Devnote Tuesday: Thank you!

SQUAD

Thanks Squad I'm already hype for full release. I been here three years in the forms and playing KSP and seeing this happen is a amazement.

Note: Did Squad fix the fairing separations?:huh:

Lastly, we’re taking bets on how long before the community discovers the resources easter egg we snuck in for you (I’m betting two months post launch). One hint: .It’s a pretty large easter egg.

Hype is real. :D *crosses fingers* Magic Boulder, Magic Boulder, Magic Boulder!!!

And thank you right back, Squad. Just as you couldn't say enough to thank us, I'm sure that there is nothing we can say that can express how much this experience means to us. :)

This game was the best 18 bucks I ever spent. I'm actually a KSP vet, back in 0.17 or there abouts is where I started. And watching this game grow was quite an experience.

I'm gonna see if I can join the HYPE-Train, now...

Edited by Bill Phil
14 =/= 18

[...]

Lastly, we’re taking bets on how long before the community discovers the resources easter egg we snuck in for you (I’m betting two months post launch). One hint: .It’s a pretty large easter egg.

[...]

First step when 1.0 drops: Install Hyperedit and start teleporting to ike.

Great dev notes! So happy to hear about the science over time addition. Best of luck with the release KSP team and thank you for all your work over the last 4 years!!!

Edited by Yakuzi

This has been an awesome ride, I only wish that I had gotten on earlier. I think I joined around .17 or .18.

I think that Squad needs to be commended, seriously you deserve an award. For early access done right. KSP should go down in history for that simple fact alone.

It's a great game, you have done an amazing job listening to your community. Job well done guys!

Thank you so much SQUAD, and all you folks associated with it. I applaud you for all the effort you guys have put in and for you guys to continue to stick with it even through the bumps! KSP will always be my favorite game, and the one that I have logged the most time on.

Thank you again for all the great work creating this masterpiece and all the best with the release of 1.0!

I cannot thank you enough for making this game. I say game, but what I should say is: best educational tool ever. I have learned so much about Space and science in general from KSP and its community. You have expanded brains young and old alike.

Best money I ever spent! I hope to give you some more when the merch comes along.

Thank you, thank you again and congratulations!

:D

I don't want to repeat what everyone else has been saying, but I must... thank you guys!

I can't imagine what an experience this has been for everyone involved. We all know KSP isn't your average game. When you take the story of an advertising company in Mexico making a cartoony simulator about rockets and developing it into a top-rated game, it almost sounds like something out of a movie. That ought to be SQUAD's next project... The Story of Kerbal Space Program :wink:

Congratulations to everyone over there! Thank you, guys!

Great devnotes - it's awesome to see words from Porkjet, RoverDude, and Arsonide!

Thank you for taking a look at Science, I really look forward to the new science lab!

Science is spread over a diverse array of parts and right-clicks, it is somewhat confusing to new players. I hope it gets consolidated into its own UI panel, in a future update.

Note: Did Squad fix the fairing separations?:huh:

No. They were never broken. I just found out myself so don't feel bad.

Good news everyone! I knew I'd find it!
Felipe (HarvesteR): This week has been mostly focused on the new fairings, the procedural mesh generation is already up and running, and you can already place them in the editor and sculpt the fairing as you wish. The enclosure is subdivided into panels, which can break off individually or in groups, which means we can have full control over how the fairing will come apart once it’s jettisoned. During construction, you can place a fairing and build it up immediately after placement, or you can use Tweakable actions to edit it later. There are actions to delete, re-build and edit fairings at any time in the editor.

So we will be able to decide if we want clamshell or confetti or clamfetti.

Crisis averted!

I dare to say that buying KSP was one of the best ideas of mine so far. Not because it's probably the most entertaining PC games I've ever had but because it completely changed my attitude towards science, space exploration and by that, maybe my life itself. Thank you guys for the game!

Kasper, what do you guys have in mind for Tuesdays, now that those are finished?

Also, still doing Squadcasts?

Yes! And we'll still be doing devnotes, it's just that this is the final set of devnotes before 1.0 drops.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.