[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

1 minute ago, TedwinKnockman66 said:

i didn't mentioned about compatible version i just put a little thing happened to me, maybe it can help you in new version for 1.3

Just kidding, but I'm finishing up a few things here before I update to 1.3, I haven't even booted it up yet.

At the same time I would prefer if people would stop reporting 1.3 issues that would probably go away with a recompile.

Edited by blackrack

Like any other mod actually; got to where you have installed your game (Steam default .../steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program), open the archived file of the mod which in this case is Scatterer and drop the scatterer map in you GameData folder. Presto! You got some wicked graphics overhaul!

One word of warning though: This version of Scatterer isn't yet compatible with the recent version of KSP. Wait until this mod is updated.

12 minutes ago, mafkaas300 said:

Like any other mod actually; got to where you have installed your game (Steam default .../steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program), open the archived file of the mod which in this case is Scatterer and drop the scatterer map in you GameData folder. Presto! You got some wicked graphics overhaul!

One word of warning though: This version of Scatterer isn't yet compatible with the recent version of KSP. Wait until this mod is updated.

Ah alright thank you! I actually still use the 1.2.2 version of the KSP just because it's more stable with mods and for me it's a f***ng pain in the ass to reinstall all mods which most of them arent even compatible with the newest version. Oh boy wouldnt steam workshop be sooooo easy now right?

Edited by MultiFrapser
Flipping?!?!

Hello once again. What did you mean with the scatterer map? I do not have anything like that in my scatterer mod files? I tried to place the files in the Gamedata\scatterer\config files into the KSP GameData folder but still nothing even happens if I try to open the mod menu (ALT+F10 or ALT+F11)

29 minutes ago, mafkaas300 said:

In the scatterer zip file is a map called GameData. Just copy it in your Kerbal Space Program folder. When installed correctly this order of folders must exist: .../steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/scatterer.

Ah ok now it works! Thank you very much, only problem is that I can not seem to figure out how to add clouds? Do you know how to get clouds, otherwise the graphics look very nice!

I personally use Stock Visual Enhancement but I advise you to just search a bit for something that best suit your needs (and ease of installation of the mods).

There are mods which just add clouds but also mods that add visual weather like lightning and planetary storms.

I chose SVE because it caused me the least problems but that was a while ago. Since I am waiting on just a few mods to make the jump to 1.3 I might be trying to install a few more in-depth visual mods.

They are mostly hard to install because of the preferences you would like yourself. While some of the mods seem very complicated to install they mostly just need to get in the .../Kerbal Space Program/GameData/[Mod name] hierarchy just like Scatterer and everything should work well (hopefully).

44 minutes ago, mafkaas300 said:

I personally use Stock Visual Enhancement but I advise you to just search a bit for something that best suit your needs (and ease of installation of the mods).

There are mods which just add clouds but also mods that add visual weather like lightning and planetary storms.

I chose SVE because it caused me the least problems but that was a while ago. Since I am waiting on just a few mods to make the jump to 1.3 I might be trying to install a few more in-depth visual mods.

They are mostly hard to install because of the preferences you would like yourself. While some of the mods seem very complicated to install they mostly just need to get in the .../Kerbal Space Program/GameData/[Mod name] hierarchy just like Scatterer and everything should work well (hopefully).

Everything in SVE apart from scatterer is updated for 1.3, but scatterer works fine with only the occasional weird event. It's hard to describe the eerie sci-fi vibe I got when I was landing on The Mun and these tiles silently lifted up and floated gently away, it was like reliving 2001 a space odyssey. Sometimes I want Blackrack to keep some of these things as Easter eggs. Except I know someone would come in here and complain in a rude way making Blackrack less likely to want to contribute to our enjoyment of the game.

7HSs1LO.png

When I first saw the tiles, I was already well aware of the issue from the countless reports that popped up on SVE, EVE, Kopernicus, and Scatterer's thread, but that didn't keep me from enjoying the experience! It was like my Kerbals were asleep and part of an experiment or simulation that was failing somewhere in reality.

2 hours ago, mafkaas300 said:

Well it was indeed quite the event when the Mun broke up in several tiles and broke reality. I didn't which of the many tiles were landable until I crashed into the tileless section.

It brings a whole new level to the game!

Tis a feature

18 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Tis a feature

:D nice one @blackrack. Here's a quick FIY: I still need a bit more experimentation, but I suspect now that this new feature might be connected to the ocean shaders. (i.e. I could not reproduce the tiles when ocean shaders were dissabled) Like I said, need more experiments to be absolutely sure though.

Edited by Dafni

4 minutes ago, Dafni said:

I could not reproduce the tiles when ocean shaders were dissabled

confirmed. Quickfix for restless souls until scatterer is compatible with 1.3

Edited by SkyKaptn

Just now, SkyKaptn said:

confirmed

Roger that. Just saw your SSRSS post too now. We must have posted at almost the same time.

Anyway, lets hope this info helps blackrack to track down the issue.

And to Blackrack himself a huge Thank You for this lovely mod and all the work to maintain it. You make the KSP experience a lot more beautiful.