1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

Anyone know how to keep your craft from rotating like crazy with the rotatrons?

At first, I thought maybe it was the size of my craft. (just a mk1 lander can), so I used the "engine" on a quick plane I threw together, but it still rotated uncontrollably. (Even with a lot of SAS modules)

But with, the docking washers or inverted rotatrons it just stopped spinning altogether.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2016 at 3:59 PM, stickman939 said:

Anyone know how to keep your craft from rotating like crazy with the rotatrons?

At first, I thought maybe it was the size of my craft. (just a mk1 lander can), so I used the "engine" on a quick plane I threw together, but it still rotated uncontrollably. (Even with a lot of SAS modules)

But with, the docking washers or inverted rotatrons it just stopped spinning altogether.

Rotatrons make stuff spin like crazy if you have proppelers because of the torque

Do the hinges have weight limits by chance? I cannot for the life of me get the hinges to function no matter the control setting. I don't really bother with presets as its just a simple, but large gantry crane. Large enough that I need the hinge scaled up 300% via TweakScale. Could that be the issue here as well? The hinge needs to lift 900+ tons. Anything I can do?

15 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

Do the hinges have weight limits by chance? I cannot for the life of me get the hinges to function no matter the control setting. I don't really bother with presets as its just a simple, but large gantry crane. Large enough that I need the hinge scaled up 300% via TweakScale. Could that be the issue here as well? The hinge needs to lift 900+ tons. Anything I can do?

Legacy parts have problems scaling too large. I think the limit is like 190% If you need them bigger you can modify a cfg file with a larger default scale and that's how a lot of people have built massive IR stuff.

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

Legacy parts have problems scaling too large. I think the limit is like 190% If you need them bigger you can modify a cfg file with a larger default scale and that's how a lot of people have built massive IR stuff.

Thank you. Now ive never actually done that before. Is it just a matter of editing the scale factor under asset parameters?

29 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

Thank you. Now ive never actually done that before. Is it just a matter of editing the scale factor under asset parameters?

Correct Change Either line "scale = 1.0" Or it's "rescaleFactor=1.25" Can't remember for sure which. Another way is to simply copy the cfg file than change the name of the part and the scale and you will keep the original one and add a much larger part along side it.

8 hours ago, V8jester said:

Correct Change Either line "scale = 1.0" Or it's "rescaleFactor=1.25" Can't remember for sure which. Another way is to simply copy the cfg file than change the name of the part and the scale and you will keep the original one and add a much larger part along side it.

Hey jester, is there any way to use this on ksp 1.2.0 atm?

1 hour ago, p14082003 said:

Hey jester, is there any way to use this on ksp 1.2.0 atm?

Not yet afaik. The IR team has not updated it yet. And I believe everyone has been taking a bit of a break until 1.2 officially drops (no Pre release)

The newest version I'm aware of is 2.0.5 for KSP 1.1.3 found Here

13 hours ago, V8jester said:

Thank you so much. My whole week long project came down to these hinges functioning. You just saved it.

Thank you @V8jester for your help with the thread.

Small heads-up - we should be able update the mod to KSP 1.2 in a week or two, I think it will coincide with the final 1.2 release. Changelog for 1.2 looks huge and very promising performance wise, so I think I'll even play KSP a little bit again this fall, at least until Dishonored 2 releases :) 

29 minutes ago, Ziw said:

Thank you @V8jester for your help with the thread.

Small heads-up - we should be able update the mod to KSP 1.2 in a week or two, I think it will coincide with the final 1.2 release. Changelog for 1.2 looks huge and very promising performance wise, so I think I'll even play KSP a little bit again this fall, at least until Dishonored 2 releases :) 

Wow great! You guys are amaizing :wink:

Can someone help please? 

I've had a problem with all the IR Movatrons (wheels) in 1.1.3. They don't work. They just bounce around and are uncontrollable with a phantom force. 

So I downloaded and installed the IR 2.0.5 to replaced my the 2.0.2 version thinking this would solve the problem.. When I did that I LOST all the parts pictured below and was left with only like 13 or so parts (basically lost all the white parts who's name end in "otron") I think I'm missing the "Rework" parts?

So where can I find these updated rework parts?

Capture_zpsqcb9ama3.png

5 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Can someone help please? 

I've had a problem with all the IR Movatrons (wheels) in 1.1.3. They don't work. They just bounce around and are uncontrollable with a phantom force.

So where can I find these updated rework parts?

Link for it should be in Ziw's signature few post above:

I think that was the latest one available, but I can't tell for sure, I downloaded those quite a long time ago. There might some update after that one for 1.1.3., if there is link should also be available, buried somewhere in IR threads.

Having a bit of trouble making a tractor trailer. I used a free spinning washer to make the truck turn like a real semi.

For some reason the washer doesn't spin when turning. I broke the trailer part off in a crash (big cargo container with wheels) and the thing spins fine. I've been rebuilding in different ways for 4 hours with same result. With a trailer it does nothing. Without the trailer but with the washer and parts that connect to the trailer it spins fine. Thought it might be the wheels so i just attached a small container that didn't touch the ground at all and it still doesn't spin until i crash and break it off then rest of the mechanism spins fine.

You say not to connect IR to docking ports. I have two docking ports connected  to some structural parts then washer then to the trailer. 

Just now, SpaceFoon said:

Having a bit of trouble making a tractor trailer. I used a free spinning washer to make the truck turn like a real semi.

For some reason the washer doesn't spin when turning. I broke the trailer part off in a crash (big cargo container with wheels) and the thing spins fine. I've been rebuilding in different ways for 4 hours with same result. With a trailer it does nothing. Without the trailer but with the washer and parts that connect to the trailer it spins fine. Thought it might be the wheels so i just attached a small container that didn't touch the ground at all and it still doesn't spin until i crash and break it off then rest of the mechanism spins fine.

You say not to connect IR to docking ports. I have two docking ports connected  to some structural parts then washer then to the trailer. 

What version of IR and KSP are you using?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6w-J5aVrF91SEFtVnBGUVRyZEk

Put the craft file in there too. Craft is originally from 1.1 game if that's an issue. It was buggy as all heck before and even after bringing to 1.1.3. No idea how I fixed it. :) 

EDIT: OK I dont think its the craft I think it Kerbal Krash System. Am testing now.

EDIT2: Still not working with removal of Krash and all the docking ports.

EDIT3: Made a new craft with as few parts as possible and still just won't swivel. Even during a crash stiff as a board.

Edited by SpaceFoon

4 hours ago, SpaceFoon said:

EDIT3: Made a new craft with as few parts as possible and still just won't swivel. Even during a crash stiff as a board.

Do you have wheels on both sides? If so, the idea is dead 'til they figure out how to sever autostruts. The wheels are trying to improve the strength of your vessel.

1 hour ago, WildLynx said:

I have a question about free moving docking washer: How it supposed to work?

This contraption is not working at all.

I tried replacing SRBs with Reaction wheel - not working too.

Reaction wheels are supposed to rotate vessel around COM, but in case of not rigid body (one axis is freely rotating) things become more complicated...

So from the picture it looks like you are trying to do a rocket propelled spinner of some kind correct? This does work I did the same a while back. I can never tell with the original textures but is there a chance the docking washer is installed upside down? All IR components only work in one orientation. Limitation of KSP I'm afraid. But if you have a free moving docking washer between two parts with rockets on the "moving" part it will rotate.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.