, I guess - the bugs are not present in 10.1 and too heavy rocket shouldn\'t lean left all the time, it should just collapse on the launchpad ???

almost every engine ingame tends to slide around whatever its attached to unless its held in place by struts

Funny I have to hold many of my engines in place with struts (4-8 of them) or the engine simply gets left on the launch pad and I dont find out about it until I need it. Then its time to abort by then it\'s too late.

Version 0.3a is uploading to dropbox now, here\'s the quick changelog:

NovaPunch v0.3alpha

-------------------

-added 1.75m stackable Solid Rocket Booster

-added a new \'short\' 2m fuel tank, the S500

-edited the fuel and weight of the other 2m tank to reflect its actual dimensions (2mx4m)

-added the refurbished Yawmaster Command/Service Module parts: RCS tank, ASAS, Orbital fuel tank (thanks to Straight Chillen for the edited models!)

-removed the old Yawmaster 3000 Command Pod part. Long has it served, long shall it be remembered.

-slight tweaks to the S100 and HH78 tank textures. Now 1 tank with text per tank size.

Went ahead and removed the old yawmaster, since it didn\'t make much sense as a command pod. Not completely happy with the new texture I made, so I may iterate on that one again.

Upcoming:

Still working on orange textures

investigating converting vernier to a radial liquid engine, with gimballing.

all the other stuff.

tzOAM.jpg

Yep, its an artifact left over from when we used to stick SAS all over the place, since it was the only way to control things.

Slug made radial boosters, which are pretty similar and functional, but not even those have been updated for gimballing

They\'ll be useful for putting on stages without gimbals, they\'ll be weak thrust-wise, but enough to add some steering control.

Excellent work everyone! That 1.75 SRB is a really sweet ticket , with just the right combination of factors to lift a pod , Yamaster Service module and a 3rd stage into a sub-orbital trajectory. With some fins attached , it went up into a perfect orbit first time!.

Anyway , one small bug to report. When I went to launch the craft the double length 1m tank went from the new textures to the old Orange ones.

Hmm, that twice its been reported. Make sure to clean out any old SIDR or Sundaypunch folders, I renamed the folders, but the internal names are the same, so two copies of the tank might be co-existing, which leads to bad things.

If that is not it.. we\'ll have to do some digging.

Titan IV flies again!

I dropped the second large tank in the center stack. It went to the Mun with a nearly full second tank and it was pretty hard to maneuver. So I replaced that with a smaller tank and a big RCS tank.

Left that twin engine on the launch pad again, i added 4 100lb boost engines to help with a faster launch this left that twin behind.

I really love the parts menu, more things means more to play with and more to go wrong :).

On a side note Bill, Jeb and Bob are happy at higher alt without an engine for re-entry than they are with one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.