Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

920 Excellent

1 Follower

About Bubbadevlin

  • Rank
    Pro Noob

Recent Profile Visitors

3,946 profile views
  1. I clip parts with almost every build but thats just tied to what i like to build. A significant chunk of stuff i do in the game is building replicas or just general visual builds. Apart from that i like to build things with stock mechanics or trying to push various aspects of the game to its limits. While i do agree that clipping too much can get dumb if its built for the sake of performance, at a certain point it actually becomes impressive dealing with the 100s of fuel tanks and parts all existing in the same place. Many KSP parts just have dumb dead space (like the 2m SAS wheel)
  2. I dont really see how this is different from the space craft exchange in general... or for that matter kerbalX
  3. Today in KSP i finished my flying supercarrier... https://kerbalx.com/Bubbadevlin/Coriolis-Class-Helicarrier
  4. I suppose i have put more time into planes than rockets.. but its a pretty close call Alot of my game time is just static tests and mechanics stuff on the runway, so I wouldnt count that. I will say i spend nearly ALL my time in the SPH as opposed to the VAB. the SPH camera controls are just far far superior than the VAB for any sort of detailed or clipped together craft
  5. Back in the day I made a kerbal statue with Kerbpaint.. It was pretty fun but also just so stupid
  6. Damn. I never really considered the importance and usage of inter vessel collisions with single-craft joints... let alone people coming up with such a similar idea 4+ years later. I really like the designs and its great to see more evolution in KSP mechanics. Plus the tech is DEFINITELY well suited for things like flaps and gimbals Back in 2016 I had created a REALLY similar system, except that rather than using the new inter-part collisions as the guide bearing I used a decoupling shell. Because of the decoupling shell the joint basically had both the downsides of a traditional bear
  7. Thanks! But I probably wont work on this thing much lol, it was built pretty much purely aesthetics. When KSP 2 comes out and there is an actual use for colony ships? Definitely.
  8. Dam impressive man! I love the attention to detail. It nice to see a no compromises replica build of the N1. It has such unique shapes that KSP parts dont do a good job conforming, but this replica looks fantastic. I especially love how clean the fairings look.. I cant imagine how much fiddling it took to get them all the proper shape and size.
  9. Bubbadevlin Presents The Laniakea Class Colony Ship KerbalX Link Development Process Back when 1.8 was released I was playing around with the new SRBs and decided to try and make something which utilized them as structural pieces. This colony ship is what I came up with. At 250 meters long and over 9000 tons it is the largest craft I have ever created in terms of size, and with a crew capacity of 2864 I think it it will fulfill its role. The ship features a command section at the front, with a large multi-floor viewing window setup. Two habitation rings w
  10. 1.8 is a pretty good update IMO, but i think there is one update not included that should be: 1.0.5. While it wasn't a 1.X update, it still was very major (and was after 1.0). 1.0.5 was the update that added the different sized jet parts, overhauled quite a number of part models, added proper buoyancy physics, and overall added a lot of QOL improvements. But yea, it was technically a 1.0 patch so i would say 1.8 is the best other than that. As an English speaker the localization patches didn't bring much in my opinion, and as an almost exclusively sandbox player the comm-net didn't do muc
  11. Today in KSP i finally finished my massive kerbal colony ship. With a possible crew count of 2864 and an overall length of 200m she is a big one. (Stock w/ DLCs btw)
  12. Very amazing replica! Such clean lines considering its built out of the wing pieces. I especially like the colors/lighting you have with these pictures, it really adds to the replica
  13. Lookin great! I love the paint scheme I really feel your pain with those spontaneous explosions, had them happen to me ALOT during the testing of my own Saturn V. For me I found that the spontaneous explosions were dependent on fuel level and not altitude or speed, making me think that it was the shifting of autostruts from one tank to another as fuel drained that was causing the explosions. (since i was building using autostrut heaviest). I even ended up putting in a fuel locked tank in the rocket, which did actually fix the spontaneous combustion on ascent.. but then i had about 3
  14. I wish.. The 10-15 was an average, its around 3-5 when launching. Plus i have the physics delta set so that even if my game is running at an okish frame rate, the in game time is horribly slow
  15. Thanks! The rocket wont work in RSS, there is not nearly enough Delta V for that Thanks for telling me about the link.. dam prepublished link
  • Create New...