[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

With latest update I can't attach things like the surface mount to the ground anymore. I'm currently testing with the "muncrete slab" from the Pathfinder pack, but I tried with the KIS/KAS surface block also. I have a engineer, and I tried with both a wrench (aka spanner) and the electric drill/screwdriver holding the "x" and I also tried holding the "h" key.

The slab just highlights in red once you enter "tool mode" and won't attach the surface of the body your on. Any thoughts? If I just drop the parts on the ground they eventually just blow up.

I am having problems with the interaction between v1.2.0 of the Kerbal Inventory System and v0.5.1 of the Kerbal Attachment System. The latter has things such as fuel connections, which I have in several .craft files, which will not load unless KAS is loaded.

The previous version of KIS works fine with KAS. It may be a memory problem, rather than a bug. since the KIS DLL is slightly larger, but that implies that I am running very close to the limit, and I removed a couple of significant mods without any apparent benefit. The loading process stalled, apparently at the same point when reporting the first part in KAS. If it were memory, I am a little astonished that the stall would be at the exact same point.

I am having problems with the interaction between v1.2.0 of the Kerbal Inventory System and v0.5.1 of the Kerbal Attachment System. The latter has things such as fuel connections, which I have in several .craft files, which will not load unless KAS is loaded.

The previous version of KIS works fine with KAS. It may be a memory problem, rather than a bug. since the KIS DLL is slightly larger, but that implies that I am running very close to the limit, and I removed a couple of significant mods without any apparent benefit. The loading process stalled, apparently at the same point when reporting the first part in KAS. If it were memory, I am a little astonished that the stall would be at the exact same point.

You should probably update KAS then. The current version is 5.3

Thanks. That may have come out after I hit the problems, and had checked for a new version. Ho-hum, the player says, how to get things working again?

I think I shall have to set up a new KSP install, because it certainly isn't a shortage of memory on my PC. I am not sure I want to take chances on the new pair, not just yet. I had something that was working, dammit!

Thanks. That may have come out after I hit the problems, and had checked for a new version. Ho-hum, the player says, how to get things working again?

I think I shall have to set up a new KSP install, because it certainly isn't a shortage of memory on my PC. I am not sure I want to take chances on the new pair, not just yet. I had something that was working, dammit!

Kospy releases both at the same time, as they are kind of like a matched pair.

Just make a backup of your save, update KAS and test. Should work. I had 2 crafts connected via KAS pipes that handled the update of both KIS/KAS without issue.

With latest update I can't attach things like the surface mount to the ground anymore. I'm currently testing with the "muncrete slab" from the Pathfinder pack, but I tried with the KIS/KAS surface block also. I have a engineer, and I tried with both a wrench (aka spanner) and the electric drill/screwdriver holding the "x" and I also tried holding the "h" key.

The slab just highlights in red once you enter "tool mode" and won't attach the surface of the body your on. Any thoughts? If I just drop the parts on the ground they eventually just blow up.

Hi Rottielover,

The issue is that there are new settings for how you attach things on the ground. MeCripp figured out that you need to modify the Saddle to look like this:

MODULE

{

name = ModuleKISItem

volumeOverride = 100

stackable = true

allowPartAttach = 2

allowStaticAttach = 1

}

I'll have a that change in the next update of Pathfinder.

Meanwhile, I have a different issue. I'm using KIS 1.2.0 and KAS 0.5.3. First, here is my base.

suPmhnZ.png

Pathfinder relies heavily upon KIS/KAS for assembly; I'm enjoying building my mod around KIS/KAS. Anyway, you can see that I've attached batteries, solar panels, and using the ModuleKISPartMount, I've attached a crew transfer tube (essentially a modified connector port) and two Chuckwagon inflatable storage modules. What I'm trying to do is set up a second Ponderosa and attach it to the first via crew transfer tube. Bill is having a problem though, and cannot pull the Ponderosa from its mounting rack:

1AA0Yor.png

From the looks of it, KIS is looking at the already setup base instead of the part that is attached to the landing craft, and incorrectly determining that it has parts attached to it and thus cannot be carried. I tried pulling all the parts off of the established base but I get the same error. You can find my log here, though I didn't see anything that was reported by KIS to the effect that I have parts attached.

I think the steps to reproduce this are:

1. make sure your ship has two SM-62 mounts on the ship and two SC-62 containers.

2. Grab one of the SC-62 containers and carry it. Then Grab the empty SM-62 and mount it on, say, a slab attached to the ground.

3. Mount a SC-62 to the SM-62 that is attached to that slab. Then attach a battery to the SC-62.

4. Back to the ship, try grabbing the other SC-62.

Edit: I tried this again and here is what I see in the logs when the icon turns red while trying to grab the Ponderosa attached to the ship:

[LOG 08:48:44.378] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Bill Kerman ----------------------

[LOG 08:48:44.382] stage manager resuming...

[LOG 08:48:44.385] [KIS] Part detection stopped

[LOG 08:48:47.937] [KIS] Equip item KIS.electricScrewdriver

[LOG 08:48:57.081] [KIS] Part detection started

[LOG 08:49:02.032] [KIS] Part detection stopped

[LOG 08:49:03.555] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Mun

Edited by Angel-125

Thanks Angel! I'm having the same issue with the default slab that comes with KAS/KIS as well. Maybe it was an oversight with the update and slabs. When I saw your post I tried reproducing it just off the JSC runway and ran into the exact same issue. So I can confirm your reproduction steps. I hope that helps!

Well not sure what the deal is, but after removing and re-installing the parts, everything works fine. I had the parts in symmetry mode and when I pulled them off and put them back on again, I had no issues. Very strange. If I run unto the problem again I'll report my results.

Hi Guys I just did a fresh re-install of the game including this MOD and now find I have no option to remove helmet. I've used CKAN this time to install MODs and I'm concerned I've gotten something wrong. What have I missed?

Hey I'm working on using a scaled down BD armory 20mm turret as a hand held EVA item. I have it where its in the kerbals hand and at a good scale, I also am able to see ammo as well as toggle the turret. But I can't seem to get BD and KIS to play nice. I have no control to aim it or fire it. I am currently using a modified KIS Item module as well as an ammo module and an RTG module for power (not sure I even need power) just curious if anyone else has played around with this and got it to work.

Proof of concept

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w475/v8jester1/Random%20KSP/screenshot0_zpsqwoozpzg.png~original

wow! now I can have protection whenever I need to get into Mohole.

BTW can I blow explosives with this? It'd make amazing fireworks in Minmus.

I've had KIS installed since I started my 1.0 career, but I'm just beginning to really use it and figure it out. And I've got to say... bravo KospY! Your work is brilliant.

I had a Minmus ship with some spare fuel when a contract to save a Kerbal in Minmus orbit showed up. I didn't have room for him, but I rendezvoused anyway. I figured maybe I could push him around into a Kerbin orbit for easier rescue. And then I realized... I've got an engineer with me. Gememma Kerman hopped out, removed the parachute, screwed the new guy's pod on top, and then reattached the parachute on top of that. Had to take reentry a bit slower, but it worked like a charm!

This mod is so full of possibilities and it encourages creativity on a whole new level. Well done, and thank you.

Is there a way to allow ALL kerbals to attach/detach parts instead of just engineers? I'd love to be able to set up a science package with a scientist in situ. Thanks for a really revolutionary mod!

wow! now I can have protection whenever I need to get into Mohole.

BTW can I blow explosives with this? It'd make amazing fireworks in Minmus.

I haven't tried shooting the explosives.... There was also an older mod called "Kertex" I think. It had remote C4.

And for those interested. Darren9 and I made some progress on the weapon mod. you need KIS BD Armory and Spanners Boomstick. But try it out and let us/me know if you have any issues not already noted. THIS IS A WIP TREAT IT AS SUCH

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/114508-Advanced-aircraft-Screenshots-and-building-techniques?p=2075851#post2075851

Hey guys, anyone else having trouble putting tweak scaled or tweaked objects into containers? The user guide says I should be able to drag a part into the editor, tweak it, and then drag and drop that into the inventory, however I can't do that final step of dragging from the editor to the inventory.

Is there a way to use a science item in a Kerbal's inventory? For example, if Bill has the 2HOT Thermometer in his inventory, I'm trying to right click on it and get a temperature reading, but the option doesn't seem to be available? Of course, if I drop it on the ground from any height, the thermometer creates a comically large explosion.

I've seen this asked a few times but never answered (as far as I can see), so I'll repost: How is volume calculated for parts? I see there's a VolumeOverride option to correct that value, but what's the default? I'm deducing it's from the actual part model itself, since there was a conversation about wheels expanded/collapsed affecting the volume of that part. Is it the true internal volume of the 3D shapes, or is it the 3D bounding box of the model? I was trying to do some planning out-of-game, and realized I couldn't find that calculation anywhere.

I can not attach once detached part from some radial parts ie:

Cubic Octagonal Struct

BZ-52 Radial Attachment Point

Anyone else?

PS: node attachmet not surface

Edited by brusura

Is there a way to use a science item in a Kerbal's inventory? For example, if Bill has the 2HOT Thermometer in his inventory, I'm trying to right click on it and get a temperature reading, but the option doesn't seem to be available? Of course, if I drop it on the ground from any height, the thermometer creates a comically large explosion.

I don't think so, but this is a cute mod to go with KIS

I'm getting an NRE thrown when I remove a container (the carryable one) from a kerbals inventory to the inventory of the large container.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at KIS.ModuleKISItemEvaTweaker.OnUnEquip (KIS.KIS_Item item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KIS.KIS_Item.Unequip () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KIS.KIS_Item.OnMove (KIS.ModuleKISInventory srcInventory, KIS.ModuleKISInventory destInventory) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KIS.ModuleKISInventory.MoveItem (KIS.KIS_Item srcItem, KIS.ModuleKISInventory tgtInventory, Int32 tgtSlot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiInventory (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiMain (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Got an issue to talk about. I'm building a Minmus base and have several craft at the landing site. Been using KIS/KAS to perform various tasks in orbit and on planet. Suddenly, all my Minmus Kerbals have lost the "inventory" option in their right-click menu. Tab does not open inventory. Right clicking a pod with a Kerbal inside doesn't show inventory option. It's like I've uninstalled KIS. Restarting KSP or loading quick-saves does not restore KIS.

However, if I go to the VAB, put a vessel on the launchpad that uses KIS, then prior to launch, simply switch to the vessel/Kerbal I checked earlier, KIS is working again (though any inventory has been lost).

I've been searching this thread for any similar stories but have not seen any. I update mods via CKAN. Current versions: KSP 1.04, KIS 1.2, KAS 0.5.3

AntennaRange

AtmosphericSoundEnhancement

BetterTimeWarp

Chatterer

CollisionFX

ContractFilter

CrowdSourcedScience

EditorExtensions

EngineLighting

EnhancedNavBall

EVAManager

FieldExperience