[1.7.3] SPC-v0.19 | Spaceplane Corrections, stock part texture improvements and trim switching (8 September 17)

HafCoJoe

Updated download to optimized textures, as well as merged downloads - with installation instructions for both options. Thanks for the optimization tips InsanePlumer!

Updated download to optimized textures, as well as merged downloads - with installation instructions for both options. Thanks for the optimization tips InsanePlumer!

Hi Avera9eJoe, just to let you know your link is directing to the older 0.06 download, rather than your 0.07 one.

also seeing v0.06. so unless you didn't change the name of the file, we're getting the wrong version.

Edit: Looks like it was updated, just the name of the download wasn't changed. there's texture replacer instructions in the download, and since I still have the older v0.06 download saved, I compared and the older file doesn't have those instructions.

Edited by vardicd

Hi Avera9eJoe, just to let you know your link is directing to the older 0.06 download, rather than your 0.07 one.

I am also getting a file with "SPPCC v0.06". I'm glad to see your mod, but I'll wait a bit to get the current version. :)

Edit: Ah, I see the edit above.

Edited by Nicole

New release! Added standard canard and swept wing. Oh and also, if you're a fan of Proot's Renaissance pack, I've been making my own slight variations on his parts. I may be posting that here if I get his permission.

Please do not take this as complaints about.

Just trying to help and explain you the correct execution of textures in DDS format.

In the version 0.08 is optimized only one texture AirplaneFins.dds, the rest do not have MipMaps, so they are not optimized as they should be. (MipMaps)

Link to optimized version 0.08.

Edited by InsanePlumber

Please do not take this as complaints about.

Just trying to help and explain you the correct execution of textures in DDS format.

In the version 0.08 is optimized only one texture AirplaneFins.dds, the rest do not have MipMaps, so they are not optimized as they should be. (MipMaps)

Link to optimized version 0.08.

I've opened and re-saved every image to have the same settings as you posted on the last page in THIS version. Are these correctly optimized? The file size of your re-uploads and mine are the same (~30% bigger).

And no worries, I'm not taking you as compaining, you are being extremely helpful. And a complainer doesn't talk in such a constructive way. I think I'll put a shoutout to you in the changelogs, actually. :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

• 4 weeks later...
Nice mod!

Also, all the Rockomax tanks are very out of place.

Oh, I know. They're all horrible looking. The game is badly in need of some nicer looking 2.5m tanks (perhaps a little Apollo-styled, but some white and some grey). I hope to see this become a thing.

SO..... rather then complaining about it, I'm going to try and solve it.

- Avera9eJoe

Wait... you can't do that... people have to complain instead of solving things.

WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?

(can't do the squiggly lines :()

Is there any chance that you'll merge this with your old stock redux? I'd like to see that lander can again someday.

- - - Updated - - -

You also said on that that you'd like to fix the MK2 fuselages. What happened to that?

I've been busy with finals ;.;. I'll try and get to this soon :).

• 1 month later...

Can I make a suggestion, Mr. Avera-niney-joe, Average Joe, or Avera nine Ee Joe?

A stock color pack that corrects some of the colors to a brand-wide standard.

Jeb's Junkyard uses yellow and grey (and white, but only for tanks) (like the pipes on the LV-T series) paint. The LV-N currently has orange paint, which is the signature of Rockomax.

Rockomax Conglomerate uses orange, grey, and black. Not much must be changed, but perhaps an option to have the tops/bottoms of the Rockomax tanks painted orange (they are not actually flat tops, they have a rounded tankbuttlike shape.) The yellow pipe on the Poodle should be orange, and maybe a few other accents on the Poodle could be recolored.

Kerbodyne is sleek and white/black. I figure the tankbutts ought to be a silver or grey similarly to the stock tankbutts of the Rockomax tanks.

Probodobodyne is blue and dark grey, but I don't think there's any parts that disobey this color scheme.

Steadler is yellow and white with some small bits of dark grey. Not much disobeys this color scheme either.

This is no big deal, except on the LV-N. If anything, I wish the LV-N would be given the yellow paint instead of orange paint.

• 2 weeks later...

I just added an optional download for a version of the Mk1 cockpit with a redone window texture to hopefully match the other window colors. Feel free to test it out if you want. I'd love input.

Paste and replace this in TextureReplacer\Default\Squad\Parts\Command\mk1Cockpit:

mk1Cockpit.dds (Dropbox)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I just added an optional download for a version of the Mk1 cockpit with a redone window texture to hopefully match the other window colors. Feel free to test it out if you want. I'd love input.

Paste and replace this in TextureReplacer\Default\Squad\Parts\Command\mk1Cockpit:

mk1Cockpit.dds (Dropbox)

It's great, and it brings the look of the cockpit inline with the other parts well. I approve!

It also makes the cockpit look a LOT like the old version of itself in the parts menu. Maybe the colors are more in line with that one. Hm. I still like it.

Thank you kindly sir! :D

- It appears as though I have found a bug in Vbulletin... no matter how many times I delete and rewrite the file patch I cannot remove the " " in mk1Coc kpit. :confused:

• 2 months later...

MAJOR UPDATE!!!

I finally have been able to implement a function from the FireSpitter.dll to choose between part textures, and because of this I can continue my work. I hope you all enjoy the new options!

• 3 weeks later...
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Fancy!

Does it have the Mk2 tank colors fixed?

As in the slight variations in textures from one tank to another? Sadly I don't think I have those fixed yet. I'd love it of you could list off a few of the things you want fixed and even possibly some screenshot examples if that isn't too hard for you. I need to know what's amiss in order to fix it. :)

- And btw you just brought me up to 5 light green bars. ;)

As in the slight variations in textures from one tank to another? Sadly I don't think I have those fixed yet. I'd love it of you could list off a few of the things you want fixed and even possibly some screenshot examples if that isn't too hard for you. I need to know what's amiss in order to fix it. :)

- And btw you just brought me up to 5 light green bars. ;)

Ah, yes, let me take those pictures for you. Also, congratulations on the fantastic amount of (well-deserved) rep!

Saw some other people complaining about the textures, and as it turns out, the top of the fuel tanks are mismatched with the bottom, as far as the color on the edges. The Mk2 cargo bays, though, don't appear to do this. Imgur album!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

- - - Updated - - -

Also, there's a "Default" texture option... Hm.

OzeDMXg.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 7/15/2016 at 2:17 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Updated header to reflect 1.1.3 compatibility. It still works almost year later :)

Thanks! These look mighty fine.

FYI: I believe your comments in the configs are using the wrong type of backslashes (\\ instead of //) and so they're not actually comments.:wink:

Cheers.

4 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Thanks! These look mighty fine.

FYI: I believe your comments in the configs are using the wrong type of backslashes (\\ instead of //) and so they're not actually comments.:wink:

Cheers.

Whoops... I'll fix that now :wink:

Also going to release a freshened up and *renamed* version of SPPCC in a few minutes if I can find the meshnames of the space shuttle wings/flaps. Removing some depreciated textures and general cleaning.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.