Robotengineer

The Unofficial News About KSP Posted On Other Sites Thread!

Is that supposed to be the incredible thing?

I guess. How the past seems to repeat themselves.

Don't want to be to down trodden on this. But every time a PC gaming Company touches a console system.. RockStar Games happens all over again.

Please don't drop PC gamers. It is a bad habbit once the Console Gold Coins start dropping in.

That is... pretty underwhelming for pretty much everybody except Squad, who will now have a larger market to sell to. That's great and all, but it's hardly incredible news unless it somehow means a suddenly larger team pushing development faster or something.

Lets see what else they have to say though. They must be putting a lot of information into the devlog if it's going to be really late.

They can't even put out a stable, non-buggy release on ONE platform. They'd better invest in a bigger team or this is going to be a disaster.

Not sure how PS4 would work because KSP is pretty reliant on keyboard for most things.

Personally, I don't think that they will drop support for PC, just because they add console support.

I wonder what the controls will be. (I'm not familiar with PS4 controllers.)

This is the first step toward the Dark Side that is SOE

Sony Online Entertainment?

Hey, were you in the Star Wars Galaxies MMO?

Edited by smjjames
  • Like 1

I'm guessing this will be after the unity 5 update, once the UI updates are done.

Squad, giving a new meaning to 'Indie' in the year 2015. Independent of their community that is. PS4? I don't have a console but this seems like a bad idea.

Soooo, huge performance improvements? On KSP's side, I mean.

Sounded like the opposite. I mean, my laptop CPU runs at 2.40 GHz, that's what it's rated for anyway.

And I agree that going to PS4 is kind of a wierd decision.

Soooo, huge performance improvements? On KSP's side, I mean.

From running on the PS4/XBox? Those things have middling mobile CPUs, I can't see getting very high part counts unless Unity 5 brings some tremendous, single-craft performance increases.

• Like 1

Sounded like the opposite. I mean, my laptop CPU runs at 2.40 GHz, that's what it's rated for anyway.

And I agree that going to PS4 is kind of a wierd decision.

From running on the PS4/XBox? Those things have middling mobile CPUs, I can't see getting very high part counts unless Unity 5 brings some tremendous, single-craft performance increases.

I meant KSP's performance will be improved. That is; on all platforms. Better code, etc.

Max is chattering away on Reddit atm -

(relevant posts in sequence)

KSP on the PS4 confirmed!

Maxmaps

Aaaand we can finally talk about what I've been being cheeky on the devnotes for literal months. Woo!

Iamsodarncool

Max has tweeted extensively in the past about how consoles are bad and why the PC is such a great platform for something like KSP. I expect Sony is paying them to do this.

Maxmaps

They aren't! I've tweeted about bad practices in console gaming but we would never jump into something like this if we didn't believe in the platform. Sony have cleared any doubts or worries we may have had about it, and have treated us well. Plus, it works really, really well on the DualShock 4.

brunothemad

This has potential to greatly expand the audience, which I think is awesome. But 1.0.3?!

Maxmaps

We're thrilled to grow the KSP family, of course. And 1.0.3's doing pretty well so far. I won't give a date to avoid disappointing but we hope to not keep you waiting much longer.

Please keep it on-topic in here (only news, not news discussion) : I know a lot of you are excited/angry/emotional about the PS4 announcement so I've made a thread to discuss it in over here.

• Like 1

Sony Online Entertainment?

Hey, were you in the Star Wars Galaxies MMO?

Yes, I was, until SOE completely and without warning changed the game.