Beta vs 1.0 - a comparison

pvtnum11

Ian's List of KSP Version Comparisons - Beta vs 1.0... (tongue in cheek, this is supposed to be funny - purely my own opinions, or cherry-picked out of the community. Really, this is a gag post, chllax)

On Aerodynamics:

Beta - I like soupodynamics, nice and predictable.

1.0 - EVERYTHING I KNOW IS WRONG

On Re-entry

Beta - Porcupine landers straight from Minmus = no problem

1.0 - WHY IS MY POD FACING DOWN? CHUTES AREN'T ABLATIVE!

On typical Career progression strategies

Beta - first we do this, then this, then unlock this, and upgrade this and bam, you can do a profitable Mun trip only four flights in.

1.0 - I am going to murder whoever redid the gorram tech tree.

On Planes

Beta - I keep hearing about those poor sods with FAR ripping planes apart, sucks to be them.

1.0 - IT SUCKS TO BE ME

On Ascent profiles into LKO

Beta - 10km straight up, turn 45-degrees to the east, maintain that heading more or less until your Ap is out of atmo, done. So easy my kid can do it.

1.0 - Great, spun out *again*.

On Contracts

Beta - we need more mods that add contracts.

1.0 - Wow, they actually listened to us? Automatic world-record completions, woot!

On the Demo version

0.18.3 - jeeze, this version is old, but hey, Mun landings are simple.

1.0 - Why aren't there any gimbaled engines...? Or articulating fins...? SPAM REACTION WHEELS EVERYWHERE

On female Kerbals

Beta - I hear this is supposed to be a thing soon.

1.0 - Haven't seen Jeb around lately, seems that he's been replaced by the new hotshot pilot...

On mods

Beta - Finally got my list of desired mods all sorted out and everything. Life is good.

1.0 - OMG WHY HASN'T [insert mod here] BEEN UPDATED YET

On difficulty

Beta - This game is starting to cater to filthy "Casuals".

1.0 - Okay, I know we wanted it harder, but THIS ISN'T WHAT WE MEANT

On Version numbers

Beta - Hey, we skipped 0.27, but cool, I guess...

1.0 - Hey, we REALLY skipped 0.95...!

On Loading Times

Beta - Jeeze, hurry up and load already.

1.0 - It's... it's done..? [angelic singing]

Got additions? Post 'em up!

On difficulty

Beta - This game is starting to cater to filthy "Casuals".

1.0 - Okay, I know we wanted it harder, but THIS ISN'T WHAT WE MEANT

It is what we meant. :D

On heating

Beta - Max temperature? What's that?

1.0 - WHY DID MY NTR EXPLODE HALF MY CRAFT

SAS seems to be worse than in 0.9. Even small rockets wobbles now.

The recent SAS-versions always had a tendency to either understeer and getting thrown off by the slightest imbalance, or to completely overdo the whole thing and work towards the deathwobble. However nobody wants to listen to me so there we are. :P

Rockets feel a bit more wobbly, independent of aero (used far for a long time), so I assume the connectors got weakened from the post-buff superstable rockets of earlier versions. At least this time the physic bugs seem to be ironed out. It's fixable by adjusting design, reactionwheels and most importantly lowering/deactivating engine gimbal, tho.

Edited by Temeter
cruel grammatics

It is what we meant. :D

On heating

Beta - Max temperature? What's that?

1.0 - WHY DID MY NTR EXPLODE HALF MY CRAFT

A variant of this:

Beta - I like to use solar panels as dummy radiators for LV-N's, looks more realistic.

1.0 - I like to use *anything* as actual radiators for my LV-N's, as they have a habit of exploding.

Flying planes is much more fun than in 0.9. As for my issue with wobbleing, it seems it has been fixed in 1.02.

Now I've a issue with physical warp : Flight missions are looooonnnnnnng and sloooooowwwwwww. So as I fix my alttitude and SAS (nearly flat, little updward), I switch to physical warp. the plane always dive down immediatly (30%). Without warp, every thing is nice, but sloooowwwwww.

Any hints ?

A wall I usually climb by doubling the number of turbojets on my plane :D

Well, I didn't go so far as to double the number of engines... but yea... I climb it (literally) by ascending to a higher altitude before trying to pass it, and strappng on more engines.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.