List of things needed in a hotfix

r4pt0r

I didn't see this in the thread, but I've noticed that attempting to warp at x1000 or higher while in orbit causes the ship to immediately explode from "overheating", my guess being because the game adds up the incoming heat from the Sun, multiplied by 1000, and then blows up the ship before checking for the outgoing heat.

Parachutes have NOT always been this way whatsoever, what are you talking about? Before you would open the chute, and it wouldn't be fully deployed, and only very minorly (is that a word?) have an effect on deceleration. Now, when the chute opens at 20km at 1.5km/s, it is still not fully deployed, but you go from 1500m/s to 50m/s in a second flat - STILL not fully deployed. The chute fully deploys at 500m and slows you to about 6m/s as it used to, but in NO way is the predeployment the same, that's absurd.

The difference, from what I can tell, is that the drag model didn't work "properly" on the partially deployed 'chutes before. Now it does.

The problem, I think, is that the stats for the parachutes didn't get a balancing pass to make sure they worked realistically.

This is something that may need to be fixed.

I just purchased the game and have never played it before. I went into Training and did the first training tutorial. Then I started a new game and went to sandbox mode. I went to the VAB and nothing worked. I could not even exit to the menu. I had to go to window mode and hit X. I did all these steps twice and had the same problem.

Then I came back in and just went to sandbox mode and it finally worked. It seems there is a problem with going from Training to Sandbox mode. This should be looked into especially for new players. It is a frustrating problem.

Re-entry heat is a good idea idea, but as it stands now it seems kind of useless. My heatshield only ever gets 'damaged' until after I reach parachute altitude, which slows me down in a second.

But then again, if I didn't use them, I would slam into the ground with a 800ms speed.

Edited by Maizel

Further testing of the heat system issues continues! As I predicted, there is in fact a 'death wall' speed limit of around 900 to 1200m/s below about 35km or so on Kerbin. It's really poorly realized, too: I just had the fairing on a rocket blow off as I crossed that magic number, even though there was no shock heating prior to that on the rocket at all. A quick check of the variables for the heating engine shows that, regardless of altitude, heat builds up in a purely linear fashion relative to speed: you'll hit the same temperature at the same speed regardless of how long you've been flying or how thick the atmosphere is. The heat radiation parts do dissipate this heat, but it's heat that should not actually be generated under many of the conditions it is generated.

EDIT: And a new bug discovered along with that! When the fairing blew up, all control of the ship was completely lost. Even though there were two command pods and a probe core present, no controls responded at all. Everything inside the fairing appears to have been marked as "dead" when the fairing blew up, despite the fact that it was all still intact and functional.

Edited by SkyRender

You can add to the list (these are all minor):

The LY-01 and LY05 are not considered landing gear by the engineer report

The control surfaces do not maintain their deployed state on launch.

The Round-8 tank is in the Ion Propulsion tech node. (not sure if that is a bug or not, but I'm going with yes)

You can add to the list (these are all minor):

The LY-01 and LY05 are not considered landing gear by the engineer report

The control surfaces do not maintain their deployed state on launch.

The Round-8 tank is in the Ion Propulsion tech node. (not sure if that is a bug or not, but I'm going with yes)

Lol, I think that may be intended as a joke. =)

Lol, I think that may be intended as a joke. =)

I don't think so. Kind of a silly joke hiding it that deep in the tech tree. I just thought it got overlooked after it was changed back.

Also another little bug. The EAS-4 doesn't appear to have an icon in the tech tree for some reason.

So far, issues I had:

- "Esc" key stopped working during flight, with all the rest keys working fine. Couldn't reproduce.

- Pilot SAS is extremely twitchy while trying to hold prograde in atmosphere, to a point of flipping craft. It worked better in unmodded 0.90.

- Pilot SAS misses the mark when ordered to hold prograde in orbit, and then kind of lazes around it - you can send it slowly drifting away from prograde mark, while prograde is on, with small key inputs.

- Parts important in spaceplanes, like winglets, are destroyed by reentry - how did that get past QA?

Some buttons still let the click fall through to whatever is below. Build (or load) a big ship. Click load, and then cancel. If the cancel button is above a part, you will simultaneously cancel the load and also select the part, removing it from your ship.

Some buttons still let the click fall through to whatever is below. Build (or load) a big ship. Click load, and then cancel. If the cancel button is above a part, you will simultaneously cancel the load and also select the part, removing it from your ship.
Yes, that type of UI bug has been around for a while.

In the VAB it's possible to unintentionally select and remove craft parts, when clicking to adjust the staging sequence - the parts buttons in staging click through to the craft, if it's behind them.

Mousing over UI buttons should be changed to focus them, and block click-throughs to craft parts.

Also, it's impossible to turn off Surface FX. Interesting.

EDIT: Switching scenes leads to a backs screen where you can see the cursor. Must Alt+Enter to make it playable again.

Edited by Linear

I've read almost the whole thread but haven't seen this mentioned: When attaching parts inside the 1.25m service bay, they always attach facing the wrong way. That is, I see the back of the part inside the bay, with the majority of the part inside whatever the bay is attached to. I have to flip each part around manually so that it's inside the bay.

I've read almost the whole thread but haven't seen this mentioned: When attaching parts inside the 1.25m service bay, they always attach facing the wrong way. That is, I see the back of the part inside the bay, with the majority of the part inside whatever the bay is attached to. I have to flip each part around manually so that it's inside the bay.

I think that's an ongoing issue that also exists with control surfaces and wings. Press C to disable the angle snap and the problem is solved.

I experienced this bug yesterday:

a parachute attached to a jettisoned stage will remain filled and in the air once that jettisoned part hits the ground/water. Switching over to the jettisoned stage sees the parachute disappear properly.

I noticed this when testing some water landings at the KSC. Put a radial chute on a flea srb with 25% thrust and ride a mk1 on top of it over to the water. Detach the flea and have its chute activate, you'll see that when the flea hits the water, its chute is still in the full deployed state.

Not sure if this counts as a hotfix, but I'd like to see a balance pass on the solar panels. Currently the small panels the OS-STAT is the cheapest, lightest, and lowest tech level option per unit of Electric charge generated. It's only downside is it doesn't track, but it's twice as powerful as the mid sized panels.

There is little point at all in using the Giginator as it's simply not as good in any metric except part count.

Minor thing but easily fixed. The Steam Store version needs a new image. It's still displaying the "Beta Than Ever" plate. Y'all (Squad) want to celebrate your 1.0 release everywhere right?

Can't assign air brake to an action group key, well you can but it doesn't save or work when you launch. Only hitting the brake button or manually deploying them works.

But yea the Aero and Heat totally didn't get enough testing.

Minor visual "to-fix":

On my first suborbital flight in career mode, I had a huge round "shadow" on Kerbin's surface. Dark but not black, and I could see the landscape through it. It's size changed depending on the angle. I looked, but there were no planet or moon in kerbol's line of sight.

On my first mun landing attempt (and success! But Val is stranded in mun orbit on the way back...), I went until I was in mun orbit, then saved and quit. Came back an hour later, loaded the save. But the "fairing" covering the heatshield had disappeared. Tried to quit and reload, but no effect. decoupler had not decoupled though.

Good bug hunting, and thanks for the good work!