Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


449 Excellent


Profile Information

  • About me
    Gotta Go Fast
  • Location
  • Interests
    Dres, Armchair General-ing

Recent Profile Visitors

7,082 profile views
  1. Regular KSP is just a bit too small for me, so I play an upscaled version (Galileo's 3.2x upscale - I tried a version compatible with 1.8.1 but it still had the same issue). The problem is that it breaks terrain colliders, specifically on the Mun. Whenever I try to land, one of two things happens. My craft might instantly destroy itself a few meters above the visual surface, no matter how fast I'm going. The root part disappears first and then the rest of the craft destroys itself. On occasion I actually touch the surface but I end up going right through and my craft instantly explodes a few meters below the surface. I can't land on the Mun, and I don't want to get too invested in a save where I can't land on anything. Has anyone else encountered this and is there a solution?
  2. @Profiremu23 Thank you for putting your time into creating this. Galileo's mod has terrain collider issues that make it semi-unplayable, so I'd guess the majority of downloads are going to come from people with broken installs. It would probably be wise to add 3.2x and 6.4x scales, since people with the old rescale normally play on those. You might also want to keep an eye on terrain colliders since those broke old rescale saves. Thanks
  3. I'm having this exact same issue - even previous mission flags hover above the surface. It wasn't even happening until my latest mission so there's a major problem - perhaps something to do with the reworked Mun textures?
  4. @Mephisto81 My save is in serious trouble unfortunately - for some reason whenever I try to land on the Mun the ground level appears to be broken, and my craft always instantly destroys itself. Have you ever encountered this playing upscaled KSP?
  5. Cringe: Well thought out, interesting replies Based: Adjust Ike, re-color Moho, integrate Outer Planets Mod
  6. @Lt_DuckweedThanks for the help bro! Very snazzy looking SSTO . Can I have the craft file? Very solid idea - I'll take a look at FMRS. I don't like stage recovery as much because it's very gamey to stick a bunch of parachutes on every stage to recoup a huge amount of money. I have all the stock parts, and level 2 plane facilities. No settings changed. Didn't think it was that important to mention since usually only the most cyclopean designs exceed the level 2 limitations.
  7. Kings, I need your help. I've been playing a 3.2x upscaled version of KSP career with a couple mods, nothing special. But I have a bit of a problem. I need to spend mountains of money getting stuff to orbit since stock parts are not quite optimized. I'm basically broke, okay? I'm terrible at building spaceplanes, and when Kerbin is 3x larger that's obviously not going to happen. Stock parts only is rough. If an expert builder can build an SSTO, any SSTO, that will work on this upscale, it would be greatly appreciated. I guess it could be a fun challenge if doing engineering work for random people on the internet doesn't sound enjoyable . If anybody wants to take a crack at this (please do i can't keep spending 130k funds to get 20 tons to orbit), here's some relevant info about the upscale. The atmosphere is 98kms instead of 70 It takes about 6km/s DV to get to orbit instead of 3.5 Orbital speed is about 4km/s It takes about 3000 m/s to get to Munar orbit and back Help a kerbal out if you have the time If you want to actually use the rescale to build instead of just having spare delta V here are the links if you're interested https://github.com/Galileo88/Rescale/releases https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/
  8. GRS

    Just saying, you should follow the "Dres Awareness Challenge" thread, so you can be aware of new entries, there are two or maybe more unconfirmed entries (mine is one of them), by following the thread, you can remain active there via notifications

  9. Better than ever. It's been a while.
  10. Banned for banning 4 days ago.
  11. *smashes button* Press the button with a 70% chance of getting to go on the ISS, but a 30% chance of getting strapped to the top of a rocket.
  12. 2fast4me I summon @SpaceplaneAddict!
  • Create New...