1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

7 hours ago, Tr1gg3r said:

hmm havin this prob too, just came to check it wasnt just me :wink: although i havent got quick start mod installed.

edit. - managed to sort the icon not appearing issue (by deleting folder and reinstalling via ckan) however, now i have a white capsule appearing, in the centre of the sph, but it also follows me to runway :) see pics

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vh2cbirw9lt9o5/screenshot7.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2y7nd8mguaqhh6/screenshot0.png?dl=0

after i reinstalled via ckan, i cheekily put rework parts folder back in, so maybe ive duplicated something and i know it doesnt like that :wink:

Im all upto date btw ksp 1.1.2

IR version 2.0.4.

with IR active struts, rework core/ expansion/ utility/ rework tweakscale etc in the parts folder.

other mods -

comm navball dock align

comm resource pack

comm tech tree

FAR

JSI adv transP pods

KAS/ KIS/ KJR

modular flight integrate

mod mngr

take command

throttle control avionics

tweakscale.

It doesnt seem to effect anything gameplay wise, bit weird :wink:

This thing is not generated by IR for sure. Upload your KSP.log, so we can try to pinpoint what exactly spawns it.

7 hours ago, Ziw said:

This thing is not generated by IR for sure. Upload your KSP.log, so we can try to pinpoint what exactly spawns it.

sorted it, think it was IR, it was the only thing that i changed. looks like i put Active Struts in wrong place, as moving it solved the issue.

overview of what happened (may help others)

IR icon wouldnt appear in editor.

I had rework core,expansion,utility etc WIP,but saw newer version on CKAN, so i cut the Rework stuff out and deleted IR folder, then installed via ckan, then placing the rework stuff into the new IR parts folder, run game and issue appeared.

so, i checked debug F3 (didnt know how to copy it and include ere.lol) Active struts popped up in yellow warning, so i moved that into main IR folder and it seems to have sorted it.

Ooosh!

Dear All,

To avoid any issues with installation like @Tr1gg3r had, make sure your folder structure for IR and all related products is as follows (Active Struts might be anywhere in MSI folder to be honest):

eiaK2iY.png

When using the Latest Model Rework IR Parts by ZodiusInfuser I should of course overwrite the ir_ui_objects.ksp, even if the file size is smaller than the one that will be overwritten...?

Edit:

no wait, it does not come from there... hmpf, darn, ...

Ah! It's

Spoiler

so overwrite the original file with the RC Sequencer file?

Edited by Gordon Dry

Hi is it possible to set a default position for lets say the Extendertron - Stackable (Half)

Instead of me hitting the default position and it going all the way back in is it possible to have it go to a set position.

Also the same for all other parts is it possible? :)

Thanks

57 minutes ago, stk2008 said:

Hi is it possible to set a default position for lets say the Extendertron - Stackable (Half)

Instead of me hitting the default position and it going all the way back in is it possible to have it go to a set position.

Also the same for all other parts is it possible? :)

Thanks

Yes it is possible. You should watch the video on the OP, although the UI is from previous version, the functionality is still the same.

To set a new default position, you should open the Presets window, add a desired new position as preset (if it is not added yet) and press the "Default Position" toggle button to set this new preset position as the default position.

Hi guys!

First of all i want to thank you for this awesome mod, it really changes the way you could play KSP. But unfortunately i cant get it to work. I get all the part and when i use them in the SPH or VAB they move as they should, but when i launch, i can press all the buttons i want, it does not work! :(
Do you have a solution to this problem?

Here are the other mods i have installed:

PlanetrayBaseInc

KIS

KAS

NearFutureSolar

ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads

MagicSmokeIndustries (surprise)

Mechjeb2

Mechjeb2 Embbeded 1

SationScience

PartCommander

Thank you!:wink:

1 minute ago, ZolaRioN said:

Hey dude found out what is up with my IR yet?

Emm... Didn't you say earlier your issue was solved after re-install, dude?

Edited by Ziw

16 minutes ago, Flamingo said:

Hi guys!

First of all i want to thank you for this awesome mod, it really changes the way you could play KSP. But unfortunately i cant get it to work. I get all the part and when i use them in the SPH or VAB they move as they should, but when i launch, i can press all the buttons i want, it does not work! :(
Do you have a solution to this problem?

Here are the other mods i have installed:

PlanetrayBaseInc

KIS

KAS

NearFutureSolar

ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads

MagicSmokeIndustries (surprise)

Mechjeb2

Mechjeb2 Embbeded 1

SationScience

PartCommander

Thank you!:wink:

Most likely you, as like a dozen first-posters in this thread lately, use KSP  version 1.1.0, which is not the latest version and is not compatible with IR 2.0.x

Update your KSP and everything will work. Where do you even get KSP 1.1.0 nowadays?

Just now, ZolaRioN said:

Yeah, it fixed but for other who may have the same problem.

Then they will fix it the same way you did it - by updating their outdated mods and making proper clean installs.

18 minutes ago, Ziw said:

Most likely you, as like a dozen first-posters in this thread lately, use KSP  version 1.1.0, which is not the latest version and is not compatible with IR 2.0.x

Update your KSP and everything will work. Where do you even get KSP 1.1.0 nowadays?

Then they will fix it the same way you did it - by updating their outdated mods and making proper clean installs.

Yeah okay my bad, dont know why i didn't think of that. Sorry for using your time.;.;

But again thank you and the others for our awesome mod :)

Weird bug.

No matter what I do but when in VAB at the sub menu for launch clamps a tooltip saying "non RO - Extendatron - Basic" appears near the mouse pointer and it's really hard to get rid off it.

Spoiler

hzAMGfZ.png

Edited by Gordon Dry
Screenshot

1 minute ago, Gordon Dry said:

Weird bug.

No matter what I do but when in VAB at the sub menu for launch clamps a tooltip saying "non RO - Extendatron - Basic" appears near the mouse pointer and it's really hard to get rid off it.

Screenshot?

Just now, Gordon Dry said:

Done

It is stock tooltip. IR's tooltips are different. Try hovering any part on the craft or in the left pane - it should go away.

5 hours ago, NeoMatrixJR said:

How are the grapple struts supposed to work?  I can't get them to do anything?

Grapple struts require Active Struts, make sure you have the latest repack of Zodius's parts (see the last link on my signature) - it contains 1.1.2 compatible version of Active Struts

I'm having an issue I can only describe as joint drift.  Over time the joints of my crafts on a munar surface base drift off thier mark by as much as a meter.  Sometimes the joint continues to work even if hovering a meter away from its initial point.  I might need to video capture unless one of you has experience with this.

10 minutes ago, UAL002 said:

I'm having an issue I can only describe as joint drift.  Over time the joints of my crafts on a munar surface base drift off thier mark by as much as a meter.  Sometimes the joint continues to work even if hovering a meter away from its initial point.  I might need to video capture unless one of you has experience with this.

Do you have tweakscaled parts (robotic or not) on the base? We had some similar reports with TS, but it is almost impossible to reproduce and therefore fix. If you can reproduce on your save, then I need the log or ideally the save file itself (if you don't have too many mods).

Tweakscale capable yes... did I tweak them, no.  I'm wondering if I should kill all the tweakscale for everything but IR parts....  I feel like it kills balance... should that help minimize it?  Hmm, how would I do that?

8 hours ago, UAL002 said:

Tweakscale capable yes... did I tweak them, no.  I'm wondering if I should kill all the tweakscale for everything but IR parts....  I feel like it kills balance... should that help minimize it?  Hmm, how would I do that?

You can delete all tweakscale configs, and only leave IR's TS configs.

6 hours ago, UAL002 said:

BTW I literally nuked the parts of the base effected by trying to KAS move the parts around.  So no drift parts in my save at the moment unfortunately.

If you encounter it once more - let me know. I still hope to find a reproducable case to finally get to the bottom of it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.