KSP_x64.exe missing / Re-install won't solve it

Hi, I have been playing KSP x64 modded for a long time, and haven't got any major issues. I was going to play today and I had a problem that causes the game to load extremely slow (Happens regularly, but it's not that bad for me) so I did what I do everytime it happens, restart the pc. After that, I tried to open the game and a message appeared saying : "failed to launch the game (unknown error)", so I went to the files and tried to find the issue, when I realized my KSP_x64.exe was missing ;.;.

I can't play on 32bit because of all the mods I have (Parts, gameplay mechanics, physics, visual enhancements, etc.) And I use and love all of the mods I have. Tried everything! checked for the game integrity, reinstalled completely (uninstalling from steam and erasing the extra folders from the game folder) but still no x64 executable. I don't know what to do now! Without the mods almost all my ships will dissapear, and without x64 I can't play it!

Thanks for your attention!

Edit: I just installed the game in another computer and the x64 executable is still missing... ?!?!?! What is going on? Is x64 executable missing in an early update I didn't realized? I'm seriously confused right now.

Edited by Aristizabal95

install your game in 32bit and use the method I used here - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/115069-0-90-Possible-Windows-Memory-Wall-Crash-Workaround

I had enough mods installed that I could not get past the loading screen due to the 32bit RAM limit. I can now play the game with all my mods, and even a few more since I posted this workaround, and my RAM usage peaks at less that half of the 32bit limit.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been running almost cherry for the 1.0 release and really enjoying career to the stage that I just noticed it's a sunny morning ( except I have to have MechJeb because I prefer to build rockets and test them than have to manually fly them... It's not like NASA make all their pilots handle the stick on the way up!) and so the x64 isn't a problem for me at the moment thank god.

Now when I inevitably get the Modding Virus again (symptoms include "Oooh, look at that... GOTTA HAVE IT NOW!" and "I really need some better planetary textures... it doesn't take much ram does it?") I will most definitely be mourning the loss of the x64 and forcing myself to live in the 32bit era. THIS IS THE 21st CENTURY DAMMIT!

Hi, my name is NeoMorph and I am a KerbalModAholic.

No more x64 on Win until Unity get off their butts and fixes the damn thing. U5 didnt solve an damn thing.

Since KSP 1.0 uses Unity 4.6 I don't see how U5 is relevant here.

• 4 weeks later...

I know that, I was just reporting that U5 didn't get any better in x64 applications. And until KSP either migrates to a new engine (not likely) or Unity fixes the x64 platform (even less likely) We wont get to play KSP in all its spacey goodness!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.