[1.2.2] Contract Pack: Bases and Stations 3.6.1 (30/04/2017) (formerly Kerbin Space Station)

severedsolo

The disable on statechange errors can be ignored, I just went a bit nuts - I'll clean it up in the next release.

I THINK what's happening is that it's finding the sub contract groups and doesn't like it.

This seems to be your problem:

ContractConfigurator.ContractGroup: CONTRACT_GROUP 'KerbinSpaceStation': unexpected child node 'CONTRACT_GROUP' found, ignored.

Do me a favour? Hit Alt-F10 and expand the KerbinSpaceStation group - take a screenshot for me?

Edit: Ok it's not that because I'm getting those errors too and it's working for me.

Edited by severedsolo

The disable on statechange errors can be ignored, I just went a bit nuts - I'll clean it up in the next release.

I THINK what's happening is that it's finding the sub contract groups and doesn't like it.

This seems to be your problem:

Do me a favour? Hit Alt-F10 and expand the KerbinSpaceStation group - take a screenshot for me?

That last warning shouldn't have caused any problems, but it's fixed in CC 1.0.4 regardless.

I've just put a new version up, give that a go (it will at least make the log easier to read).

KerbinSpaceStation 1.3.3 Released!

- fixed a requirement issue with Life Support contracts

- removed surplus disableonStateChange nodes.

Hmm, I today upgraded to KSS 1.3.3 and CC 1.0.4, and my KSS contracts have disappeared, too.

Er, what log file should I be uploading to help you diagnose this? Log.txt in the KSP main folder? Can I attach it to this post somehow, or should I dump it all inside spoiler tags?

Edit: I have a lightly-modded install. Mod list:

Kerbal Engineer Redux

Kerbal ALarm Clock

KSS

CC

Kerbal Construction Time

Docking Port Alignment

Final Frontier

USI Life Support

PreciseNode

Waypoint Manager, and

Just installed Sounding Rockets today

Edited by Mister Spock

I think output.log would probably help. pastebin is probably the best way to send your log.

I'm using most of those myself, so I don't think it's your mods.

Lets check the obvious:

1) are you seeing the stock missions? (that suggests something's gone seriously wrong)

2) I presume the first mission (launch the KSS) is the problem?

3) If so, do you have solar panels, a docking port, and the science lab unlocked (this was recently fixed in CC, so I think this may be your problem, the contract showing previously before you had these requirements was a bug).

Otherwise please send your log, and also:

Press Alt-F10, expand sub groups until you can see KerbinStationCore's requirements (or whatever contract is the problem) - and hit "force requirements check" (or something like that). I'm interested if any turn yellow (or you have any red at all).

Edited by severedsolo

Weird. I must have forgotten to commit before releasing. Fixed it now, thanks.

CKAN users, your going to get a useless update. Sorry.

More likely you forgot to push. :)

If you see gaps in the historical version numbers in Contract Configurator, that's pretty much always why.

Lets check the obvious:

1) are you seeing the stock missions? (that suggests something's gone seriously wrong)

3) If so, do you have solar panels, a docking port, and the science lab unlocked (this was recently fixed in CC, so I think this may be your problem, the contract showing previously before you had these requirements was a bug).

Ah, I think you've answered my question! I haven't unlocked the docking port or science lab (and no, I'm not seeing the stock space station missions). So it sounds like I simply need to keep playing until I unlock those things. Thank you for your speedy reply.

FYI, before I patched, I was seeing the first missions ("Launch the Kerbin Space Station!" and Launch the Mun Space Station!"), and indeed I was bummed that I had to keep ignoring those missions because I didn't have the requisite parts unlocked. So I'm glad things have been patched to hold off on those missions until the player is ready to accept them.

Thanks again for a terrific contracts pack.

Another day, another broken sequence node. I think I need to go through them all tonight.

In the mean time, I've put an (untested) pre-release up that should fix the problem. As ever, back up your save, and reject/reaccept the contract after installing to get it to show up.

https://github.com/severedsolo/KerbinSpaceStation/releases/tag/1.3.3.2

It does support USI Life Support. See my post 2 above yours.

To be fair, I never updated the first page with the latest changes. I fixed that now.

Kerbin Space Station 1.3.4 released

- Fixed an issue with LS Resupply missions completing.

I'm going to go through the other missions later, and see if I can spot any other issues.

Edited by severedsolo

It does support USI Life Support. See my post 2 above yours.

Oh! I hadn't looked closely enough at it. I assumed you were using TAC-LS.

- - - Updated - - -

I've run into an issue which I'm pretty sure is with this mod, as when I remove it, the issue goes away. While moduleManager is loading in parts, a message pops up saying KSP has stopped working. However, KSP continues to run just fine. If I click okay on the message, it closes along with KSP, but if I just tab back to KSP it runs until I try to quit the game, and then actually crashes. Has anyone else run into anything like this? I'm not seeing anything unusual in the log. It's really too bad, because this contract pack sounds wonderful. I enjoy building stations, but I can see that if I start doing stock station contracts, I'm just going to have a bunch of unused stations littering the system.

I'm gonna guess your running into Out Of Memory issues. You must be right on the line if KSS is tipping you over (I can't believe it loads that much into memory!)

It's definitely not an OOM issue. I'm doing fine on memory, and besides, in an OOM crash, there's an error message. Also, it actually crashes, instead of just saying it's crashed while continuing running. Plus, as you said, I can't imagine it's adding much memory to the load.

I've run into an issue which I'm pretty sure is with this mod, as when I remove it, the issue goes away. While moduleManager is loading in parts, a message pops up saying KSP has stopped working. However, KSP continues to run just fine. If I click okay on the message, it closes along with KSP, but if I just tab back to KSP it runs until I try to quit the game, and then actually crashes. Has anyone else run into anything like this? I'm not seeing anything unusual in the log. It's really too bad, because this contract pack sounds wonderful. I enjoy building stations, but I can see that if I start doing stock station contracts, I'm just going to have a bunch of unused stations littering the system.
It's definitely not an OOM issue. I'm doing fine on memory, and besides, in an OOM crash, there's an error message. Also, it actually crashes, instead of just saying it's crashed while continuing running. Plus, as you said, I can't imagine it's adding much memory to the load.

Don't know what this is due to - Contract Configurator doesn't start loading anything until it hits the main menu. I think KSS does add a part, so I suppose it could be somehow related to that, but that still seems odd.

Don't know what this is due to - Contract Configurator doesn't start loading anything until it hits the main menu. I think KSS does add a part, so I suppose it could be somehow related to that, but that still seems odd.

It does add a part, but it's completely unecessary now, I just left it in for legacy purposes. You could try removing Parts/Utilities/StationCore see if that helps, but it still seems odd as it loads fine for me. (Ooh, unless you have another mod that uses :FINAL on the docking port part).

Looking through the config files, I was wondering, is there a reason the power module requirements are written like this:

PARAMETER
{
name = RTGSolar
type = Any
title = Have one of the following power generators

PARAMETER
{
name = PartValidationRTG
type = PartValidation
hideChildren = true
title = 1 or more solar panels

// PartModule(s) to check for. Optional, and can be specified multiple times.
partModule = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel

// Minimum count, default = 1
minCount = 1
}

PARAMETER
{
name = PartValidationSolar
type = PartValidation
hideChildren = true
title = 1 or more generators

// PartModule(s) to check for. Optional, and can be specified multiple times. Looking for an RTG
partModule = ModuleGenerator

minCount = 1
}
}

As opposed to this:

PARAMETER
{
name = RTGSolar
type = PartValidation
hideChildren = true

minCount = 1
}

Looking through the config files, I was wondering, is there a reason the power module requirements are written like this:

{
name = RTGSolar
type = Any

PARAMETER
{
name = PartValidationRTG
type = PartValidation
hideChildren = true
title = 1 or more solar panels

minCount = 1
}

PARAMETER
{
name = PartValidationSolar
type = PartValidation
hideChildren = true
title = 1 or more generators

// PartModule(s) to check for. Optional, and can be specified multiple times. Looking for an RTG

minCount = 1
}
}
PARAMETER

As opposed to this:

{
name = RTGSolar
type = PartValidation
hideChildren = true

minCount = 1
}
PARAMETER

Because PartValidation doesn't really do logical-OR very well. What you posted says it needs a single part that is both a solar panel and generator.

Hi!

First off thank you for this mod! Ive ran into an issue where im not seeing any space station mission come up? i had one but didnt take it and nothing has come back since.

Is there anything iv missed?

Hi!

First off thank you for this mod! Ive ran into an issue where im not seeing any space station mission come up? i had one but didnt take it and nothing has come back since.

Is there anything iv missed?

Run through the below checklist, and let me know what comes up.

Lets check the obvious:

Press Alt-F10, expand sub groups until you can see KerbinStationCore's requirements (or whatever contract is the problem) - and hit "force requirements check" (or something like that). I'm interested if any turn yellow (or you have any red at all).

Run through the below checklist, and let me know what comes up.

Thanks for the info! I do not have all parts required yet so im guessing its that, after running that force requirements in the f10 menu it has two that are yellow which is 'partmodule unlocked'