Scott Manley's 1.0 Preview Video

armandleggames

I think as soon as some mods come out (i.e kerbal engineer, alarm clock) i'll start a Career Mode game, it seems like they've changed quite a bit, and I haven't done career in a while. I really like the look of the expanded tech tree.

Also, I saw a Flyby the Mun record contract, nice to see there will be more gradual transitions.

I cant see the Squadcast or any of the preview videos right now, someone can tell me how the new aerodynamics looks compared to FAR?

From scott manley's video, it's really hard to tell. However it for sure isn't a souposphere anymore, high velocities seem to provoke structural failures due to the stress on structures, booster separations are different...

1.0 looks fantastic. Here are my only two negative observations, which are personal preferences, and should not be construed to be criticisms of Squad:

1) I'm glad e-dog's going to continue developing Procedural Fairings because I'd be embarrassed to have fairings which break apart into a gazillion pieces on my rockets. Also, from what I surmise, they're non-structural.

2) So you need a heat shield but don't have to worry about shielding things like the RCS thrusters?

Overall though, Harv and the team have done awesome work!

So...... I must be missing something, but I have been with kerbal since alpha, so that makes me an alpha tester, why am I not privvy to the early release of 1.0?

What makes this dude so special. Comon dude.. I've been with KSP for years, before anyone knew who this dude was. when winter owl was just starting his KSP series.

I think I should more qualified

There was like 3 parts back when I dived in

Edited by darqen27

So...... I must be missing something, but I have been with kerbal since alpha, so that makes me an alpha tester, why am I not privvy to the early release of 1.0?

What makes this dude so special. Comon dude.. I've been with KSP for years, before anyone knew who this dude was. when winter owl was just starting his KSP series.

No, you were an alpha PLAYER. You are not privy because you are like everyone else in that you get the release when everyone gets the release. I'm sure if you would have made a lot of very popular Youtube videos or twitch streams, Squad would have pick you up for media release. But you didn't. And Squad didn't. If you want to cry about it, there's a corner.

Actually there was a experimentals team application program a while back. Also, there's the media team which obviously consists of popular Youtubers.

There, it was last August: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/89168-We-re-looking-for-a-few-good-testers!

Wait. What!?

This can't be true, he must have just been on vacation. Please tell me this isn't true...

Bill was just shown in the stream. There's four start Kerbals now, Val doesn't replace anyone.

Oh, my God. :) This is really, really exciting! Woah, Valentina! The camera moves in construction to focus on parts?! Big wings! HEATSHIELDS!!! Cockpits! Airbrakes! Aerodynamics! (Holy crap, that is fast! TOO FAST! :D)

*dies*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.