• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

204 Excellent

1 Follower

About Krakatoa

  • Rank
    Sr. Spacecraft Engineer

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. You just need to have the most recent one, whether it's from the Pathfinder bundle, downloaded straight from the MM Github, or from where it was included in another mod. ModuleManager 4.0.2 is what you want.
  2. I built this one for a Feline Utility Rovers craft, but this is the general idea, and Buffalo is very close to the same size as a FUR rover.
  3. I've landed them a few ways. There's the chassis decoupler, so you can land it vertically on a landing stage and just rotate forward after staging the decoupler. I've put engines on a large number of Buffalos and landed on their power after ditching a deorbiting stage. I've suspended them in large cargo bays and landed that horizontally, then just dropped out the bottom or jumped out the top. I've flown them there in a MkIV/OPT SSTO. Using EL is an option, but I kinda prefer any of those others.
  4. That's one of the Wild Blue research experiments that you put in a slot in a lab with the science template. It requires lab time (a resource produced internally while running the experiment) and some other experiments require certain conditions for the craft, like landed, orbiting, whatever, and in this case a thermometer so the Kerbals can do the research projects.
  5. The PAW is the right click menu on the part. Hit "Open Workshop" from there and you can get to the OSE GUI.
  6. Feel free to disagree, but part of what makes OSE special is how it starts off so small, only needing 2 modules and a drill to basically get going. 1 with the chemical workshop as it was. You don't have to keep that, but with the new setup, you would need a minimum of 2 OSE modules and you could possibly need all 3. I also like with the recent plan of moving the Chem Workshop deeper into the tech tree, that science lets you build that more efficient base. Anything that lets you get a better base going with fewer parts is always nice for keeping those frames higher.
  7. I went through and just fixed my copies of the cfgs. May work better than relying on a patch as far as making it so no warnings show up.
  8. I greatly prefer option 2, and if people are cheesing the recycle mechanic, they could just as easily use the alt-f12 menu to give themselves the money and save the time setting up the process.
  9. I think* that the original was material kits made from ore in combination with rare metals or/and exotic minerals depending on the part. The part with a mention of making equipment is probably the anomaly, but I've never played with just MKS, so I don't know if Equipment exists outside of Wild Blue. If not, the recipe should probably just be tweaked with a compatibility patch when using Wild Blue and the part changed to produce the MKs and to sift Dirt. In Pathfinder with CRP, there's a combination of Equipment (used for re-purposing and expanding parts) and MKs and the ability to switch between them, and it uses the original recipes. In Pathfinder with Classic Stock, OSE uses Equipment with Gemstones and/or PreciousMetals to print parts.
  10. Now that I have finally looked at everything, it is special in that it's the only part that can do all the things, but it does unlock at the same stock node as the regular manned workshop so would seem to outclass it immediately. If it unlocked later in the science tree, I could see it staying as is, so that you can compact your builds with better science.
  11. On looking back through the parts and their cfgs, I can see the confusion, and it shows how much I've relied on other parts for the capabilities. The Chemical Workshop does ore straight to equipment and is also a workshop and recycler requiring the part to be staffed, where the Material Extractor seems to almost be more for the CRP/MKS side, with an ore-MK converter and dirt-RareMetals and ExoticMinerals processor. It's also unmanned, so more like the stock ISRUs. I think DStaal was right in that some of the cfgs have been mangled.
  12. No, there isn't, because the stock processors can take care of that. There are no other parts to produce material kits/equipment except for outside of this mod.
  13. Yeah, in Pathfinder, Equipment is what's used to print the parts in OSE, so this would be the "ISRU" part of the mod. I checked the new beta out in game. Haven't run the processors through to the end of their build queue, but in jumping around the pages and opening the recycler, I didn't get any NREs.
  14. Typically, you need to show a picture of your GameData folder and maybe your logs to help you effectively, but to start off with, make sure you don't have nested GameData folders. Should just be Kerbal Space Program -> GameData -> KerbetrotterLtd