need help! screen keeps zooming right out when i press "v" to change view

it never used todo this. but when im in orbit or where ever i am. soon as i want to change view by pressing "v" it zooms right out and i mean right out to where i have to scroll all the way back in.

oh this also happens when it changes view automatically

Edited by gazn1

it never used todo this. but when im in orbit or where ever i am. soon as i want to change view by pressing "v" it zooms right out and i mean right out to where i have to scroll all the way back in.

oh this also happens when it changes view automatically

I've seen this exact same behaviour several times myself. But I still have no idea what's causing it. Switching to and from the map screen resets the camera but it doesn't solve it. As soon as camera views change (manual or automatic) the camera zooms out again. Changing views multiple times can zoom the camera out to unimaginable distances.

Sometimes this weird behaviour resolved itself after I changes ships but usually I had to restart the game to get rid of it.

Could be mod related cause I do run a bucket load of them.

• 1 month later...

I am having this problem as well, can zoom back in but if it zooms too far out it just becomes a black screen and is stuck that way, including on the space center screen, which requires a full game restart to fix. It has only become a problem today, I installed DMagic orbital science, EVE (+Astronomers visual pack) and Texture replacer (+Oinkers skybox replacement) and updated Deadly reentry, custom biomes and engineer redux a couple of days ago but only problematic today. It also seems to do it when I throttle up quickly.

Has anyone else that has just started having this problem recently installed or updated any of those mods?

Moved to modded support, where you might get some help solving this. This does happen in stock, but I've only ever seen it on the launch pad. If it's happening constantly, then perhaps we can narrow it down further if we know what mods are in use.

I recommend that, in order to best run this problem down, you read this thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support-%28READ-FIRST%29

Providing some (if not all) of the info makes it easier for people to track down the bugs.

Cheers,

~Claw

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone made any headway with this? I am suspecting a couple of mods - one notable mod that was installed both times is Modular Multiwheels, but I need to investigate a little further.

Unfortunately it broke my KSP, as I can only see a black environment when I load a craft. Everything works fine (interface, IVA), it's just that the world is not there. I think I might have zoomed all the way out of the game world.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.